PDA

View Full Version : Oil on the road (Wheat Ridge)

Mother Goose
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Not sure if anyone here rides on the I-70 Frontage Road between Ward and Kipling, but there is a bunch of oil dumped on the east bound lane from Tabor all the way to Ward. Just wanted to give a warning. I had to ride in the middle of the 2 lanes and some in the oncoming lane to avoid it.

Zach929rr
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I swear to god this happens every 2-3 months. Unbelievable.

Mother Goose
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM
At least it's on the Frontage road and not on I-70 again.

Sean
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 12:49 PM
At least you were able to see it! Nothing like finding a surprise, in a corner somewhere.

Mother Goose
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 12:53 PM
At least you were able to see it! Nothing like finding a surprise, in a corner somewhere.
It started in the middle of a corner, but I was able to look ahead to see something wasn't right, so I slowed and moved over. Thought it was water, but avoided it anyways. Once I got to our parking lot, I went out to the street and checked it out and found that it was oil.

Mother Goose
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Do cities have clean up crews for something like this?

"Oil spill on aisle Frontage Road and Tabor St."

grim
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Wasnt there a chemical spill on I-25 in between university and Colorado on the southbound side two years ago?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Dec 1st, 2011, 07:17 AM
Do cities have clean up crews for something like this?

"Oil spill on aisle Frontage Road and Tabor St."
Yes. Call it in and there should be a hazmat team out to clean it up. It might be diesel from a ruptured tank.

Mother Goose
Thu Dec 1st, 2011, 09:38 AM
Yes. Call it in and there should be a hazmat team out to clean it up. It might be diesel from a ruptured tank.
I called, but I don't know if they did anything. With the snow today, I'm sure they could care less about it now. It was definitely oil. I parked the bike at my work and went out to the street and got it on my fingers. Definitely oil.

sloridr
Thu Dec 1st, 2011, 09:46 AM
Kittah litter FTW

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Dec 1st, 2011, 05:15 PM
I called, but I don't know if they did anything. With the snow today, I'm sure they could care less about it now. It was definitely oil. I parked the bike at my work and went out to the street and got it on my fingers. Definitely oil.
Probably it was just a bunch of Hardley-Ablesons going down the road and left their typical snail-trail....... :)