PDA

View Full Version : RIP-my shoei

duelist13
Fri Nov 25th, 2011, 03:43 AM
You were my faithful companion in all of my motorcycling adventures.
You were always your cheerful limey green self even in the grayest of times.
You were patient with my infidelity when I went through that black helmet phase--forgive me, I was young and ignorant then.

And in the end, you gave your life to save mine. :violin:

Goodbye my little watermelon! May you float forever in the autumn breeze, nestled on a divine coif shampooed with rose essence and perfumed with the scent of victory!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-r282jWPGgPg/Ts9sL8_Ab7I/AAAAAAAABHk/BRQVY1a84jY/s800/helmet%252520damage.JPG

Bueller
Fri Nov 25th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Did you end up with a headache? Where is the video or did you not have the gopro mounted for that one?

sloridr
Fri Nov 25th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Sad sad day. Now it just gives you reason to.buy a new one! Glad you're of.

duelist13
Fri Nov 25th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Did you end up with a headache? Where is the video or did you not have the gopro mounted for that one?
Didn't have the GP mounted, but the mount was mounted above the upper triple, and it was cocked by the crash :think:. Definitely had a headache for a few hours, but not nearly as bad as last time... almost finished a year without going down! This time my shin was competing with my head, while last time my shoulder (or what used to be my shoulder) was the clear winner.

Sad sad day. Now it just gives you reason to.buy a new one! Glad you're of.
Hell yeah, I'm the re-marrying type anyway! On my way out the door to score a minty head-cond-- uh, helmet. :alien: (hope that joke was PC, if not, I sincerely apologize in advance to any offended parties).

mdub
Fri Nov 25th, 2011, 10:12 AM
better spend hundreds of dollars on a helmet than your life.

Vellos
Sat Nov 26th, 2011, 07:51 PM
At least you can get a new one now, been telling ya to since your first rumble last season. Did this happen on the 250?

duelist13
Sun Nov 27th, 2011, 10:45 AM
At least you can get a new one now, been telling ya to since your first rumble last season. Did this happen on the 250?

Yeah I thought you'd be glad to see the old one go :D (secretly, I am too... safety and all that). Yup, happened on the 250--got snicked from the side by a heavier 250 and went down faster than I could yell "you win!". You'll have to check out the new helmet.