PDA

View Full Version : Supercross live

longrider
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Record TV deal for Supercross in 2012! 11 races will be shown LIVE on Speed, with the remaining 6 races being broadcast the next day on CBS.

The full story: http://motorsportsnewswire.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/record-television-package-announced-for-monster-energy-supercross-1122117/

My only hope for the CBS races is that they realize most viewers want to see racing, not highlights of the heats with the remaining time filled with fluff

DW
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I'll 2nd that!

FZRguy
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Sweet! BTW, just read that Trey Canard broke his clavicle testing and had surgery. He's out for at least four weeks. Bummer on the heels of his femur problems.

FZRguy
Sat Jan 7th, 2012, 11:22 AM
It's here! A1 is live tonight on Speed at 8 PM.

FZRguy
Tue Jan 24th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Three races, three diff winners and Stewart is 19 points down. Canard gets hurt again (Ryan Morais was also hurt in the same crash), and CBS' coverage is lame.

Team Honda Muscle Milk rider Trey Canard was involved in a crash on the opening lap of last night’s Supercross event at Dodger Stadium. Canard injured his back in the incident, and an MRI this morning showed fractures the doctors are evaluating. Canard has 100-percent feeling in his legs, and is currently (Sunday) awaiting the decision by his doctors as to whether or not his injury requires surgery.

Star Valli Yamaha rider Ryan Morais was involved in a crash during the first lap of the main event at the Los Angeles round of the AMA/FIM Supercross Championship series Saturday night. The Rockstar Energy rider was transported to a local hospital and is being treated for a broken jaw, several fractured vertebrae and some broken ribs. There is no sign of spinal cord damage at this time and Morais is continuing to be evaluated.

longrider
Tue Jan 24th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I hate to say it but I have given up on Stewart. He is fast but just can't keep it on two wheels. We will see if little brother develops into anything but it is not looking like it.

Canard needs to get off the injury train he seems to be stuck on! Maybe drink cows milk instead of Muscle Milk to build up some bone strength???

I agree on the CBS coverage, however I do understand that they are trying to appeal to the mass market, not the hardcore race fan market

FZRguy
Tue Jan 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Stewart may be down now but I expect him to be a contender before it's all over.

longrider
Mon Feb 6th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Interesting change in CBS coverage, I was happy to see all of both heats. I wonder if it was because of how good the racing was or if they are starting to realize what people want to see?

What did I say about Stewart keeping it on two wheels??? :) :)

FZRguy
Mon Feb 6th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Yes, CBS coverage did improve the last two weeks. Live Speed is back Feb 11.

JohnEffinK
Tue Feb 7th, 2012, 08:09 AM
CBS coverage has improved but still mostly sux.

Great news that Speed is live on saturday night this week!

Tomac has been great on Lites but lucked out last week. Did not see him taking first/closing the gap - leader wreck saved him for sure.

Also great to see Chad Reed doing his own thing and being at the top! And cool to see KTM in the mix finally but Dungey has been faltering. When I was in Cali last week we went to all the factory tracks. Dungey was working hard with the mechanics to get things dialed back in.

John

FZRguy
Sun Feb 19th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Huge bummer for Reed. Looks like he blew out his knee. The series will be less interesting without him.

longrider
Sun Feb 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Are you just going by the video? Anything I can find online is inconclusive and Reed will be seeing his doctor in the morning. Hopefully ti will be like one time I crashed and thought I screwed up my ankle. Planned on seeing my doctor in the morning but when I got up I felt great.

If Reed is out it is still a good two man battle, I dont see Stewart catching up unless both Villopoto and Dungey screw up.

I will say the Lites east belong to Barcia unless he hurts himself, I remember his first year I had a gut feeling he was going to develop into a great rider.

mastap07
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 07:03 AM
sucks i missed the race but damn that wasnt a very soft landing either...
http://youtu.be/m-LZlR9A9RU

FZRguy
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM
From Rider X: After a big crash in Dallas, while running in second, Bel-Ray TwoTwo Motorsports Chad Reed just confirmed that he has two broken ribs, broken spinous T6, torn ACL and a fractured tib/fib.

Worse than I expected.

Matrix
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Sucks to hear. He was riding really well. Hope this doesn't lead to his retirement, even though, I expect that it will.

FZRguy
Tue Feb 21st, 2012, 08:40 PM
Sounds like he wants to come back and race.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/horror-crash-puts-chad-reed-out-for-a-year-20120221-1tktp.html

Bashed
Tue Feb 21st, 2012, 08:58 PM
Sounds like he wants to come back and race.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/horror-crash-puts-chad-reed-out-for-a-year-20120221-1tktp.html

Want and can are two vastly different realms.
I really admire CR determination and fortitude the last couple seasons.
Just the fact he is still riding competively at this stage in his career says alot. Hope he heals well and quickly, but I'm afraid this season is a wash for him.

FZRguy
Tue Feb 21st, 2012, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I doubt he'll make the outdoor series, and may very well retire to team owner.

longrider
Tue Feb 21st, 2012, 09:35 PM
While I admire his determination I have to think he is done racing and will just run his team. I did notice the comment that he will reevaluate the return date after the surgery

One thing that shocked me in that Sydney article is that he is paid more than Casey Stoner! While I was quite aware they were paid very well I had always assumed off road riders got less than the on road riders

FZRguy
Tue Feb 21st, 2012, 09:50 PM
That is kinda surprising. Assuming he's invested his money wisely, he can do whatever he wants. Reed gets my vote for Rock Hard, Ride Hard Award!

longrider
Sun Feb 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Very interesting telephone interview with Reed last night! In summary, while he is not going to let his career end on this note coming back this year is very doubtful. TwoTwo Motorsports is out of Supercross this year, they will probably hire a rider for outdoors and next year will be Reeds final year of racing. After that he will just run the team.

FZRguy
Sun Feb 26th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I hear Jason Lawrence is available. :roll:

mastap07
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 06:57 AM
very disappointing to hear. its been a great year to watch supercross and the battles have been awesome!

salsashark
Mon Mar 12th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Anybody catch MudFest 2012 from Saturday? Wasn't as bad as 2008, but it was fun to watch...

longrider
Mon Mar 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I saw all but the 450 main due to time running out :( Of course this is the one event that is not being rebroadcast on Fuel TV.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Mar 12th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Paul I will make a copy of the 450 main for you

longrider
Mon Mar 12th, 2012, 10:55 AM
thank you Jim, they had been so good at ending on time I had removed the normal live event 30 min pad

Matrix
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Just got around to watching the Daytona mud race from two weeks ago. Crazy!!! :shock: Amazing that those guys could ride in those kind of conditions. :bow:

FZRguy
Tue Mar 20th, 2012, 12:24 AM
The series sorta turned into last man standing.

longrider
Tue Mar 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM
The series sorta turned into last man standing.

Unfortunately I have to agree. It started out good but now it is all but over. I have not done the math but I think Villopoto could DNF one race and do no better than second in any of the others and still have the championship. Unless Villopoto suffers a season-ending injury Stewart is the only person with any shot at all of moving up and he cant keep it on two wheels long enough to do that

FZRguy
Wed Mar 21st, 2012, 04:04 AM
Maybe all will be healthy for outdoors and we will see some head to head battles. BTW, Thunder Valley Natl is on June 2.

Matrix
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Title is all wrapped up with five to go. What a difference a year makes. Last year was amazing and this year...well, it was a run away! Congrat to RV on another championship.

FZRguy
Sun Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:48 PM
Good thing RV wrapped it up early. Sounds like his injury is not too bad.

Congrats to Andrew Short on his first SX win!