PDA

View Full Version : Garages that you can sleep in

Ezzzzy1
Fri Dec 2nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
I love garages and have a pretty nice one that I have spent a lot of time and money in and on but some of these are amazing...

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=18284

AOK303
Fri Dec 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
did you notice the garage from ferris bueller is in there

Clovis
Fri Dec 2nd, 2011, 11:18 PM
God damn 1%'ers!! =P

grim
Fri Dec 2nd, 2011, 11:18 PM
Those are sexy

age315
Sat Dec 3rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
There were a lot of beautiful cars in there but that Z28 was the best.

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Dec 3rd, 2011, 12:14 AM
this guy is over on ADVrider with the trickest DR650 EVER

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58596

tricked DR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712386

madvlad
Sat Dec 3rd, 2011, 06:58 AM
Those are awesome, my wife would never pull me out of that garage lol

modette99
Sat Dec 3rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
this guy is over on ADVrider with the trickest DR650 EVER

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58596

tricked DR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712386

Don't get me wrong very nice...but you think with that type of money you make it more of a show room vs a typical garage where there is not much space in front of the vehicles.

Our garage here is not what I was hoping for :-( But wife knows when we build a house I want at least a 6 car garage, that is double deep, and with one bay being tall and drive through. Our garage in MI was much nicer then here...I still need to finish the drywall here...pis spoor CO building practices.

My parents garage in TN is huge, also finished off like the inside of the house with wood trim and top of the line windows *shrug*

You mean that is not normal....

Damn I been spoiled....LOL

OUTLAWD
Sat Dec 3rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
^ +1

my garage...once I buy a place and build one...will be a garage, not a show room...

little pads under the tires...1 you don't drive enough, 2 your floor coating can't handle being parked on? god forbid you needed to jack it up to change a tire...all those pics, I think I saw 1 toolbox....:jerkoff:

steel building, insulated with interior panels, partitioned off fabrication/machine shop area, bay for car tear down, bay for normal maintenance, mezzanine to store parts for projects, walls lines with toolboxes/equipment, not signs an old gas pumps...a garage that will be used...if i want to display something, I'll pull it in the living room ;)

derekm
Sat Dec 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
run wutchya brung....just closed my refi loan & b uilding a 23x28' 2.5 car... eat ur heart out

asp_125
Sat Dec 3rd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Meh.. I'd rather have a garage like this:

http://www.gezagear.com/images_motorcycle_cover/Geza%20Motorcycle%20Cover%20Garage%202.jpg

Ezzzzy1
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 12:02 AM
run wutchya brung....just closed my refi loan & b uilding a 23x28' 2.5 car... eat ur heart out

Thats bad ass... Where at?

Dietrich_R1
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Behind every good Marriage = a good garage!!!

Would a woman (most) ever tell a man how to decorate a garage???

Clovis
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 12:42 AM
I think an epic garage is on every man's wish list, I know it's on mine! Several years ago my best friend lived on a small ranch I. fountain with two three car detached garages / shop / barn.

An old wood burning stove for heat and a swamp cooler for the summer, nothing fancy but for a 21 year old kid modifying our cars it was a little slice of heaven.

Right now I would be happy to a 3 car garage. Todays 2 car garages are big enough for exactly two cars all though through clever use of the space I've managed to fit both our cars, the grill and the motorcycle in. It helps that might Mrs. Clovis's car is a Beatle so it's short. If I move the grill out I should be able to fit a FJR in that spot next year. 2 cars, 2 motorcycles and all my tools/lawn equipment fitting in our garage is practically a magic act.

derekm
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Thats bad ass... Where at?
backyard :)

Wrider
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Don't get me wrong very nice...but you think with that type of money you make it more of a show room vs a typical garage where there is not much space in front of the vehicles.

Our garage here is not what I was hoping for :-( But wife knows when we build a house I want at least a 6 car garage, that is double deep, and with one bay being tall and drive through. Our garage in MI was much nicer then here...I still need to finish the drywall here...pis spoor CO building practices.

My parents garage in TN is huge, also finished off like the inside of the house with wood trim and top of the line windows *shrug*

You mean that is not normal....

Damn I been spoiled....LOL

^ +1

my garage...once I buy a place and build one...will be a garage, not a show room...

little pads under the tires...1 you don't drive enough, 2 your floor coating can't handle being parked on? god forbid you needed to jack it up to change a tire...all those pics, I think I saw 1 toolbox....:jerkoff:

steel building, insulated with interior panels, partitioned off fabrication/machine shop area, bay for car tear down, bay for normal maintenance, mezzanine to store parts for projects, walls lines with toolboxes/equipment, not signs an old gas pumps...a garage that will be used...if i want to display something, I'll pull it in the living room ;)

You guys need to read that thread. He has a workshop as well. And a junk garage with his yard implements. Plus his buddy/personal mechanic is a 30+ yr vet of the trade and is Desmosedici certified with all of the badass tools you could ever need!

modette99
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM
You guys need to read that thread. He has a workshop as well. And a junk garage with his yard implements. Plus his buddy/personal mechanic is a 30+ yr vet of the trade and is Desmosedici certified with all of the badass tools you could ever need!

That is all fine...just saying I would have put walking room in front of those bad ass vehicles...each to their own.

For example, I hate the look of the Ultra MODERN homes and their attempt at a garage. You could give me one of those places and I would sell it. Not my cup of tea.

I'm surprised none of the pictures had Jay's garage...now that is the ULTIMATE garage.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2011/09/jay_leno_supercars_opener_01.jpg

mxer
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 11:16 AM
It's amazing what telling mediocre jokes can buy.

modette99
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 11:20 AM
It's amazing what telling mediocre jokes can buy.

Telling Jokes others write for him...LOL He has people that write for him. He is way past his prime, the guy is a down to earth dude from what I read but his show is not like what it used to be. Letterman is the same way...barely funny. Not sure why these people feel the need to stay around for LIFE. Kinda like Larry King....lol

modette99
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Of course figures depend on site...but yeahs till its a lot per year. $150 million +

Jay Leno’s salary break down:

1992- $1 million
1993- $1 million
1994- $3 million
1995- $3 million
1996- $5 million
1997- $5 million
1998- $5 million
1999- $10 million
2000- $12 million
2001- $15 million
2002- $15 million
2003- $20 million
2004- $20 million
2005- $20 million
2006- $20 million
2007- $20 million
2008- $20 million
2009- $22 million
2010- $24 million
2011- $25 million

derekm
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 12:40 PM
roots....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097081/

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQ5MDU0MzYzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYyMjUyMQ@@._ V1._SY317_.jpg

Wrider
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Of course figures depend on site...but yeahs till its a lot per year. $150 million +

Jay Leno’s salary break down:

1992- $1 million
1993- $1 million
1994- $3 million
1995- $3 million
1996- $5 million
1997- $5 million
1998- $5 million
1999- $10 million
2000- $12 million
2001- $15 million
2002- $15 million
2003- $20 million
2004- $20 million
2005- $20 million
2006- $20 million
2007- $20 million
2008- $20 million
2009- $22 million
2010- $24 million
2011- $25 million

Even crazier figures when you realize that according to Leno himself, every cent he has from TV is stashed away in an account somewhere. He says he's only ever spent money from his appearances and standup routines, and not a cent from TV has been spent.

modette99
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Even crazier figures when you realize that according to Leno himself, every cent he has from TV is stashed away in an account somewhere. He says he's only ever spent money from his appearances and standup routines, and not a cent from TV has been spent.

He probably spends the interest and thus has never touched the principle that is how you do it and should say if you win a $100 million lottery. At a lousy 3% interest that still be $3,000,000 a year. LOL If you can blow $3 million a year something is wrong with you.....

I bet that is what he means...

Scatterbrain
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Wow those are some amazing garages and i could only dream of being capable of something like that.

Wrider
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 06:46 PM
He probably spends the interest and thus has never touched the principle that is how you do it and should say if you win a $100 million lottery. At a lousy 3% interest that still be $3,000,000 a year. LOL If you can blow $3 million a year something is wrong with you.....

I bet that is what he means...

"I had two jobs as a kid, one at a fast-food restaurant and one at a Ford dealership. And I'd put the money from one job in one pocket and spend it. And the other paycheck I'd save," he says. "I do that now. I have always banked my Tonight Show money and lived off the stand-up. I have one credit card, no mortgage, and I don't lease."

This, combined with his true love of vehicles, is why I truly respect the guy.

Oh and here's the link for where I cut that quote out of.

Leno's Interview with USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-07-16-leno-cover_N.htm)

grim
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 08:19 PM
By the end of this month I am finally going to have my very first very own garage the wife could care less what i do with it. First order of buisness I am epoxy painting the floor! :hump:

Then gonna insulate it to keep it nice and warm in the winter.

Awesome part there is already a sink and work bench in the garage :up:

Anyone got any tips to make it even better?

Ezzzzy1
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 08:42 PM
By the end of this month I am finally going to have my very first very own garage the wife could care less what i do with it. First order of buisness I am epoxy painting the floor! :hump:

I have been around the block a few times. When it's epoxy time you should hit me up. A lot of problem to be had there if done wrong

grim
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I have been around the block a few times. When it's epoxy time you should hit me up. A lot of problem to be had there if done wrong

Trust me I know I've done it once or five times gotta grind the concrete down a little acid etch the floor then roll that shit on like a boss!! But I will need a hand rolling the epoxy on the shit I plan to use is very high industrial shit and cures pretty damn fast.

modette99
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Trust me I know I've done it once or five times gotta grind the concrete down a little acid etch the floor then roll that shit on like a boss!! But I will need a hand rolling the epoxy on the shit I plan to use is very high industrial shit and cures pretty damn fast.

Instead of doing the epoxy...how about Concrete Polishing.

http://static.concretenetwork.com/photo-gallery/images/250x166Exact/polished-concrete_30/polished-concrete-floor-colored-polished-floor-ritonya-concrete-stone-services_1473.jpg

sloridr
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM

Yes one tip Electricity? Do you have enough outlets and are they 20a? If not put them in before you insulate and rock! My $0.02

Ezzzzy1
Sun Dec 4th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Yes one tip Electricity? Do you have enough outlets and are they 20a? If not put them in before you insulate and rock! My $0.02

Best advice ever! I did it after and its a PAAAAAIN!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 07:24 AM
How about we start an "Occupy Leno's Garage" movement? :)

Wrider
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 08:07 AM
How about we start an "Occupy Leno's Garage" movement? :)

Because we'd all be running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to figure out which one we want to occupy...

grim
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Because we'd all be running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to figure out which one we want to occupy...

We should start with the one with the cars in....oh right. well we could set up a schedule to sleep in one garage each night.

Wrider
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM
We should start with the one with the cars in....oh right. well we could set up a schedule to sleep in one garage each night.

Oh to have such problems in life... lol

Keyser Soze
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 08:31 AM

He also sells a lot of the uber rare cars he finds and restores. The guy is an encyclopedia on all wheeled vehicles. His wife was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. I agree his show isn't as good as it used to be, but I think that's more NBC's fault than his. Regardless, his garage and collection put most in the world to shame.

salsashark
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 08:44 AM
He also sells a lot of the uber rare cars he finds and restores. The guy is an encyclopedia on all wheeled vehicles. His wife was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. I agree his show isn't as good as it used to be, but I think that's more NBC's fault than his. Regardless, his garage and collection put most in the world to shame.

See the Cafe Racer episode with Alonzo Bodden? Funniest thing he said was that he finally has a bike that Jay Leno doesn't... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_xAZt57rQ

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MfN84HX3qbE/Trjt-IjjmRI/AAAAAAAAApk/kIxxPWnvP8s/s640/duc2.jpg

ock1
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
there's this guy with a 1600 sq ft garage condo with upstairs kitchen area, den, shower.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/garage-forum/190631-project-garage-condo.html

grim
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 11:48 AM
there's this guy with a 1600 sq ft garage condo with upstairs kitchen area, den, shower.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/garage-forum/190631-project-garage-condo.html

I seriously fucking hate this guy and the amount of money he has.....good read though

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
^^^also hates this guys amount of $$$ he has to blow.

mdub
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 01:58 PM
dont hate...just envy.

Ghost
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Yay, The Rich have Nice Things you can't have...surprise...:roll:

grim
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Yay, The Rich have Nice Things you can't have...surprise...:roll:

Ghost when i get my house this month ill pimp out my garage as much as i can and then you and I can eat cookies, point and laugh at the rich people and say "haha bitch you don't have awesome cookies"

Ghost
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Ghost when i get my house this month ill pimp out my garage as much as i can and then you and I can eat cookies, point and laugh at the rich people and say "haha bitch you don't have awesome cookies"

Lol, awesome!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Dec 5th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Dibs on Leno's! :) (Plus, i hear he's just an awesomely cool guy.)