PDA

View Full Version : Battle field 3

grim
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 08:49 AM
For you hardcore gamers out there,

I picked up Battle field 3 yesterday...Amazing, the sound quality and graphics are just insane!!! The maps are freaking awesome as well. I picked up some turtle beach DX 11's as well which improve the gaming experience to a whole new level.

Is there anyone who has played that has any tips and tricks to the game. I discovered sniping is nothing like MW3 or Black ops and you have to account for gravity. Anyone know how much higher you need to aim based on distance of the target? I am a big fan of sniping but i couldn't quite get the shot lined up right for the really long distance shots.

Other than that i like it much better than MW3 its more realistic and the maps are much better.

tecknojoe
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 08:55 AM
repost

tecknojoe
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 08:55 AM
i just like to fly helicopters through the tunnel and other places they shouldn't go

grim
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:03 AM
repost

You lie... there is no Battle field 3 thread (at least i didnt find one) there is a MW3 thread.

grim
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:04 AM
i just like to fly helicopters through the tunnel and other places they shouldn't go

I couldn't figure out how the fuck to fly the damn helicopter. I crashed it within seconds of taking off.

tecknojoe
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:18 AM
You lie... there is no Battle field 3 thread (at least i didnt find one) there is a MW3 thread.

you need moar search

I couldn't figure out how the fuck to fly the damn helicopter. I crashed it within seconds of taking off.

you need moar practice

I haz a youtube vid of me taking it through the tunnel. My record is only having to land it once. Need to get it through without touching anything :wait:

grim
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:22 AM
you need moar search

you need moar practice

I haz a youtube vid of me taking it through the tunnel. My record is only having to land it once. Need to get it through without touching anything :wait:

linky?

tecknojoe
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:24 AM
ahhh there we go

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=622934&postcount=148

WolFeYeZ
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:27 AM
ahhh there we go

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=622934&postcount=148

New task: Do it with a jet :D

Zach929rr
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:28 AM
There's no jets on herpderp tunnel map unfortunately.

tecknojoe
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:31 AM
fuck. I'll find something cool with the jets, don't worry.

grim
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:49 AM
What rank do you have to be to unlock the C4 i wanna sneak up on some tanks n blow em up

WolFeYeZ
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:50 AM
fuck. I'll find something cool with the jets, don't worry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQNzyYsgQbw
Awesome but...
Nope, not me.

tecknojoe
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 09:58 AM
What rank do you have to be to unlock the C4 i wanna sneak up on some tanks n blow em up

Iono but that's what I want, I saw someone throw it in the chopper, jump out and blow it up on someone :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQNzyYsgQbw
Awesome but...
Nope, not me.

no youtube at work, i'll have to see later

grim
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Iono but that's what I want, I saw someone throw it in the chopper, jump out and blow it up on someone :lol:

no youtube at work, i'll have to see later

HAHAHAH thats awesome!!

modette99
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I just got it yesterday in the mail for PS3, so hard to aim with Controllers vs a mouse. Still the graphics are nuts...very good indeed.

I assume most you talking about online play, I have not tried that yet...been playing the missions first to learn the controls.

grim
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I just got it yesterday in the mail for PS3, so hard to aim with Controllers vs a mouse. Still the graphics are nuts...very good indeed.

I assume most you talking about online play, I have not tried that yet...been playing the missions first to learn the controls.

Yea i jumped right into Multiplayer i plan to do some Campaign tonight though.

bulldog
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Are you playing on a PS3 Grim? If so I am always down to trade up games after I play them if you are interested.

Offer goes out to pretty much anyone that seems responsible or has been on the board for a while; just to make sure they trade back or don't jack up the disk.

Ghost
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Are you playing on a PS3 Grim? If so I am always down to trade up games after I play them if you are interested.

Offer goes out to pretty much anyone that seems responsible or has been on the board for a while; just to make sure they trade back or don't jack up the disk.

Sounds like he's on PC or Xbox as the TB DX11 only lists PC and Xbox as compatible.

Ghost
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I discovered sniping is nothing like MW3 or Black ops and you have to account for gravity. Anyone know how much higher you need to aim based on distance of the target? I am a big fan of sniping but i couldn't quite get the shot lined up right for the really long distance shots.

Other than that i like it much better than MW3 its more realistic and the maps are much better.

Depends on the rifle in question, as the more powerful the round the less it drops at range. But, on the mil-dot sight and with the M110 I'm nearly one full dot higher than my target's head to get the shot at max range (like sniping from the island on the Metro Rush map into their spawn area).

Really, the key to sniping is to watch your shots--pay attention to where they're dropping and adjust for it. Between BF:BC2 and BF3 there's not any difference I can notice, and sniping becomes just a matter of "feel" and after a while you just "know" where to aim to hit.

Nobody
Thu Dec 1st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Too bad the update totally fucked it up on ps3, all the guns are even now, and the realism is gone. No more oh shit moments when you get hit with a rocket while flying. IR sight is now useless as well. Hopefully that update doesn't hit the PC.

In regards to figuring out bullet drop on the sniper rifles, best way to learn is to get on a big map like Caspian border. You can get into an open area and watch how the tracer drops at given distances and adjust accordingly.

grim
Thu Dec 1st, 2011, 08:52 PM
Too bad the update totally fucked it up on ps3, all the guns are even now, and the realism is gone. No more oh shit moments when you get hit with a rocket while flying. IR sight is now useless as well. Hopefully that update doesn't hit the PC.

In regards to figuring out bullet drop on the sniper rifles, best way to learn is to get on a big map like Caspian border. You can get into an open area and watch how the tracer drops at given distances and adjust accordingly.

Explain....what happened with the update?

Nobody
Thu Dec 1st, 2011, 10:10 PM
Explain....what happened with the update?

They further decreased bullet damage over distance with the sniper rifles, which was practically perfect where it was. The minimum distance was bumped up so no more hip firing, you pretty much have to be sighted up to hit the broad side of a barn with a sniper rifle now.

SMG's and shotguns now do way more damage than they should and have way more range. More or less assault rifles and SMG's are exactly the same, no more benefit of higher caliber et cetera.

The IR sight only illuminates and displays objects/threats within about 15 feet, otherwise everything is dark and looks like you're in a white out blizzard. Can't make out buildings or anything unless they're right in front of you.

You know when you're flying a chopper, and somebody pegs the tail rotor with a rocket? Pretty damn hard to recover, until now. Now when you get hit all you get is a warning light and the screen shakes a little bit.

MG's are fucking useless now unless you're burst firing it. A guy can be 10 feet in front of you, and if you're full auto dead centered on em nothing registers. It's like you're firing blanks.

I'll grab the change log from EA in a few minutes, which goes over what all changed. They more or less took a nearly perfect game, and homogenized it for all the whiny twelve year olds that bitched about the game being too hard to get used to. I'm going to start fucking around with my buddies server and see if we can change those settings, that way if they do patch it and fuck everything up we can try to fix everything back as best as possible.

Ghost
Fri Dec 2nd, 2011, 01:05 PM
They further decreased bullet damage over distance with the sniper rifles, which was practically perfect where it was. The minimum distance was bumped up so no more hip firing, you pretty much have to be sighted up to hit the broad side of a barn with a sniper rifle now.

SMG's and shotguns now do way more damage than they should and have way more range. More or less assault rifles and SMG's are exactly the same, no more benefit of higher caliber et cetera.

The IR sight only illuminates and displays objects/threats within about 15 feet, otherwise everything is dark and looks like you're in a white out blizzard. Can't make out buildings or anything unless they're right in front of you.

You know when you're flying a chopper, and somebody pegs the tail rotor with a rocket? Pretty damn hard to recover, until now. Now when you get hit all you get is a warning light and the screen shakes a little bit.

MG's are fucking useless now unless you're burst firing it. A guy can be 10 feet in front of you, and if you're full auto dead centered on em nothing registers. It's like you're firing blanks.

I'll grab the change log from EA in a few minutes, which goes over what all changed. They more or less took a nearly perfect game, and homogenized it for all the whiny twelve year olds that bitched about the game being too hard to get used to. I'm going to start fucking around with my buddies server and see if we can change those settings, that way if they do patch it and fuck everything up we can try to fix everything back as best as possible.

I'm on PS3, and I'm hating the changes. Playing Metro last night put nearly a full belt from the 249 into someone from prone, with the bipod out, and he ran through it and shot me with his SMG, his health was like 85%...

The game was nearly-perfect in balance the way it was, now it's complete bullshit, feels like COD...

Awesome. Thanks EA...

:nuke:

BTW: PSN/Xbox ID thread:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43694