PDA

View Full Version : Beer Favor!

Sean
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I have a dilemma and I NEED your help!

Since I know we have a few beer connoisseurs on the board, I would like to ask you a favor. There is a beer that was released this month and has been in Colorado less than a week. It is completely sold out with every store I've checked with. At Total Beverage in Westminster it sold out in less than 24 hours. :shocked: However, I know that there are still some out there. My friend found two bottles at Argonaut last night (the last two bottles).

So my favor: If you are at your local beer store, and you know that they cater to some microbrews, do me a favor and ask if they have this beer. I'm willing to go to that store that same day, or I'll even buy it off of you.

Here is the beer:
Deschutes The Abyss

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Complete-Deschutes-Abyss-Vertical-2006-2010-Rare-/00/$(KGrHqUOKj8E0vBj+H66BNfR)EUQH!~~_35.JPG

Thanks! :up:

salsashark
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM
HERITAGE WINE & LIQUORS I
7475 E Arapahoe Rd
Englewood, CO 80112
303-770-8212

just called them, said they have 32 in stock... I'll be down that way this afternoon, I could be persuaded to pick up a few and bring them to the toy ride.

don't know if you checked out their website, but you can narrow down your search by beer and zip code - http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/find

Sean
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Salsa, I have never been turned on this much by another man. You don't even realize how happy you just made me. I've been waiting for this beer for so long, and then I couldn't get any. It may sound dumb, but I was crushed.

What time are you going this afternoon? Any chance you can PM or text me before you go? (3oh3 250 707one) I'm trying to get a hold of my collector friend and see if he wants to just drive down there tonight. Otherwise, I'll have my panniers on Sunday. :eyebrows:

Thanks again! I owe ya. :up:

salsashark
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 10:56 AM
no worries... I'll shoot you a message when I get fed up with this place and bail out. Probably 3:30sh

Sean
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Works perfectly for me. Thanks again.

sloridr
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Mmmm my favorite brewery! I'll take a look at my local spots here for ya. If the 32 that Salsa found aren't enough for you! Let me know!

Sean
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Mmmm my favorite brewery! I'll take a look at my local spots here for ya. If the 32 that Salsa found aren't enough for you! Let me know!Yes, Deschutes is my favorite too. They make some great beer! In fact, last night I was enjoying an Obsidian Stout. Thanks for offering to check. I'm probably only going to do 6 bottles or so. I think they go for $13/bottle! For me, that's a good size price tag for beer. :drink:

sloridr
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Yes, Deschutes is my favorite too. They make some great beer! In fact, last night I was enjoying an Obsidian Stout. Thanks for offering to check. I'm probably only going to do 6 bottles or so. I think they go for $13/bottle! For me, that's a good size price tag for beer. :drink:

:cheers:Yes they do! Obsidian and Black Butte are my FAVORITE beers!!! You should look for "The Stoic" from Deschutes. Also about $12 a bottle. If you like Belgians, its very belgian and KILLER!

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Check out Applejacks or Highlands Wine & Liquor for future reference. They usually carry some of the rarer beers.

Sean
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 11:36 AM
You should look for "The Stoic" from Deschutes. Also about $12 a bottle. If you like Belgians, its very belgian and KILLER!
It is now on the radar. :guns: Thanks for letting me know about this one.

Check out Applejacks or Highlands Wine & Liquor for future reference. They usually carry some of the rarer beers.
Good info to have, thanks Wicky! :cheers:

sloridr
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I have it down here at Liquor Mart? corner of Pierce and Coal Mine in Littleton...

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I have it down here at Liquor Mart?
Why are you asking Sean? :lol:

Sean
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM
no worries... I'll shoot you a message when I get fed up with this place and bail out. Probably 3:30shThanks Salsa, but it looks like we're going to head down there tonight. Be sure to save us a bottle or two. :up:

I have it down here at Liquor Mart? corner of Pierce and Coal Mine in Littleton...Cool, so I can probably get it at the L/M up by me too.

Why are you asking Sean? :lol:
I think he's already drunk? :santa:

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I think he's already drunk? :santa:
Probably?

Sean
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Probably?
We'll never know?

salsashark
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks Salsa, but it looks like we're going to head down there tonight. Be sure to save us a bottle or two. :up:

no worries...

sloridr
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM
What???????????? No i wasn't asking him a question?:321:

Sean
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Salsashark = :king:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/381108_10150429811162726_580017725_8547790_9884268 99_n.jpg

The only downside is that they only wanted to sell us one per day. After talking to the beer guy and manager we were able to get the thumbs up for buying two, but I didn't get the four that I wanted. Oh well, I'm more than happy that I was able to get some at all.

Plus, the guy mentioned that he had two Stoic's left. So I figured since I couldn't get my four bottles, why not get something else good too? So Justin, if you're wrong, I'm never going to forgive you! :mrt:

sloridr
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Justin, if you're wrong, I'm never going to forgive you! :mrt:

I would never mislead you when beer is involved!!!
Enjoy!
The guy at my store said The Abyss won't be out for another month...

Sean
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I know, I'm just giving you a hard time. Can't wait to try it! Man, it was really hard to not crack open some of those beers last night.

sloridr
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Why didn't you? I know we did!!!:guinness:

tarbash29
Thu Dec 1st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Just saw on applejacks facebook page that they just got some in stock.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Applejack-Wine-Spirits/120846677823

Sparker
Thu Dec 1st, 2011, 05:44 PM
Speaking of beer, I saw an ad for Batch 19. has anyone had it?

mdub
Wed Jan 4th, 2012, 05:41 PM
back in oct ...during the beer fest a so call beer expert says try Ayunger. Has anyone ever had a sip? Is it really good?

Jmetz
Wed Jan 4th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I've had Ayunger on several occasions. It was quite enjoyable each time. You will want to check the aging though, anything less then an 18 will be trouble. I've also had Aolder a couple times and it was enjoyable as well.

mdub
Wed Jan 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM
i look'd at Davidson's since it is in my crack'd of the woods. nuttin..i'll ask them next time.

Keyser Soze
Wed Jan 4th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Having an abyss right now. Pretty good. One bottle limit at my local total wine

Sean
Wed Jan 4th, 2012, 08:37 PM
This year's Abyss is pretty good, but last years was really good! Still have a few bottles left, gotta pace myself. :drink:

sloridr
Wed Jan 4th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Sean you know we have never met... But I feel like I've known you forever. I love you man! Beer is so good !!!

mdub
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM
:cheers: :makeout:

Sean
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Sean you know we have never met... But I feel like I've known you forever. I love you man! Beer is so good !!!
Yes we did, you came to my house. You bought or got...something from me. :slap:

Jmetz
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I was gonna remember that I met you, but then I got high.

mdub
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 09:31 AM
we should all get together and bring our favorite beers to share?

sloridr
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Yes we did, you came to my house. You bought or got...something from me. :slap:

Yes the head unit! Thats right I drank to much beer since then and forgot. ;)