PDA

View Full Version : There's something about Tim Tebow...

~Barn~
Thu Nov 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM
That makes watching Bronco football enjoyable again. I still wouldn't call myself a Bronco fan by any stretch, but I like watching polarizing figures at their trade; especially when they seem to be inherently a "Winner" and geniunely personable.

Split hairs about the guy and his ability if you must, but he makes watching the team fun again for me.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Nov 17th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Eat that shot haterz.

I'm sure Colin cowherd will still be talking shit tomorrow, but keep on hatin haters

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Nov 17th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I enjoyed the game and look forward to watching T-Ball again. ;) Sweetie Pie was sitting beside me blathering on like Beavis as Cornholio ROFL! "C'mon, we need 4 yards, gotta get four yards, c'mon 4 yards, etc..." :D Too funny!

drago52
Thu Nov 17th, 2011, 10:32 PM
TEBOW!! LOL. It's like rooting for Rudy. He's a terrible quarterback, awful passer, but he manages to rally the troops in the 4th quarter and pull it out every game. It's hilarious to watch. He misses tons of wide-open receivers all game, then come 4th quarter, he puts a drive together. rediculous. love it. I don't understand how they are managing to win these games...

King Nothing
Thu Nov 17th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Split hairs about the guy and his ability if you must, but he makes watching the team fun again. this

madvlad
Thu Nov 17th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I believe Tebow has what it takes, he just needs time like every player to develop. People need to stop being so damn retarded and realize this... I'm rooting for this new team that is coming together rather well. win or loose I'm a Broncos fan... John Elway instead of playing hardass and badass in his office should realize that Tebow like the rest of the team need guidance, not prove himself to be worthy of it. Unfortunately Mr. Elway forgot what he went through and let his fame get to his head... This is not about you pimp, its about the good of a team, a team that embraced you and that now needs your help, not your pompous, arrogant comments and attitude.

~Barn~
Thu Nov 17th, 2011, 11:18 PM
TEBOW!! LOL. It's like rooting for Rudy. He's a terrible quarterback, awful passer, but he manages to rally the troops in the 4th quarter and pull it out every game. It's hilarious to watch. He misses tons of wide-open receivers all game, then come 4th quarter, he puts a drive together. rediculous. love it. I don't understand how they are managing to win these games...

Well it's pretty simple really... Football is a team sport, not one that is won or lost by one particular player. Think of him as "awful" or "terrible" if that's what you think of his talent, but the truth is, he's able to play with the skills that he has to a degree where they're in it at the end, if you will. Of course the Defense has its role to play, to make sure it's not always a daunting comeback effort, but again... it's a sport that is dictated and directed, by the sum of its parts.

Tim Tebow at Quarterback is (in my best analysis):
- Serviceable in almost every area.
- Extremely capable in certain areas.
- Deficient in one particular area.

Tim Tebow as an athlete however, has intangible qualities that are very rare, and very exciting to watch. It wouldn't be the same to watch, I don't think, if he were at any other position besides Quarterback. The neatest part of it all, is that the offense hasn't even come close to how it's ultimately going to meld. Once that happens, and the nuances of Quaterback/Position Player timing start coming together, this team actually could turn into a pretty "steady" offensive unit, IMO. And hey... once a football team gets to point where they can start playing "from out front", instead of working so hard to keep within striking distance, then everything gets flipped upside down. I for one, am eager to see if they'll get there!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Tebow's a winner, Orton was a loser, what's to argue?8)

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 07:49 AM
there are many players with talent dripping off them along with terrible attitudes and a destructive work ethic.

Here's a kid with the right work ethic, couldn't ask for a better attitude, and lots of potential to improve.

Why the haters would rather talk shit than give the kid a chance to grow, I'll never know.

So on the topic of his all too apparent deficiency; I'm curious if his problem is throwing accuracy or if its he struggles to time the routes correctly. And you know folks - there were several passes there where receivers had two hands on the ball and just failed to come down with a reception. Not every ball can be put on the numbers but receivers need to make plays too. No doubt they all gave it 100%, receivers were diving and giving it every effort.

Keyser Soze
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Here in Phoenix ever station this morning was going on about Tebow. It was awesome. I guess since the Cards suck so bad they're getting behind Tebow :lol:

Just can't see why there's so many people that cannot stand the guy. He seems like one of the few "nice guys" in the game. Hell Rivers doesnt even get that much hate....and that guy is the worst person in the game.

salsashark
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 08:11 AM
said it before, I'll say it again. I hope he's given the opportunity to grow and develop. The throwing will hopefully come with time. He has, potentially, one of the best mentors he could possibly have sitting in the front office. Learn to settle down in the pocket and look for the opportunity.

I will say this, I prefer his "no open receiver so I'm off to the races" over Orton's "throw it away" or Cutler's "throw a pick" decision making abilities.

As for last night's game, that was all defense. Denver's special teams, well, were "special". And the offense was practically non-existent.

As for leadership. I like Tebow's attitude, it's infectious. If he can inspire and lead the team to all want to do better, then rock on! These last 4 games has brought back some of the Bronco magic that seemed to have all but disappeared over the last several seasons. Let's see if they can keep it alive when they get a couple of losses under Tebow's belt.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 08:24 AM
He's getting better, i was fortunate enough to get to see it in person last nigh. He completed 9-20, which is much better compared to last weeks 2-8. Quite a few of his other passes were either on the money, but rockets which made catching difficult, or just a little too short/deep. One of the fans next to me was saying Tebow plays his best when he's running for his life. That's exactly what happened on the last drive, he was running for his life, but he made things happen. I'm excited to see him progress...with every win, comes more and more support. At the end of the game walking down the ramps, people were screaming TEBOW!!!

Oh yeah, and how perfect that Revis who talked so much CHIT to the media, couldn't make the game saving tackle!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Oh yeah, and Jessie James is smokin! If you don't know who she is, she's eric deckers wifey, and i guess a famous country singer.

birchyboy
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 08:27 AM
The show just before the game did a story on Deckers and his girlfriend in their house. She's a smoking hot Italian for sure!

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Right on salsa - defense played great. The two offside penalties were disappointing and I'm surprised there wasn't a roughing the passer called

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 08:48 AM
what was up with our kick-off returner...why not just down it and take it at the 20. instead he tries to run it from 8 yards deep in the endzone and only gets to the 5 yrd line?

Colquitt is one BA punter tho, the punt where it landed at the 1 and bounced backwards...pretty amazing to watch him sprial everyone of his punts.

salsashark
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 08:51 AM
^^ IIRC

The pregame show said that the Broncos deactivated their normal punt returner so they could get another player in who was familiar with the option. Royal and Decker both tried to return... without good results.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
our punt returners (royal and decker) were fine, they just needed to make a fair catch. it was out kick off returner, IIRC esp in the last quarter, he tried to run back 2 kick offs that were deep in the endzone and he got stopped at the 5 and once at the 15 i believe. I think it's cosby or something like that.

salsashark
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 09:11 AM
:oops: After watching Decker get a whopping 1.5 yard return, I kind of tuned out any of the special teams plays.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 09:27 AM
yeah he pretty much sucked, i think he was just being a good husband...didn't want to take the stage away from his woman :lol:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 10:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/isKTc.png

TFOGGuys
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah, Elway's stats in 83 pretty much sucked: 4-10 47% completions, a shitload of interceptions...

Tebow brings fire to the game, the team, and the fans, something that no QB since Elway has really done.

Pharmgirl
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Wait, Tebow is a QB? I thought he was a running back.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 10:42 AM
he's a QB in a Tight-End's body, that throws like a kicker! :lol:

dirkterrell
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 10:59 AM

I was hoping someone would post those numbers. The thing I like about Tebow is that he doesn't try to force throws (as someone mentioned further up) and it shows up in his TD/int numbers. The timing is off, but let me tell you guys, as a former QB myself, that is the very easiest thing to work on. Decision making is quite a bit harder to learn, but he's pretty darn good at that already. The hardest thing to coach is having the fire in your belly to win a game, and this kid has that in spades, so much that it spreads to the other guys. Combine that with his work ethic, and you've got a rare combination that shouldn't be dumped just because he hasn't yet had time to develop the timing with his receivers.

This guy is the antithesis of Ryan Leaf. Leaf had the skills in spades but none of the personal skills and pissed it all away. Tebow has the personality attributes but needs to improve on one major area in his passing skills that is the easiest to fix. He has the right mindset. The coaching staff in the last few weeks has correctly changed their mindset. When this kid gets some experience under his belt and has a full offseason to work with his receivers, the naysayers are going to be enjoying a seven course meal of crow.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Through 8 starts-

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/313234_10150967989825721_592675720_21747540_180650 9480_n.jpg

King Nothing
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Through 8 starts-

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/313234_10150967989825721_592675720_21747540_180650 9480_n.jpg

wow

Nooch
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Too bad "Tebow Time" usually doesnt start until 10 minutes into the 4th quarter. He definitely is much more fun and exciting to watch than Orton BY FAR! But 2 things I think are gonna kill the "magic" of Tim Tebow...

1. The wins so far are coming mostly against teams that self-destruct and end up beating themselves. The Jets did it. The Raiders did it (not surprisingly).

2. The option offense that includes Tebow's morph into a runningback when all else fails will disastrously explode in their faces in the postseason if Denver makes it that far.

Denver is winning, you cant argue with results some say. And he's fun to watch. But I think a cure for Tebow fever will present itself in a big way before the end of the season. The only thing that can save Tebow is if he learns how to throw and make decisions consistently and accurately. THEN we're in business! In the meantime, 12 play/95 yard scoring drives and Tebow's awkwardness in the pocket will eventually be too insufficient to keep up with serious playmaker teams.

I know everyone's saying let the haters hate, and I dont feel like a Tebow hater, I like the guy and I hope he can develop quickly enough to bridge the gaps, but Im not one to get excited over a few wins when I see no signs of staying power yet. But I will HAPPILY eat my words if he can prove me wrong!

TFOGGuys
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah, Elway's stats in 83 pretty much sucked: 4-10 47% completions, a shitload of interceptions...

Tebow brings fire to the game, the team, and the fans, something that no QB since Elway has really done.

The Black Knight
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM

deja vu??

grim
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
deja vu??

The first one was on page one he wanted to make sure everyone saw what he has to say. :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I was hoping someone would post those numbers. The thing I like about Tebow is that he doesn't try to force throws (as someone mentioned further up) and it shows up in his TD/int numbers. The timing is off, but let me tell you guys, as a former QB myself, that is the very easiest thing to work on. Decision making is quite a bit harder to learn, but he's pretty darn good at that already. The hardest thing to coach is having the fire in your belly to win a game, and this kid has that in spades, so much that it spreads to the other guys. Combine that with his work ethic, and you've got a rare combination that shouldn't be dumped just because he hasn't yet had time to develop the timing with his receivers.

This guy is the antithesis of Ryan Leaf. Leaf had the skills in spades but none of the personal skills and pissed it all away. Tebow has the personality attributes but needs to improve on one major area in his passing skills that is the easiest to fix. He has the right mindset. The coaching staff in the last few weeks has correctly changed their mindset. When this kid gets some experience under his belt and has a full offseason to work with his receivers, the naysayers are going to be enjoying a seven course meal of crow.
You know, speaking of timing, when I was in Jt. H/S and H/S band, we worked with a metronome all the time, so we could get our timing right. I wonder if doing something like that could help them get in synch? Maybe have a common, synched, wireless signal from a metronome in their helmets everytime they practice? I'm sure you can't do that in the game, but if every time they practiced they did it and got it in their heads to have perfect timing, imagine the precision on the field?8)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 05:54 PM
The first one was on page one he wanted to make sure everyone saw what he has to say. :lol:
Crap, it's Deja Vu all over again........ :lol:

(The older folks here might recognize that.....) ;)

Sleev
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 07:09 PM
who the fuck cares? we're winning!

derekm
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I don't mind watching von miller through all 4 quarters! Hell the entire D is making the games fun to watch as well.

TFOGGuys
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 10:07 PM
deja vu??

double post
double post

Not riding enough can lead to double vision...:lol:

The Black Knight
Fri Nov 18th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I see what you mean. See I've got my forum settings to show max posts per thread. So on my end, it's still showing page one with only like 35 posts. Mine doesn't kick over to page 2 until past 45....

double post
double post

Not riding enough can lead to double vision...:lol:
Probably, but it's too cold. Bike won't come out til Spring. No sense in freezing when I've got a perfectly good truck with a rockin heater in it to keep me warm and toasty.

AOK303
Sat Nov 19th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Personally i think Tebow is a College QB,
While Elway didn't have a great beginning at the start, he had less of a team to work with and then they built around him. But Elways was a Proven Passer before he came to the NFL, Tebow was and still is an Option play QB

mxer
Sun Nov 20th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Too bad "Tebow Time" usually doesnt start until 10 minutes into the 4th quarter. He definitely is much more fun and exciting to watch than Orton BY FAR! But 2 things I think are gonna kill the "magic" of Tim Tebow...

1. The wins so far are coming mostly against teams that self-destruct and end up beating themselves. The Jets did it. The Raiders did it (not surprisingly).

2. The option offense that includes Tebow's morph into a runningback when all else fails will disastrously explode in their faces in the postseason if Denver makes it that far.

Denver is winning, you cant argue with results some say. And he's fun to watch. But I think a cure for Tebow fever will present itself in a big way before the end of the season. The only thing that can save Tebow is if he learns how to throw and make decisions consistently and accurately. THEN we're in business! In the meantime, 12 play/95 yard scoring drives and Tebow's awkwardness in the pocket will eventually be too insufficient to keep up with serious playmaker teams.

I know everyone's saying let the haters hate, and I dont feel like a Tebow hater, I like the guy and I hope he can develop quickly enough to bridge the gaps, but Im not one to get excited over a few wins when I see no signs of staying power yet. But I will HAPPILY eat my words if he can prove me wrong!

Your fresh new insights are amazing!

I like him because he's left handed.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 07:55 AM
^me too!

birchyboy
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Orton is on waivers now so Tebow & Quinn are the guys.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Orton is on waivers now so Tebow & Quinn are the guys.

at least for the rest of this season...

salsashark
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
heard an Elway interview this morning on my way to work saying that he doesn't think Tebow is the long term solution for Denver... hmmmmmmm

grim
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
heard an Elway interview this morning on my way to work saying that he doesn't think Tebow is the long term solution for Denver... hmmmmmmm

Maybe Elway should shut his mouth and step up to be the coach rather than say he thinks he knows what is best for the team...just sayin.

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Maybe Elway should shut his mouth and step up to be the coach rather than say he thinks he knows what is best for the team...just sayin.
You do know this is John Elway right?? I think he's earned the stripes to say whatever he pleases when it comes to the Broncos. I would back your statement if it was just your average run of the mill sports hack throwing their .02 cents in. But this is John "Freaking" Elway we are talking about..

Oh and that news chick from the other video with Elway(about DHS) is hot, she'd get it. Hard.... :D

grim
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 03:03 PM
You do know this is John Elway right?? I think he's earned the stripes to say whatever he pleases when it comes to the Broncos. I would back your statement if it was just your average run of the mill sports hack throwing their .02 cents in. But this is John "Freaking" Elway we are talking about..

Oh and that news chick from the other video with Elway(about DHS) is hot, she'd get it. Hard.... :D

I see what you are saying but the thing is that Elway is always throwing in his .02 if he thinks he knows whats best then become coach and bring us a championship then he can say "see i told you"

AND GOD DAMMIT NO SHE IS NOT!!!!!!!!!

rforsythe
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 03:07 PM

What I heard him say was that Tebow wasn't a proven entity yet and time will tell. Big difference between the two.

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 03:13 PM
I see what you are saying but the thing is that Elway is always throwing in his .02 if he thinks he knows whats best then become coach and bring us a championship then he can say "see i told you"

AND GOD DAMMIT NO SHE IS NOT!!!!!!!!!
Well I think John Fox is doing a fine enough job at coach right now. So I don't see a reason to step in and have Elway coach. But see here's the thing. I don't think Elway would make that great of a coach. But in terms of quarterback development I think he'd probably be one of the best in the biz. Now we don't know what goes on in training, whether or not Elway is trying to help Tebow. If he is and Tebow is receptive, then Tebow will start developing. If Tebow isn't, then we may not see him develop as a QB. And this being all speculation as to "IF" Elway is actually working with Tebow.

Also Elway did help bring us a championship. Two back to back ones(97-98), not to mention helped get us to three others(losses). I'm not saying Elway is the "end all, be all" of quarterbacking. He's my fave as I grew up watching him play, so he'll always be my #1. But I think what he accomplished, does give him some room to talk, and I'm sure when he talks, people will listen. After all, regardless of what people may think of him, he's high up on the list of the games GOAT's.

Lastly, not to beat the passing game drum again. But "IF/WHEN" Tebow can do this ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXIt_9l023o <-------complete awesomeness, show's what a cannon for an arm really is...

Then he will have developed into a well rounded QB.

And you know, I've got a thing for News women. Don't know what it is, I just love smokin hot news chicks. Whether they be anchors or reporters, they fire my rockets.

salsashark
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 03:29 PM
What I heard him say was that Tebow wasn't a proven entity yet and time will tell. Big difference between the two.

The soundbite I heard, and mind you it was only a soundbite, he went on to say that Tebow was not a pocket quarterback capable of bringing home a championship. It went on, but I wasn't really paying attention.

grim
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Well I think John Fox is doing a fine enough job at coach right now. So I don't see a reason to step in and have Elway coach. But see here's the thing. I don't think Elway would make that great of a coach. But in terms of quarterback development I think he'd probably be one of the best in the biz. Now we don't know what goes on in training, whether or not Elway is trying to help Tebow. If he is and Tebow is receptive, then Tebow will start developing. If Tebow isn't, then we may not see him develop as a QB. And this being all speculation as to "IF" Elway is actually working with Tebow.

Also Elway did help bring us a championship. Two back to back ones(97-98), not to mention helped get us to three others(losses). I'm not saying Elway is the "end all, be all" of quarterbacking. He's my fave as I grew up watching him play, so he'll always be my #1. But I think what he accomplished, does give him some room to talk, and I'm sure when he talks, people will listen. After all, regardless of what people may think of him, he's high up on the list of the games GOAT's.

Lastly, not to beat the passing game drum again. But "IF/WHEN" Tebow can do this ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXIt_9l023o <-------complete awesomeness, show's what a cannon for an arm really is...

Then he will have developed into a well rounded QB.

And you know, I've got a thing for News women. Don't know what it is, I just love smokin hot news chicks. Whether they be anchors or reporters, they fire my rockets.

Then the question is Will Elway work with Tebow and share his talent? I am very well aware of What Elway accomplished it would be nice to see him train someone and watch them bring us another championship. Tebow has the the running game but he needs to throw more and elway i think can help with that.

Your "thing" for anchor woman can be acknowledged however that woman is not "smoking hot" therefore your "thing" for "smoking hot anchor women" is not valid through her.

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Then the question is Will Elway work with Tebow and share his talent? I am very well aware of What Elway accomplished it would be nice to see him train someone and watch them bring us another championship. Tebow has the the running game but he needs to throw more and elway i think can help with that.

Your "thing" for anchor woman can be acknowledged however that woman is not "smoking hot" therefore your "thing" for "smoking hot anchor women" is not valid through her.
Oh I agree, I think Elway has a wealth of knowledge to pass on to Tebow. And I think a little time will tell whether or not it happens. "IF" Elway has stepped in to help Tebow, then Tebow would be out of his mind not to piggieback off of Elway's knowledge and it would give him a great chance to develop as a passer.

But see here's the thing, it is a valid thing because I think she's hot. Now with me there are varying degrees of a woman's hotness. I don't just have "hot or not". I've got a very sophisticated spectrum of hotness that I have set up. In the news world, she's hot. I think Kellie MacMullan was hotter(you guys got her after she left KRDO here in the Springs). Now is the news anchor woman hotter than "insert just about every chick from the "oh for the luv of Sexy Women" thread??? probably not. In fact she wouldn't make that list. But really who cares, it's a female with moderate hot factor and I love that :D

grim
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
Oh I agree, I think Elway has a wealth of knowledge to pass on to Tebow. And I think a little time will tell whether or not it happens. "IF" Elway has stepped in to help Tebow, then Tebow would be out of his mind not to piggieback off of Elway's knowledge and it would give him a great chance to develop as a passer.

But see here's the thing, it is a valid thing because I think she's hot. Now with me there are varying degrees of a woman's hotness. I don't just have "hot or not". I've got a very sophisticated spectrum of hotness that I have set up. In the news world, she's hot. I think Kellie MacMullan was hotter(you guys got her after she left KRDO here in the Springs). Now is the news anchor woman hotter than "insert just about every chick from the "oh for the luv of Sexy Women" thread??? probably not. In fact she wouldn't make that list. But really who cares, it's a female with moderate hot factor and I love that :D

You are on your own on this one buddy :lol: Id take her with two brown bags in case the first one breaks.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 03:55 PM
I sense a butterface thread coming...

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 04:49 PM
I sense a butterface thread coming...
Oh come now, we all have our tastes in women.

brennahm
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Not sure why people don't think Elway has a right to say what he wants...what's his title again? Oh yeah, VP of Football Operations. That's pretty much a GM and his JOB is to decide who is on the team (in consultation with John Fox depending on how Fox's contract is written).

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Oh come now, we all have our tastes in women.

I'm not criticizing. My comment was spawned from the two brown bags comment. ;) I haven't even seen a picture of the woman you're in love with in the TV. :D

~Barn~
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:26 PM
All of us are entitled to our opinions, regardless of our paygrade, but Elway comes across as very glass-half-empty in comparison to his "Field General" out there. This guy has enough positive potential energy and (dare I say it...) "God given" talent, that he could probably power this team to a few more exciting victories, with the entire head office off on vacation to space. He's a coach's player and a player's player, AND HE'S JUST STARTING OUT HIS CAREER AS A PROFESSIONAL.

So yeah.. maybe he's not hitting 100% of his attempts just yet with 7000 passing yards under his belt, but he's winning freaking NFL football games under what has to be a RIDICULOUS amount of personal expectation to succeed for his team and family and self. Forget what journalists, and forum hacks and people in the stands think about him. Tim Tebow takes a very public and unforgiving game and plays its most scrutinized position and receives the most unrelenting amount personal opinion voiced about him, and he's able to play it in a vaccum, and when he's at his best, he's nails. Whether or not he's a longterm anything to Elway or anybody, I think The Denver Broncos need him right now, far more than he needs them.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Orton's been waived.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10506849

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:01 PM
All of us are entitled to our opinions, regardless of our paygrade, but Elway comes across as very glass-half-empty in comparison to his "Field General" out there. This guy has enough positive potential energy and (dare I say it...) "God given" talent, that he could probably power this team to a few more exciting victories, with the entire head office off on vacation to space. He's a coach's player and a player's player, AND HE'S JUST STARTING OUT HIS CAREER AS A PROFESSIONAL.

So yeah.. maybe he's not hitting 100% of his attempts just yet with 7000 passing yards under his belt, but he's winning freaking NFL football games under what has to be a RIDICULOUS amount of personal expectation to succeed for his team and family and self. Forget what journalists, and forum hacks and people in the stands think about him. Tim Tebow take a very public and unforgiving game and plays its most scrutinized position and receives the most unrelenting amount personal opinion voiced about him, and he's able to play it in a vaccum, and when he's at his best, he's nails. Whether or not he's a longterm anything to Elway or anybody, I think The Denver Broncos need him right now, far more than he would have needs them.
I agree with alot of what you said. I'll have to admit it, I haven't done a complete 180 on Tebow. But he's definitely changed my outlook for the Broncos. Again my only concern is he develop into a passer. He's got buckets of talent, drive and charisma. Once developed he'll be a force to be reckoned with. However, he has done a lot with very little. What I really appreciate about Tebow, is the fact that maybe he hasn't developed as quick yet but he's sure helped others on the team develop. And maybe they always have been developed but they play with more heart and drive when he's in. Which is good and shows good leadership.

Lastly, someone mentioned they could watch Von Miller all 4 quarters. I'll have to second that, watching Miller crush opposing QB's the whole game has been very entertaining. Denver needs to make sure he develops into a nasty linebacker(which he's on his way to, and when I say nasty, I mean it in a good way). Between him Dumervil and DJ Williams our Defense is very tough up front. And all three of them harass QB's the whole game.

I especially liked the hit Von Miller put on Sanchez in last Thursday's game. You could see the pain in Sanchez face when Miller caved in his back and kidney area lol!!! Normally I'm not a cheap shots guy and in football it's all about getting shots but that's always been one of my favorite and legal hits on QB's. Watching them get blown up from behind when they aren't paying attention. Cause you know most QB's are pissed after taking a shot like that and it's because they didn't see it coming and their line left the flood gates open. I remember seeing Montana take a hit like that years ago, can't remember the game or who hit him. Just that he set up to make a pass and just got destroyed by a defensive player from behind.

I'm not criticizing. My comment was spawned from the two brown bags comment. ;) I haven't even seen a picture of the woman you're in love with in the TV. :D
I ain't in love with her. Just said she's hot. HAHA :D

Orton's been waived.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10506849
yep heard this today. He's history, probably go to either Kansas City or the Bears lol!! least that's what initial reports were saying.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 07:09 AM
....and here's something funnier, look how Da Bears have been doing since they got Cutler. Personally, I think we should have fired Fox and kept Cutler.....just made him man-up and be the leader he needed to be instead of a whiner.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
people make a big deal about this Elway thing like it's some kind of got-ya. The man was just honest and said the jury was out because the 3rd down conversions are horrid.

The thing a good interviewer would have followed up with would be, "how long do you plan to give the guy to see if he continues to improve?"

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
yep heard this today. He's history, probably go to either Kansas City or the Bears lol!! least that's what initial reports were saying.Either way, Orton will be playing against the bronco's in the next few weeks. I'm sure that's gonna be fun to watch! Hopefully Orton doesn't have the game of his carreer against us.

mdub
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 11:09 AM
he no longer has game. early route to be like Collins

The Black Knight
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Either way, Orton will be playing against the bronco's in the next few weeks. I'm sure that's gonna be fun to watch! Hopefully Orton doesn't have the game of his carreer against us.
Anything is possible, if he goes to the Bears he's got a shot. Lots of good players and weapons on that team. Plus the Bears like him and I'm sure Urlacher will have Tebow in his sights.

birchyboy
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
All this talk of Orton going back to the Bears has put the "Circle of Life" song from The Lion King in my head.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
hakunamatada!

The Black Knight
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
It's official Orton goes to KC

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20111123_chiefs_claim_kyle_orton

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Not what the "experts" on ESPN radio predicted all day

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
What if it's all an act and Tebow is just trying to get the secondary to relax? ;)

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't mind if he'd give a straight answer to a question.

starting to sound too much like a politician

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 05:52 PM
A win... again. ;)

The Black Knight
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM
HA!! you beat me to this thread.. Yep another "W"!!! that one was a little close for comfort.

madvlad
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 05:59 PM
What a game, Tebow looking a bit better. Team is coming together pretty well, awesome catch by Decker and the Defense was just on top!

buddahson
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I may be in the minority but I think Bronco's football has been terribly boring with Tebow playing. Really I think all his victories belong to the defense. We wouldn't have a shot if it wasn't for the defense playing the best they have in years.

Sparker
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I may be in the minority but I think Bronco's football has been terribly boring with Tebow playing. Really I think all his victories belong to the defense. We wouldn't have a shot if it wasn't for the defense playing the best they have in years.

While the offense has been a little stale, The offense wins games, the defense wins championships. Id rather have a winning combination no matter how boring the O is

~Barn~
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Great team win today. Defense continued to play very well, and Tebow's passing is recognizably better looking. Definitely some lousy dropped balls, that should have been caught, hurt his stats; but like he gives a damn. :lol:

They still need to start playing from out front, if it's at all possible, but a well-deserved win.

madvlad
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Its a team in progress, Tebow is a work underway. Yes, the ball is being run a lot and blah blah but in the end is not for our entertainment completely but to win games.

King Nothing
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I would put up with seasons of boring games if we won championships.

salsashark
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I would put up with seasons of boring games if we won championships.

Agreed... Win first, the "excitement" will follow.

AOK303
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 06:56 PM
still not a Tebow fan

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 07:07 PM
my f'n dvr ran out at the Johnson spot booth review. piss me off!!!!!

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 09:15 PM
people want to bust on Timmy for his passing numbers but I saw several well thrown balls dropped by receivers.

Lots of room for improvement but I still feel like he's getting better every game.

FZRguy
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Praise the Lord! :lol:

mastap07
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 06:10 AM
taken care of business.... no i dont think you should typically wait until the last quarter to suprise the other team but it is entertaining to watch! glad i forgot the game was on until they were in OT lol

Keyser Soze
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 08:47 AM
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKAcVL_phI&feature=player_embedded

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
how long before saturday night live spoofs this guy?

we believe, I believe, we all have faith and pull together

he might need to come up with some new material while commenting on actual plays. I wanted to see the Shannon Sharp interview where it appeared he was really going to pressure him for actual comment on the issues everyone is talking about.

Keyser Soze
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 10:11 AM
This one?\\http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=2b9910d4445c7ca63ef75c0f6563b502&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fpirate4x4.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthrea d.php%3Ft%3D1022963%26page%3D6&v=1&libid=1322500235691&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Ffeature %3Dplayer_embedded%26v%3DiK0xSg1Qu8M&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fpirate4x4.com%2Fforum%2Fforumdisp lay.php%3Ff%3D24&title=tebow!!!!!%20-%20Page%206%20-%20Pirate4x4.Com%20Bulletin%20Board&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Ffeature ...%26amp%3Bv%3DiK0xSg1Qu8M&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13225002417371

Sharpe is a putz.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 10:19 AM
This one?

Sharpe is a putz.

was it aired cut up like that? Certainly wasn't how they previewed it.

I don't want any gotcha moments on the kid, just real thoughtful answers and less evasion of difficult questions.

Keyser Soze
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I dunno. Saw it this morning. Didn't care enough to dig for an unedited version. Just more hulabaloo.

dirkterrell
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 10:30 AM
We wouldn't have a shot if it wasn't for the defense playing the best they have in years.

A good defense is where winning begins, no matter what the state of your offense. And a good running game helps your defense tremendously because it keeps them on the sideline and rested (as well as keeping opposing teams' pass-happy offenses off the field). When the 4th quarter rolls around and you have to depend on your defense to play well, it matters quite a bit that your defensive players can still go full speed, especially against a hurry-up offense that doesn't give you time to substitute. That extra half-step can be the difference between a sack for your defense or a touchdown for the opposing offense.

I'm old-fashioned enough to really like what the Broncos are doing with the run game. Tebow really throws wrench into the defensive schemes that opposing teams have to develop. Did you see how they had Weddle shadowing Tebow most of the game? That's a defensive back that can't help out against the other receivers, even during "obvious" passing downs. Teams are going to have to keep doing that, and as big and strong as Tebow is, he is more often that not, going to break that tackle and get yardage. And I'm telling you guys, as a former option quarterback myself, there are killer passing plays that you can do from that deep-read option. The Broncos haven't shown them yet, but when they do, it's really going to put the defenses on their heels.

I like what I'm seeing in the Broncos, from the coaching staff to the players. They're being creative and not trying to replicate the same old pass-50-times-a-game approach. They are finding ways to win with what they have, and that is exactly what they should be doing. You can count on one hand the number of QBs in the league that can consistently win games on their arm alone. Everybody else wants to try to do it and can't. The Broncos are interesting because they are going after wins by thinking differently and I like that a lot. It's much more interesting than watching Orton try to be a Brees/Brady/Manning/Rogers and throw interceptions.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 12:16 PM
A good defense is where winning begins, no matter what the state of your offense. And a good running game helps your defense tremendously because it keeps them on the sideline and rested (as well as keeping opposing teams' pass-happy offenses off the field). When the 4th quarter rolls around and you have to depend on your defense to play well, it matters quite a bit that your defensive players can still go full speed, especially against a hurry-up offense that doesn't give you time to substitute. That extra half-step can be the difference between a sack for your defense or a touchdown for the opposing offense.

I'm old-fashioned enough to really like what the Broncos are doing with the run game. Tebow really throws wrench into the defensive schemes that opposing teams have to develop. Did you see how they had Weddle shadowing Tebow most of the game? That's a defensive back that can't help out against the other receivers, even during "obvious" passing downs. Teams are going to have to keep doing that, and as big and strong as Tebow is, he is more often that not, going to break that tackle and get yardage. And I'm telling you guys, as a former option quarterback myself, there are killer passing plays that you can do from that deep-read option. The Broncos haven't shown them yet, but when they do, it's really going to put the defenses on their heels.

I like what I'm seeing in the Broncos, from the coaching staff to the players. They're being creative and not trying to replicate the same old pass-50-times-a-game approach. They are finding ways to win with what they have, and that is exactly what they should be doing. You can count on one hand the number of QBs in the league that can consistently win games on their arm alone. Everybody else wants to try to do it and can't. The Broncos are interesting because they are going after wins by thinking differently and I like that a lot. It's much more interesting than watching Orton try to be a Brees/Brady/Manning/Rogers and throw interceptions.

What Dirk said, and, hey, looky how many more "W"'s we have now than "L"'s now that tebow is playing instead of Orton? IMO, we should have kept cutler, but, barring that, should have started Tebow as soon as we got him and benched Orton immediately.

Zach929rr
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM
inb4 Congressman Tebow

That was some expert level redirection there.

King Nothing
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 01:23 PM
how long before saturday night live spoofs this guy?

we believe, I believe, we all have faith and pull together

he might need to come up with some new material while commenting on actual plays. I wanted to see the Shannon Sharp interview where it appeared he was really going to pressure him for actual comment on the issues everyone is talking about.
I was actually thinking that Seth MacFarlane is going to have a field day mocking Tebow.

~Barn~
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 02:03 PM
There's about 2:00 minutes left in the 4th, and Tebow is driving. Not sure how it's going to turn out, but call your mom, because it's on!

Nick_Ninja
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 02:21 PM
BRONCOS WIN!!!!

derekm
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 02:22 PM
great game! that minn rb is a TANK!

Zach929rr
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Talk about a clutch pick by Goodman

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 04:53 PM
8 for 15 passing....

not that MN secondary is all that special.

but there were some real good things (in the second half) and more improvement shown

FZRguy
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Like Barn was sayin' "It's fun to watch the Broncos again."

mastap07
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 07:32 AM
yes there is something about tebow but i think the rest of the team has picked it up as well and its always a nail biter!

derekm
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 05:28 PM
.<<<<<

mdub
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 07:15 PM
"It's fun to watch the Broncos again." even though i've always watch them before...

Ezzzzy1
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 12:47 AM
I have a $100 (aka Benjamins, C-Notes, ten-tens, hundo...) That that the Bronkos do not make it past the second round of the Playoffs?

salsashark
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I have a $100 (aka Benjamins, C-Notes, ten-tens, hundo...) That that the Bronkos do not make it past the second round of the Playoffs?

Considering they were never supposed to be there to begin with, I'd be happy seeing a legitimate play off run... successful or not.

jbnwc
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 01:24 PM
This is coming from an outsider who never really watched the "Elway era" and doesn't have the "Elway is a god" background, but to me it seems as though Elway is jealous of Tebow and just trying to protect his legacy as the Broncos' greatest QB. Every time they compare Tebow to Elway and how much better Tebow is, I think it stings Elway's pride. He thinks of himself as some sort of god and he can't stand it that Tebow is the better man, person, 1st season QB, media idol, fan-celebrity, etc etc. To me it seems like Tebow beats Elway in every conceivable way at this point in his career and nothing irks Elway more. Elway COULD be mentoring Tebow into the QB of the century, but instead all he does is cut him down. You see shots of him up in his skybox and you can see in his face that he doesn't like how well Tebow is doing. He's protecting his legacy instead of doing what is best for the Broncos.

mdub
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 01:43 PM
That that the Bronkos do not make it past the second round of the Playoffs?

that would just be typical bronco style.....but wait, there is something about Tebow.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 01:45 PM
This is coming from an outsider who never really watched the "Elway era" and doesn't have the "Elway is a god" background, but to me it seems as though Elway is jealous of Tebow and just trying to protect his legacy as the Broncos' greatest QB. Every time they compare Tebow to Elway and how much better Tebow is, I think it stings Elway's pride. He thinks of himself as some sort of god and he can't stand it that Tebow is the better man, person, 1st season QB, media idol, fan-celebrity, etc etc. To me it seems like Tebow beats Elway in every conceivable way at this point in his career and nothing irks Elway more. Elway COULD be mentoring Tebow into the QB of the century, but instead all he does is cut him down. You see shots of him up in his skybox and you can see in his face that he doesn't like how well Tebow is doing. He's protecting his legacy instead of doing what is best for the Broncos.One thing Elway has that Tebow doesn't = car dealerships...........yet :D

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Have also noticed a bit of a grimace from Elway when interviewers try to make a comparison between the two. Maybe it's reading too much into things but pretty fair to say that John doesn't welcome the compairison.

brennahm
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Talked to the guy on the phone once. Self important doesn't even BEGIN to describe that guy...

mdub
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 02:14 PM
bit of a grimace from Elway when interviewers try to make a comparison between the two.

.....cause he wants to yell out...i'm da man and will always be the man.....dammit i have two supa bowl rings..

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Talked to the guy on the phone once. Self important doesn't even BEGIN to describe that guy...
You're just hatin' because he's more important tha you. :)

But, honestly, I've been kinda pissed at some of the things he's said lately about Tebow. I hope Tebow proves him wrong!

FZRguy
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Lately, Elway has been saying he’s Tebow’s biggest fan and hopes he is the Broncos QB of the future. I heard him say this on KOA last week. You really think a Hall of Fame QB with two Super Bowl rings is jealous of a noob QB? I think not.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Lately, Elway has been saying he’s Tebow’s biggest fan and hopes he is the Broncos QB of the future. I heard him say this on KOA last week. You really think a Hall of Fame QB with two Super Bowl rings is jealous of a noob QB? I think not.

Elway is just interested in the profit / loss column these days. That is directly translated into the 'W' column.

~Barn~
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
For the record, I was kinda hoping that Hanie (an ex Colorado State Ram) could have gotten the "W" in this game.

At the end of the day though, some key plays were costly to the Bears, and the offensive coordinator(s) didn't help their cause by hand-cuffing Hanie and the Bears O, when they were still up by 10 with ~9:00 to go in the 4th. They picked the wrong team go into a shell for, and when you let Tebow and the rest of the Broncos "hang around" long enough... Well... they do what they do.

Another fantasticly entertaining game, if not bitter-sweet for me.

Oh yeah... Matt Prater is nails.

salsashark
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 05:33 PM
How did I know this thread would be bumped :lol:

madvlad
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
All I can say is Prater for president bitch!

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 05:39 PM
How many balls can one offense drop and still win?

In the first three quarters Tebow may have to stick the ball in a few face masks like that movie....

salsashark
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 05:43 PM
How many balls can one offense drop and still win?

In the first three quarters Tebow may have to stick the ball in a few face masks like that movie....

I lost count... ah ah ahhhhh

http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/3/3c/CT-p0001-ST.jpg

mxer
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Gee I wonder if it's coincidence that when the gameplan is abandoned, (end of half and games) they rack up points. So frustrating watching them run the same non productive plays over and over again. CHANGE YOUR OFFENSIVE CALLS!

But I was rewarded at the end of the game. It takes a great player to overcome your own awful coaching and inept receivers.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Barber needs the MVP :D

vort3xr6
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Oh man I was at the game and it was flat out electric. We were about to leave at 3 minutes left and one buddy convinced us to stay! THANK TEBOW WE DID!

When Barber ran out of bounds I knew we finally had a chance. It was awesome to hear all the shitty Chicago bears fans finally shut the fuck up when Tebow lead the offense down the field. Seriously, I didn't think I could dislike the city of Chicago more, but I do now.

GO BRONCOS.

Sincerely,
Believer

Squisha
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 09:46 AM
lol I'm outta town right now and we DVR'd the game.

I failed to advise my friends to "add 30 minutes"

DVR stopped with :25 or so left on the clock Broncs down 3. 'Doh!! We missed the best part, dammit!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Barber needs the MVP :D
Hah! No shiznit!

derekm
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM
lol I'm outta town right now and we DVR'd the game.

I failed to advise my friends to "add 30 minutes"

DVR stopped with :25 or so left on the clock Broncs down 3. 'Doh!! We missed the best part, dammit!
nfl.com

FZRguy
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Here's your SNL skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul2dhNaQgxM

mastap07
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 06:12 AM
so they didnt look so good yesterday against a good team... tebow didnt really look like himself and does anyone have an answer to why he ran backwards for 40 sum yards?!?!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 08:17 AM
so they didnt look so good yesterday against a good team... tebow didnt really look like himself and does anyone have an answer to why he ran backwards for 40 sum yards?!?!

exaggerate much?

Mother Goose
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Jesus told him to.

dirkterrell
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 08:59 AM

Yeah, it was fourth down and he had nothing to lose in trying to make something happen. Tebow's play in the game was pretty good, throwing some damned accurate downfield passes. This loss can be pinned on two things: turnovers (fumbles and muffed punts) and very bad defensive play, which I pin primarily on the coaches.

The coaches appeared not to have prepared the team very well and tried to sit back in coverage rather than being really aggressive going after Brady. If you sit back and let Brady survey the field, he will slice you up no matter how good your secondary is. The bad preparation was evident in the almost universal lack of coverage on the underneath routes (uh, hello, that's what Brady and the Pats have done for the last decade). When you see that happen once, you can blame a player for not doing the right thing. When you see it over and over and over, it's a coaching problem.

Tebow's turnover (fumble on the option) was really due to a very good effort by the defender. He read the option and did exactly what he was supposed to do. It looked like Tebow read it properly as a pitch, was about to do so (one hand on the ball) but realized that the defender was going to get to him, so he was going to pull it down but the defender got there at just the right time. You can't really fault Tebow too much for that one. Yes, it was his mistake but as a coach, I wouldn't yell at him too much about it. The defender just made a hell of a play.

The way I look at it, the Pats got 16 points off turnovers. Without that, it was a 25-23 game, with some very bad defensive play on the part of the Broncos. If the Broncos happen to meet up with the Patriots again in the playoffs, I'd feel pretty confident about their chances.

derekm
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I thought the broncos beat themselves w multiple horrible turnovers....

mastap07
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 09:22 AM
agreed with dirk and derek. you must put pressure on brady. awesome hit by dummervil but i was hoping to see more out of miller. it think it does come down to getting the players ready by the coaches for the next game especially against the Pats.

birchyboy
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 09:46 AM
It was a great game to be at. It sucks they lost, but at least they lost to my other team :) The turnovers really seemed to take the steam out of the team for the most part. Tebow had some really nice passes to receivers that were covered. His precision is improving.

I'm pretty surprised that Brady got up asquickly as he did after a monstrous sack. I can't remember who it was, but it looked like he folded Brady in half he hit him so hard.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
The way I look at it, the Pats got 16 points off turnovers. Without that, it was a 25-23 game,

Not only that, but we were moving the ball pretty well and could have made some more points off those possessions if we kept the ball.

Excellent assessment of the game btw.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Cosby needs to be fired...this guy cannot return punts/kick-off's. He thinks he's devin hester, but can't even make it to the 20. Yesterday was a heart breaker for me...the way the game started, I was thinking, maybe this once we'll actually score some points early and not wait till it's too late. I was a bit baffled by the ref's penalty calling, 3 penalties for the Pats and um-teen for us. Just sad.

derekm
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 04:28 PM
agreed with dirk and derek. you must put pressure on brady. awesome hit by dummervil but i was hoping to see more out of miller. it think it does come down to getting the players ready by the coaches for the next game especially against the Pats.right, I only saw 1 or 2 shots that had a bandaged up paw in them

Cosby needs to be fired...this guy cannot return punts/kick-off's. He thinks he's devin hester, but can't even make it to the 20. Yesterday was a heart breaker for me...the way the game started, I was thinking, maybe this once we'll actually score some points early and not wait till it's too late. I was a bit baffled by the ref's penalty calling, 3 penalties for the Pats and um-teen for us. Just sad.
ya that ref was an ass, lots of broncos d jerseys being yanked on tv, guess the refs were preoccupied or something. we played like shit too though, I bet with only 1 turnover we would have won. o'well buffs shouldnt be too big of a deal(assuming we dont play similar to yesterday) and cannot wait for kc, hope to score a cpl tix!

~Barn~
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 05:43 PM
This has a chance to be a valuable loss for them, if it helps the staff and the players understand that playing sub par against A-grade teams will leave them far short of striking distance, come 4th quarter. The start for the Broncos was great, but it pretty much deteriorated from there. Bad "D", failures on Special Teams....They tried, but too much gradual implosion to come back from. Would have been nice to beat the Pat's, but I hope the loss serves a greater purpose as they head toward the post season.

mxer
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Again awful coaching, I really don't know why people are overlooking this and give them praise for all they have done.

-Not going for on 4th and less than 1, even Hoodie knew Fox didn't have the balls to go for it because he declined the penalty. You have a QB that gets positive yards every time he touches the ball. That was the beginning of the the loss of momentum IMO. You played right into NE's hands.

-They were running it straight down NE's throat in the 1st quarter yet they feel like they have to get cutesy and run the halfback pass that failed miserably which lost momentum, also why run the option?? That lead to the fumble

-Letting Crosby continue to field kicks and punts and letting him take kickoffs 5 yards deep in the endzone when he can't get to the 15 yard line. You're not Hester.

-When they were pinned in their own zone with less than a minute left in the half and they run THREE consecutive pass plays (they never did that the whole game at that point) which drained about 15 seconds off the clock allowing Brady another chance to score

-Completely abandoning the run in the 3rd quarter and beyond

It was disgusting.

derekm
Tue Dec 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Again awful coaching, I really don't know why people are overlooking this and give them praise for all they have done.

-Not going for on 4th and less than 1, even Hoodie knew Fox didn't have the balls to go for it because he declined the penalty. You have a QB that gets positive yards every time he touches the ball. That was the beginning of the the loss of momentum IMO. You played right into NE's hands.

-They were running it straight down NE's throat in the 1st quarter yet they feel like they have to get cutesy and run the halfback pass that failed miserably which lost momentum, also why run the option?? That lead to the fumble

-Letting Crosby continue to field kicks and punts and letting him take kickoffs 5 yards deep in the endzone when he can't get to the 15 yard line. You're not Hester.

-When they were pinned in their own zone with less than a minute left in the half and they run THREE consecutive pass plays (they never did that the whole game at that point) which drained about 15 seconds off the clock allowing Brady another chance to score

-Completely abandoning the run in the 3rd quarter and beyond

It was disgusting.

but how do you feel about it?

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Dec 23rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw6c2uVYoO1r5ubj1o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1324758211&Signature=I8oGAogH2tEZY90ngfhv31l%2Fa4s%3D

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Dec 24th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Alright Denver, looks like the bills have adjusted to the run up the gut. Let's see something else.

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Dec 24th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Another terrible second quarter where Denver fails to adjust on either side of the ball.

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Dec 24th, 2011, 01:52 PM
http://www.veteranstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Nuclear-explosion.jpg

Ezzzzy1
Sat Dec 24th, 2011, 02:08 PM
The bronkos are changing their team logo to something more fitting and familiar...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/images-9.jpg

Bueller
Sat Dec 24th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I believe the luck has run out. There was never much skill involved. Last week was the first game I have watched, this week it was turned on right at the beginning of the 4th quarter implosion. I lol'd. Denver fans got exactly what they were asking for. GO TEBOW!

~Barn~
Sat Dec 24th, 2011, 04:33 PM
The game was today?? :lol:

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Dec 24th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Wasn't all Tim's fault

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Dec 24th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Disappointed in our receiving. Plenty of catchable passes were dropped. Tebow took chances but our receivers are not good enough to make the plays. Fail on both sides of the ball. :(

Monster
Sat Dec 24th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Still a Tebow, Broncos Fan. They just had a terrible game.

crunch
Sun Dec 25th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I believe the luck has run out. There was never much skill involved. Last week was the first game I have watched, this week it was turned on right at the beginning of the 4th quarter implosion. I lol'd. Denver fans got exactly what they were asking for. GO TEBOW!

The Broncos had a bad game. Tim had a bad day, but so did everyone else on the team, especially special teams!! Once you get behind like that you start trying to force plays and get yourself into trouble. Last week they got outplayed, this week they beat themselves. I don't know if you've been bashing Tim all along, but realise he is still a rookie QB by all rights. He'll get bashed for things he doesn't do well because everyone made such a big deal about him, but he handles himself really well amidst all the hoopla. Next year he'll come back a much more relaxed and mature QB. Nobody will work harder to be better. That you can bet on!!!

Bueller
Sun Dec 25th, 2011, 03:00 PM
This will be my second post so no I have not been bashing all along. I just get a kick out of Bronco fans, or football and most every other professional sports fans. I think it is hilarious how people get so wound up in this crap. It's a freakin' game played by grown children that people idolize or demonize. :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Another terrible second quarter where Denver fails to adjust on either side of the ball.
Looks like they had problems with their balls all game long....... :(

~Barn~
Sun Jan 8th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Haha.... What a great play call and execution. From the spiral to the textbook stiff-arm. Great win! :rock:

dirkterrell
Sun Jan 8th, 2012, 06:24 PM
So, it looks like the offensive coaches finally revealed a complete set of options for the Broncos. As I said earlier in the thread, there are passing plays that the option offense opens up and today they ran a few of them (tight end drag and drag-and-go) with success. The drag-and-go is a great call against a safety like Polamalu. Tebow had a few poor throws but there aren't many QBs who won't miss a few here and there. And he made some very nice throws that are more technical like the deep outs. Give the kid a good off-season of working with his receivers, and I'm telling you, he will be leading an offense that is very problematic for NFL defenses designed to stop the likes of Brady/Manning/etc.

If the defense can keep Brady and crew from doing too much damage and the Broncos offense can get the running game going, they stand a good chance next week.

madvlad
Sun Jan 8th, 2012, 06:25 PM
That was awesome, Tebow passed much better. Broncos stepped up huge and hopefully they'll keep this same pace next wee

Zanatos
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 07:15 PM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/11730759/images/1282174912248.jpg

salsashark
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Just received this text from my brother in law

Tim Tebow, the most infamous white bronco since OJ Simpson's

bulldog
Tue Jan 10th, 2012, 08:07 AM
THE MILE HIGH HALO AFTER THE BRONCOS GAME

http://www.ks1075.com/Pics/1%20Morning%20Show%20Pics/JANUARY2012/halo.jpg

Since breaking into the NFL's top ranks this season, Tim Tebow has made headlines as much for his outspoken religious beliefs as for his performances for the Denver Broncos.
And his claims to be helped by God were bolstered when sharp-eyed fans saw a halo floating above the stadium where he helped the Broncos to a spectacular overtime victory over the Steelers on Sunday.
The ring of smoke appeared over the Mile High Stadium in Denver just after the Broncos scored their first field goal in the wild-card game which they won 29-23

dirkterrell
Tue Jan 10th, 2012, 08:36 AM
THE MILE HIGH HALO AFTER THE BRONCOS GAME

It's the smoke ring from the cannon they pop after a score. I've seen some really cool ones at machine gun shoots when they set off dynamite. :headbang:

Mother Goose
Tue Jan 10th, 2012, 08:49 AM
See, it's shit like that that gets on my nerves. :rolleyes: OMG! I saw Jesus in my toast!

salsashark
Tue Jan 10th, 2012, 08:58 AM
See, it's shit like that that gets on my nerves. :rolleyes: OMG! I saw Jesus in my toast!

Years upon years ago, in the way way back, I worked at the Renaissance Festival in Larkspur. Well you can imagine the types of people that are attracted to that environment. After the cannon blew off at the end of the day, it turned into summer camp for adults. More fun was always had after the sun went down.

Anyways, reason I bring this up was that one night we were sitting around our camp site and there was a major thundercloud growing to the north of Larkspur. One of the girls there was really convinced that by doing her little wiccan dance, she made the thunderstorm go away. I never had the heart to tell her about the Palmer Divide. Maybe it was the rum talking, but we were all thoroughly entertained by her chanting and dancing... or maybe it was because she was hot...

Oh well, people will see what they want to see. If someone wants to correlate a smoke ring with a halo or Timmay's 316 passing yards w/ J3:16, more power to them.

bulldog
Tue Jan 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
FYI: I just posted the "Halo Ring" story because it related to the thread; I am not a TBOW maniac.

Gramps
Tue Jan 10th, 2012, 02:36 PM

You almost made me spit out my drink you crazy fool. Jesus in my toast.

That's awesome.

:spit:

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Pittsburgh's mayor Luke Ravenstahl knelt down in defeat on Tuesday, donning a Denver Broncos No. 15 jersey and "Tebowing" in front of the Steel City's skyline to pay off a bet he made with the mayor of Denver Michael Hancock over the Steelers-Broncos playoff game.

http://www.ks1075.com/Pics/1%20Morning%20Show%20Pics/JANUARY2012/pittmayor.jpg

Mother Goose
Wed Jan 11th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Their photographer sucks. :lol:

longrider
Wed Jan 11th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I wonder what Mayor Hancock would have had to do had Pittsburgh won?

longrider
Wed Jan 11th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I already heard the Broncos - Patriots bet is Steak or Lobster

salsashark
Wed Jan 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Their photographer sucks. :lol:

I'm sure they put a lot of effort into it...

Wreck a motorcycle, smash up a hotel room and sexually assault one of the staff members.

birchyboy
Wed Jan 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I'm sure they put a lot of effort into it...

Wreck a motorcycle, smash up a hotel room and sexually assault one of the staff members.

If you had said have sex with a prostitute, I'd have said he foresaw the outcome months ago and took care of the bet.

bluedogok
Wed Jan 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM
He said on 102.3 last night that he would have had to wear a Steelers jersey to his "next public event" which was the Nuggets game on Monday night.

longrider
Fri Jan 13th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Now we have songs being written about Tebow - Jimmy Fallon doing TeBowie (http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/tebowie-11212/1378838) :)

bulldog
Fri Jan 13th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I like how they are trying to set up Tebow with Katie Perry! From Russel to Tebow...she may hurt the guy!

FZRguy
Fri Jan 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I thought Lindsey Vonn had the hots for Tebow.