PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: PDF Editor/Creator...

Dietrich_R1
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 10:25 AM
So I'm getting all of these documents in PDF format, & I need to make minor adjustments to them. I have the adobe acrobat reader, but this won't allow any changes.

Anyone have a copy they would be willing to part with, or know of some good free/inexpensive pdf programs out there????? I can't justify the $150.00 adobe wants!

Thanks!!!

WolFeYeZ
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 05:34 PM
So I'm getting all of these documents in PDF format, & I need to make minor adjustments to them. I have the adobe acrobat reader, but this won't allow any changes.

Anyone have a copy they would be willing to part with, or know of some good free/inexpensive pdf programs out there????? I can't justify the $150.00 adobe wants!

Thanks!!!

I don't think there are any PDF editors out there that are free. Kinda defeats the purpose of a PDF. If you do want to make your own PDF files from .doc (or similar) type documents you want a PDF writer such as: http://www.cutepdf.com/ writer

Ninja2
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 06:37 PM
It was my understanding that in order to edit a PDF file, you need the original. The original could be pretty much any format.
I have Adobe Pro at work, and even with that I cannot edit PDFs other than mark it up, etc. Also, it depends what the original is created in. For example, some of our documents at work are created in InDesign. In order to make changes to it, you have to have Adobe InDesign.

The easiest method: save the pdf file as a Word doc. If the formatting is off, try a copy and paste into Word. I believe with Adobe Reader you can then convert the Word document to PDF. If there is a better way, I'd love to hear it cause I have not been able to figure it out.

Filo
Mon Nov 28th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Without having the original I think your only option is the Adobe Acrobat. I use it at work and it is very nice for editing PDFs. If you have the original (Word file, whatever) there are a number of free distillers out there that work nicely. But that doesn't seem to be what you want.

My version of Acrobat was $450 IIRC. Worth it for work. I wouldn't buy it for home though.