PDA

View Full Version : HTC Rezound

Keyser Soze
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 08:19 AM
So I lost my Samsung Charge and I'm lookin at getting the Rezound. Looks like it comes with Beats ear buds and Gingerbread. Anyone have one?

laspariahs
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 08:47 AM
So I lost my Samsung Charge and I'm lookin at getting the Rezound. Looks like it comes with Beats ear buds and Gingerbread. Anyone have one?

Droid RAZR is the phone to get on verizon.

Keyser Soze
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I like the HTC sense gui. I'm not sure if the RAZR uses blur or not, but I haven't been a fan of motorola since I had my X. That thing would randomly crash daily. As far as specs the RAZR looks almost identical to the Rezound aside from the 1.5 dual core in the HTC and 1.2 in the RAZR.

What makes it so much better?

laspariahs
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I like the HTC sense gui. I'm not sure if the RAZR uses blur or not, but I haven't been a fan of motorola since I had my X. That thing would randomly crash daily. As far as specs the RAZR looks almost identical to the Rezound aside from the 1.5 dual core in the HTC and 1.2 in the RAZR.

What makes it so much better?

The battery life doesn't suck like the HTC, and it's amazingly thin.

Mother Goose
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 09:17 AM
.....and it's amazingly thin.
Just like Keyser's wiener.

Jmetz
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM
If you're on Verizon I'd get the Nexus when it drops on the 8th.

Keyser Soze
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 09:29 AM
The battery life doesn't suck like the HTC, and it's amazingly thin.

Seeing as the display is what drains the battery the most and they are the same size, I find that one a little hard to believe. The HTC does have a true HD display tho..so that might be it. That super amoled screen on the razor isn't exatcly a power sipper tho.

laspariahs
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Seeing as the display is what drains the battery the most and they are the same size, I find that one a little hard to believe. The HTC does have a true HD display tho..so that might be it. That super amoled screen on the razor isn't exatcly a power sipper tho.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/15/htc-rezound-review/

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/07/motorola-droid-razr-review/

Read for yourself.

Keyser Soze
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 10:06 AM
:lol: Says they both suck when it comes to battery life. It's kind of expected when it comes to these type of phones IMO. Only plus side I can see to to RAZR is the thickness...which in all honestly isn't a big deal...unless you ask chadwick :lol:

green_zx7r
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 12:04 PM
If you're on Verizon I'd get the Nexus when it drops on the 8th.

:imwithstupid:

I would NOT get the Rezound or Razor... If possible, wait another week for the Galaxy Nexus. Use an old ass phone until then (won't cost you anything to swap your service back and forth to an old phone, then to the Nexus next week)...

Not only do you get a vanilla android phone with no skin, but it has Ice Cream Sammich on it. Can't wait until this baby is out...

Keyser Soze
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I'm usin my old Droid X for now. Not in a major rush. I had the Charge and it really left a bad taste in my mouth as far as Samsung phones. Looks like the camera is also getting a lot of criticism along with no expandable memory, just 16g on board. Rezound is going to get Ice Cream Sandwhich in the new year, not sure about the RAZR.

laspariahs
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 02:12 PM
:lol: Says they both suck when it comes to battery life. It's kind of expected when it comes to these type of phones IMO. Only plus side I can see to to RAZR is the thickness...which in all honestly isn't a big deal...unless you ask chadwick :lol:

it gave us a battery performance worse than the Droid RAZR, which means you'll definitely need to charge it each night before going to bed.

Hummmm.....

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/19/motorola-razr-to-get-updated-to-ice-cream-sandwich-in-early-2012/

green_zx7r
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Gotcha. I would stick with the X for a bit then to see what else comes out. The new HTC LTE phone looks damn nice (the very slim one).

I just don't like any of the skins by HTC, Motorola, or Samsung... Loved my D1 vanilla OS and still do (my wife's phone now). Missed out on the Nexus 1 and S, but now that we will have one on Verizon, I'll happily grab that phone.

I'm sure the current top of the line phones/tablets will all 'eventually' get ICS. The keyword here is 'eventually'... You can bet that they will have the custom skins on top of ICS, which will further degrade and delay the release.

I never really use up the expansion memory card, so the lack of it does not bother me. What does bother me though is when you can't carry an extra battery around on long travels, considering the LTE phones all have crappy battery life compared to 3G phones. Hence, I will stay away from the Razr...

Keyser Soze
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 04:29 PM
This phone rocks. The iBeats sound pretty good, not worth the money if you had to buy them outright tho. The screen on this thing is ridiculously clear. Last phone had the Super Amoled screen and it doesn't even compare. The new sense is nice and smooth. The Verizon 4g in this area is killer too. 20 down. So far I'm very pleased with my decision.

mistykz
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Holding out til next week to switch to verizon and pick up the Nexus...I'm on my third dead Galaxy S on T-mobile and the only thing they're willing to do is replace it with a cheaper phone. Can't wait!

laspariahs
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Holding out til next week to switch to verizon and pick up the Nexus...I'm on my third dead Galaxy S on T-mobile and the only thing they're willing to do is replace it with a cheaper phone. Can't wait!

You know the nexus is a samsung phone too right?

Mizzybeff
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I really like the htc rezound. I haven't seen any issues or returns on it yet. So I'm hopeful. And the Ibeats ear pieces are really nice, everyone in my store lives them. :D (btw I work at a corporate Verizon location in the springs :) )

mistykz
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
You know the nexus is a samsung phone too right?

Of course, but I've had Samsungs my entire life and I've never had any issues with them until this one. Nobody else I know has had issues with theirs, so I'm just calling myself extremely unlucky