PDA

View Full Version : Is an ipad2 worth the money?

rfranks303
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 06:11 PM
I'm thinking of getting one for the wife. I see a lot of cheaper tablets but have not really looked at them.

birchyboy
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 06:13 PM
If you have to ask, probably not. It's great if you want to browse the web/email sans laptop, but I don't think my wife's is nearly as usable as her laptop, but that's me. They are hella expensive (as are most tablets) for what they do.

rfranks303
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 06:24 PM
If you have to ask, probably not. It's great if you want to browse the web/email sans laptop, but I don't think my wife's is nearly as usable as her laptop, but that's me. They are hella expensive (as are most tablets) for what they do.

We both have lap tops but my sister got a nook? For around $300. Email, browsing, books, and keeping entertained at work is what this would be used for.

Clovis
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 06:29 PM
I bought an iPad 2 and ended up returning it after a week.

It's cool for what it does (its basically a giant version of the iphone). It's also very expensive for what it does. The lack of a SD drive sucks.

I used it for web browsing and movie watching on a plane. If I kept it longer (or bought a similar touch pad) I would take it on longer motorcycle trips. It's great for the maping (which the iphone also has but its a real pain in the pass to reroute on mapquest).

My opinion is no, get a HP touch pad on the cheap if you can still find one (craigslist?)

GregsGSXR
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 06:32 PM
Yes! I use my iPad all the time.

grim
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM
iPads are awesome dude I use mine all the time

isaiahchavez
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 07:39 PM
I love my iPad 2 but they are cheaper Android tablets you can get. If you want something to customize go with Android. If u want a solid performing tablet iPad.

mdub
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
my wife has one and it keeps her outta my bzness. so the answer is YES

TurboGizzmo
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 08:28 PM
The iPad has paid for itself the world over using it as a business tool but I bought mine used and broken....but my HP Tablet is a close 2nd with what it can do (modded with Android) You have to find a happy place between iPad and cheap-o android tablet because strong hardware running Android can be just as enjoyable at less price than iPad.....saying that my gf loves her iPad.

Clovis
Mon Nov 21st, 2011, 09:16 PM
It may be worthwhile to wait for the Ipad 3 which presumably comes out around February.

Sean
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 07:20 AM
All Apple products are more expensive. I you like using Apple, the cost is justified. If you've never used Apple, or it's not your preference of platforms, then it can be too expensive. I've had my Macbook for 5 years and have never had an issue with it, to me that's worth a couple of extra bucks up front. Angela has an ipad and really likes it. For her, the biggest thing was getting a case that will prop it up. Like this Link (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=ipad+2+case&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHKW_enUS433US433&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1169&bih=768&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9313220944609736127&sa=X&ei=pK_LTufiFYWSgQfN-8y6DQ&ved=0CJMBEPICMAA)

isaiahchavez
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 07:28 AM
I got that same case and love it.

All Apple products are more expensive. I you like using Apple, the cost is justified. If you've never used Apple, or it's not your preference of platforms, then it can be too expensive. I've had my Macbook for 5 years and have never had an issue with it, to me that's worth a couple of extra bucks up front. Angela has an ipad and really likes it. For her, the biggest thing was getting a case that will prop it up. Like this Link (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=ipad+2+case&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHKW_enUS433US433&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1169&bih=768&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9313220944609736127&sa=X&ei=pK_LTufiFYWSgQfN-8y6DQ&ved=0CJMBEPICMAA)

oh10raven
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 07:37 AM
I haven't opened my MacBook since receiving an iPad2 as a b-day gift on October. I can't say enough good things about the device. It has completely replaced the need to carry a laptop for work or pleasure. The same could be said about an Android tablet, but with an iPad you're buying standardization and solid hardware. If you don't want to tinker, adjust, customize heavily and just want the thing to work; my vote is towards the iPad. I do like to do all those things, but I just love that the iPad is stable and easy to use. I'd like in the future to jailbreak it and play around, but I'm fine right now with the thing just working. Also, I second the case, but I went with the magnetic one they sell in the store, it's great.

Canuck
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 07:57 AM
It may be worthwhile to wait for the Ipad 3 which presumably comes out around February.

^This.

Renta display and faster processor.
Also, I say March is a more appropriate timeline for an updated release.

oh10raven
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 08:02 AM
Agreed, the display on my gf's iPhone4 is so clear and crisp. Would love to have that on an iPad. Guess she'll be the lucky recipient of an iPad2 when the 3 comes out, if it has a retina display.

bulldog
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
I have the HP Touchpad and I use it everyday; mainly for quick internet searches, games, and portable music player (using it's speakers). I think it is much nicer to sit on the couch and have this on your lap while watching tv than a laptop while surfing. I would say if it broke I would have to get another one.

Never tried the Ipad though, but i would think unless you are really into Apple that you could save some cash with one of the competitors pads especially since they can run Android.

rforsythe
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 09:29 AM
My iPad2 hasn't totally replaced my Macbook Pro, but it does a lot. As a business tool it's awesome, it integrates well with my laptop, does things the android does not (like run my flight planning/nav apps), is great for travel, Cameron has his own page of apps, etc etc. It was expensive but worth what I get from it in my opinion, and I would not have been happy with a less capable but cheaper alternative that I would use half as much at best. I like Apple products, but from a purely objective standpoint it was just a better device for me.

For what the OP needs (email, web, books, entertainment), consider something like a Kindle Fire as well. With that and an Amazon Prime subscription you get unlimited streaming from their media vault, though I don't know if you can save things like movies to flash for travel purposes. But for less than $300 you have the device and a year of all-you-can-eat media buffet.

TFOGGuys
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
I have a Nook Color, and I'm probably going to add one of these (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053T83Y8/ref=sc_pgp__m_A2MQXQQFSEPIZC_1?ie=UTF8&m=A2MQXQQFSEPIZC&n=&s=&v=glance) to increase functionality and gain access to the Android Market. Basically does everything a Nook Tablet or Kindle Fire can do, except a little slower due to the older hardware.

rforsythe
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Basically does everything a Nook Tablet or Kindle Fire can do

Because of how Amazon has integrated their services into the Fire, I guarantee that is not going to magically make a Nook into one. But turning it into an Android is at least a step in the right direction. :)

Nick_Ninja
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:06 AM

Our organization has 80+ iPad2's. We use them for video viewing mostly. The 'company' bought me the top-o-the-line iPad2. If you need Flash then iPad's suck a$$, if not you're OK. If you travel they are the tits! They are useless if not attached to a network (in our case they are Verizon devices). We are fortunate that we have a relationship with OtterBox (www.otterbox.com (http://www.otterbox.com)) Their protective cases are the bomb :up::

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-otterbox_us-Site/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1321956263948/images/large/apl2-ipad2-d9-4.jpg

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-otterbox_us-Site/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1321956263948/images/large/apl2-ipad2-d9-5.jpg

TFOGGuys
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Because of how Amazon has integrated their services into the Fire, I guarantee that is not going to magically make a Nook into one. But turning it into an Android is at least a step in the right direction. :)

Not to get too far off topic, but the Nook Tablet is a better deal than the Fire for the money IMO: Same processor, double the memory, longer battery life, SDslot, all for 50 bucks more.

Not an Ipad2, but not a bad choice...

rforsythe
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Not to get too far off topic, but the Nook Tablet is a better deal than the Fire for the money IMO: Same processor, double the memory, longer battery life, SDslot, all for 50 bucks more.

Not an Ipad2, but not a bad choice...

Perhaps, but the Fire is designed to more or less run Amazon's EC2 cloud for all your browsing pleasures, so it has less memory but entire datacenters of servers doing your bidding. That's the main difference, and is something the Nook will never do because they don't have the computing infrastructure.

sloridr
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:47 AM
I just bought my Grandparents, who are 76 and 87 yrs young, an iPad2 Grandma loves it!!! Grandpa found YouTube on it and is totally hooked.

Did they need an iPad2? No, but Grandma wanted one. And thats all the reason I need to get them one.

TFOGGuys
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Perhaps, but the Fire is designed to more or less run Amazon's EC2 cloud for all your browsing pleasures, so it has less memory but entire datacenters of servers doing your bidding. That's the main difference, and is something the Nook will never do because they don't have the computing infrastructure.

Since my evil plot for taking over the world doesn't require a supercomputer, I'm ok with that...:lol:

rforsythe
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:11 AM
Since my evil plot for taking over the world doesn't require a supercomputer, I'm ok with that...:lol:

Mine does. :twisted:

bulldog
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
I still have not seen anyone really answer if the IPad is really worth paying the extra money over competitors tablets that are much cheaper. Other than being Apple, is it really that much better? Why?

birchyboy
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:32 AM
I still have not seen anyone really answer if the IPad is really worth paying the extra money over competitors tablets that are much cheaper. Other than being Apple, is it really that much better? Why?

Something being "worth" more is completely subjective. I bought my wife an iPad because it syncs with her Mac, is dead easy to use, and is easy to find good accessories for. For me, the convenience was worth the $100 or so premium over Android tables when I bought it. Others might not see it this way though.

salsashark
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
I bought a refurbed ipad from apple a while back. I used it, took it on a couple of trips, it was ok... But when I got home, it sat in a drawer until I sold it.

I scored one of the touchpad closeout deals... hated it from the get go, gave it to my dad. He loves it. In fact, we used it on Saturday to pull up some wiring stuff on my Duc.

Recently acquired a xoom. It's been on one trip. I like the android platform. Still don't use it anymore then my lap top.

As for whether or not the iPad (or any Apple product) is worth extra money... It's completely up to the consumer. Some will say absolutely, some will adamantly deny it. Sorry to say, but it's a personal choice.

I will say one thing though. When my iPad bricked on my a week before leaving on one of my bike trips. Having the "genius" (:lol:) apple people replace it for me on the spot was very nice. Maybe that right there was worth a few extra bucks

drago52
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:50 AM
I have a touchpad. It's nice for traveling, internet browsing, and pretty much anything that doesn't require a keyboard. It's not a laptop replacement and the ipad2 isn't either. Keep that in mind. I end up using mine while watching the tv or before going to bed, but if I'm going to sit down and actually do any work or be productive with my time, I'll use my desktop or laptop.

Clovis
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Yeah, the iPad is basically a toy. I suppose you could get a bluetooth keyboard though.

The iPad is great for web browsing and movies. My wife liked reading her books on the eReader as well. It was stupidly easy to use and works just like my iphone so we were already familiar with it.

If the other tablets are comparable and just as easy to use then then I don't think it's worth paying $100 for the name.

rforsythe
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah, the iPad is basically a toy.

I can run eBay from one. It's a little more powerful than a toy, if you leverage it as such. :)

birchyboy
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
I can run eBay from one. It's a little more powerful than a toy, if you leverage it as such. :)

Sometimes it feels like CSC runs on an iPad it is so slow.

j/k!

grim
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 12:38 PM
You get what you pay for IMO its worth paying the money, It is faster than the tablet, it cannot be hacked or get viruses, My friend has already gone through two tablets that got viruses.

I say Ipad its more than a toy if you know how to use it and what its capable of.

JonnyD
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 01:16 PM
I would absolutely say yes. Best $500 my sister and I spent for Mom. I would say so because everything on an iPad is closely controlled by one company. Sure you can get an android tablet (or any other one) for cheaper than an iPad 2. As an OS goes, I barely ever had to mess with my iPhone 3GS. It just worked. Cleanly every time. Now with an android phone, I get the <wait><force close> etc application errors. As far as the OS I would say the iPhone OS is much more "refined" than Android. Go to the mall and play with both tablets and see if you agree, or not.

Really it depends on what all you want to use it for. No tablet is going to replace your full featured laptop, but I would take a laptop over a netbook anyday. If I have to have a small keyboard, may as well have a touchscreen and slimmer than a netbook.

bulldog
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 01:45 PM
I would absolutely say yes. Best $500 my sister and I spent for Mom. I would say so because everything on an iPad is closely controlled by one company. Sure you can get an android tablet (or any other one) for cheaper than an iPad 2. As an OS goes, I barely ever had to mess with my iPhone 3GS. It just worked. Cleanly every time. Now with an android phone, I get the <wait><force close> etc application errors. As far as the OS I would say the iPhone OS is much more "refined" than Android. Go to the mall and play with both tablets and see if you agree, or not.

Really it depends on what all you want to use it for. No tablet is going to replace your full featured laptop, but I would take a laptop over a netbook anyday. If I have to have a small keyboard, may as well have a touchscreen and slimmer than a netbook. Well I don't agree :D My $150 HP Tablet has always been simple and easy to use! Never one issue and probably spent 50+ hours on it from watching movies on planes, to reading with it, to playing Angry Birds! Hmmm..what to do with this extra $350; stippers, bike parts, beer :lol:

rfranks303
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Got the ipad with the pink case. 3 reasons;
1. That's the one she had her heart set on.
B. I bought a lot of other mp3 players before I fell in love with my ipod
3. When choosing sides in the battle for world domination i always back the guy with an amberlamps hookup
Bulldog if their wasn't money for strippers and bike parts we would not be having this conversation

modette99
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
8 Things That Suck About the iPad
http://gizmodo.com/5458382/8-things-that-suck-about-the-ipad

A lot of people at Gizmodo are psyched about the iPad. Not me! My god, am I underwhelmed by it. It has some absolutely backbreaking failures that will make buying one the last thing I would want to do. Updated

Big, Ugly Bezel
Have you seen the bezel on this thing?! It's huge! I know you don't want to accidentally input a command when your thumb is holding it, but come on.

No Multitasking
This is a backbreaker. If this is supposed to be a replacement for netbooks, how can it possibly not have multitasking? Are you saying I can't listen to Pandora while writing a document? I can't have my Twitter app open at the same time as my browser? I can't have AIM open at the same time as my email? Are you kidding me? This alone guarantees that I will not buy this product.

No Cameras
No front facing camera is one thing. But no back facing camera either? Why the hell not? I can't imagine what the downside was for including at least one camera. Could this thing not handle video iChat?

Touch Keyboard
So much for Apple revolutionizing tablet inputs; this is the same big, ugly touchscreen keyboard we've seen on other tablets, and unless you're lying on the couch with your knees propping it up, it'll be awkward to use.

No HDMI Out
Want to watch those nice HD videos you downloaded from iTunes on your TV? Too damned bad! If you were truly loyal, you'd just buy an AppleTV already.

The Name iPad
Get ready for Maxi pad jokes, and lots of 'em!

No Flash
No Flash is annoying but not a dealbreaker on the iPhone and iPod Touch. On something that's supposed to be closer to a netbook or laptop? It will leave huge, gaping holes in websites. I hope you don't care about streaming video! God knows not many casual internet users do. Oh wait, nevermind, they all do.

Adapters, Adapters, Adapters
So much for those smooth lines. If you want to plug anything into this, such as a digital camera, you need all sorts of ugly adapters. You need an adapter for USB for god's sake.

Update: Why stop at 8? Here are more things we are discovering that suck about the iPad.

It's Not Widescreen
Widescreen movies look lousy on this thing thanks to its 4:3 screen, according to Blam, who checked out some of Star Trek on one. It's like owning a 4:3 TV all over again!

Doesn't Support T-Mobile 3G
Sure, it's "unlocked." But it won't work on T-Mobile, and it uses microSIMs that literally no one else uses.

A Closed App Ecosystem
The iPad only runs apps from the App Store. The same App Store that is notorious for banning apps for no real reason, such as Google Voice. Sure, netbooks might not have touchscreens, but you can install whatever software you'd like on them. Want to run a different browser on your iPad? Too bad!

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:27 PM

BY ADAM FRUCCI 01/27/10 04:10 PM

Tsk tsk... such spin.

mdub
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Love the Apple Products. The New Umbrella Corporation.

Ricky
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 11:36 AM

A lot of people at Gizmodo are psyched about the iPad. Not me! My god, am I underwhelmed by it. It has some absolutely backbreaking failures that will make buying one the last thing I would want to do. Updated

Big, Ugly Bezel
Have you seen the bezel on this thing?! It's huge! I know you don't want to accidentally input a command when your thumb is holding it, but come on.

No Multitasking
This is a backbreaker. If this is supposed to be a replacement for netbooks, how can it possibly not have multitasking? Are you saying I can't listen to Pandora while writing a document? I can't have my Twitter app open at the same time as my browser? I can't have AIM open at the same time as my email? Are you kidding me? This alone guarantees that I will not buy this product.

No Cameras
No front facing camera is one thing. But no back facing camera either? Why the hell not? I can't imagine what the downside was for including at least one camera. Could this thing not handle video iChat?

Touch Keyboard
So much for Apple revolutionizing tablet inputs; this is the same big, ugly touchscreen keyboard we've seen on other tablets, and unless you're lying on the couch with your knees propping it up, it'll be awkward to use.

No HDMI Out
Want to watch those nice HD videos you downloaded from iTunes on your TV? Too damned bad! If you were truly loyal, you'd just buy an AppleTV already.

The Name iPad
Get ready for Maxi pad jokes, and lots of 'em!

No Flash
No Flash is annoying but not a dealbreaker on the iPhone and iPod Touch. On something that's supposed to be closer to a netbook or laptop? It will leave huge, gaping holes in websites. I hope you don't care about streaming video! God knows not many casual internet users do. Oh wait, nevermind, they all do.

Adapters, Adapters, Adapters
So much for those smooth lines. If you want to plug anything into this, such as a digital camera, you need all sorts of ugly adapters. You need an adapter for USB for god's sake.

Update: Why stop at 8? Here are more things we are discovering that suck about the iPad.

It's Not Widescreen
Widescreen movies look lousy on this thing thanks to its 4:3 screen, according to Blam, who checked out some of Star Trek on one. It's like owning a 4:3 TV all over again!

Doesn't Support T-Mobile 3G
Sure, it's "unlocked." But it won't work on T-Mobile, and it uses microSIMs that literally no one else uses.

A Closed App Ecosystem
The iPad only runs apps from the App Store. The same App Store that is notorious for banning apps for no real reason, such as Google Voice. Sure, netbooks might not have touchscreens, but you can install whatever software you'd like on them. Want to run a different browser on your iPad? Too bad!

You seriously brought an article from 18 months ago, into an iPad 2 discussion? Another sad, sorry, "I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about", post from you. The article was written before the iPad was even released to the public!

-iPads have multitasking, and have since iOS 4 was released for it over a year ago.
-iPad 2 has cameras
-The point of a tablet is an on screen keyboard, which has received more improvements in iOS 5
-The iPad now has an adapter available for HDMI out. (But since Apple isn't stupid, they don't give a fuck about HDMI... you use air play to wirelessly stream HD content to your TV, wires free... who gives a fuck about HDMI out when you have that?)
-Flash is such a piece of trash, even Adobe has decided to back out of making it work on ALL mobile devices. The Flash argument is what android fan boys use to deter people from Apple products.
-Actually, you CAN use it on tmobile if you jailbreak it and pop a tmobile SIM card in it), and many smartphones now use micro SIM cards. The difference is that only people in the United States think that the rest of the entire fucking world doesn't use the microSIM, even though the rest of the fucking world uses GSM and not that CDMA trash that Sprint and Verizon have.
-Closed app ecosystems prevent the vast majority of malicious software (again, it's no longer closed if you jailbreak it)

I'm thinking of getting one for the wife. I see a lot of cheaper tablets but have not really looked at them.

It depends on what you use it for. I have successfully retired my work laptop for traveling, in favor of the iPad (Not the iPad 2). I can easily remote into my work machine, and use an external keyboard to get done what I need to get done. Is the laptop better? Sure it is... it's got higher resolution, and a keyboard. The iPad is smaller, lighter, and simple.

There are a few android devices out there that are sick!! The Asus Transformer, and the new Kindle Fire is a pretty sweet little device too. Lots of choices and capabilities. I chose to not upgrade to the iPad 2 because I didn't see the value in the upgrade. I'll see what the next one holds.

Both are great platforms, and I'm tempted to buy a Kindle Fire just to play with, but the iPad has more apps, and android is generally out-of-the-box more capable aside from apps.

LivingPools
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
As for whether or not the iPad (or any Apple product) is worth extra money... It's completely up to the consumer. Some will say absolutely, some will adamantly deny it. Sorry to say, but it's a personal choice.

Very insightful comment.

For me, iPad 2 was worth it, mostly because its polished and "just works". After 20+ years of tinkering with hardware and software, this is something I really appreciate after a day at work. Also plays nicely with the rest of the Apple hardware I have in the house.

Whichever tablet you wind up getting, make sure they have a reasonable return period and avoid the super cheap models: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/reviews/2010/11/worst-gadget-ever-ars-reviews-a-99-android-tablet.ars

salsashark
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
^^ Occam's razor mang... What do you want?

TurboGizzmo
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
You seriously brought an article from 18 months ago, into an iPad 2 discussion? Another sad, sorry, "I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about", post from you. The article was written before the iPad was even released to the public!

Glad some else noticed this, I thought my iPad was special somehow after reading what it shouldnt be able to do.......

modette99
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 06:41 PM
I'm not a fan of Apple at all, I thanked God Steve Jobs died...worlds a better place with him. I just don't like the name 'Apple' or 'Mac'.

I never said I knew what I was talking about...point being I never would own one.

mdub
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
To each their own...i love the aesthetics and functionality of the products

rforsythe
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011, 06:46 PM
I never said I knew what I was talking about...

Just quoting that so it's saved for posterity. :D

green_zx7r
Thu Nov 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I have a Nook Color, and I'm probably going to add one of these (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053T83Y8/ref=sc_pgp__m_A2MQXQQFSEPIZC_1?ie=UTF8&m=A2MQXQQFSEPIZC&n=&s=&v=glance) to increase functionality and gain access to the Android Market. Basically does everything a Nook Tablet or Kindle Fire can do, except a little slower due to the older hardware.

Jim, just root the damn thing and flash Phiremod 7.2 on it. You can make the NC an OCed full blown android tablet with 2.3.5 on it. Makes the NC a very responsive / snappy little 7in tablet. Love my NC as much as my Xoom, and I haven't even rooted/OCed the Xoom yet. Oh the possibilities! :)
Very much enjoy reading ebooks on my B&N Nook Color using the Amazon Kindle app! :rock:

derekm
Fri Nov 25th, 2011, 06:24 PM
NO FLASH NO PORN!

Matt
Sat Nov 26th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Over the last year, we've switched over to Macs. First an iMac, then a MacBook pro, then an iPad2. My wife really wanted an iPad. We mostly use it on the road. She also uses it as a book reader.

Add a keyboard and it's really like a small laptop.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/1200/8213

Is it worth the money? It depends who you ask. I think it is.