PDA

View Full Version : Auto sales

vort3xr6
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Our Toyota East location is looking for immediate sales people. They just adjusted the pay plans and they are really good. Last month 5 out of 8 salespeople made over 8000. They are looking for people that are willing to move up to management with potential of $10,000 per month.

Must have a clean background and driving record.

No drugs.

Must be willing to work Saturdays.

Ghost
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Stevinson Toyota/Scion East on Havana I assume?

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Does it get you a free FR-S when they come out? :D

vort3xr6
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Stevinson Toyota/Scion East on Havana I assume?

Correct.

Auto sales can be a very lucrative career, but it requires somebody who is driven by money.

Ghost
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Correct.

Auto sales can be a very lucrative career, but it requires somebody who is driven by money.

That it does.

And someone who doesn't mind working all week to get every sale they can. If you're used to the 9-5 M-F schedule and want to stick to it and still make all that you can, good luck.

A lack of morals and/or sympathy for the customer also helps.

grim
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 08:42 PM
That's a cutthroat job right there I've seen salesmen steal a sale from another salesmen at the drop of a hat!

Ghost
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
That's a cutthroat job right there I've seen salesmen steal a sale from another salesmen at the drop of a hat!

You should see the circus act that's an Off-Site Sale (like the one John Elway/GO does at Invesco every year) that's beyond the normal cutthroat shenanigans that happen at a dealership...

vort3xr6
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
That it does.

And someone who doesn't mind working all week to get every sale they can. If you're used to the 9-5 M-F schedule and want to stick to it and still make all that you can, good luck.

A lack of morals and/or sympathy for the customer also helps.

You forgot Saturdays.

With the systems we have in place, it's pretty hard to steal a sale, but not impossible.

Ghost
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 08:53 PM
You forgot Saturdays.

With the systems we have in place, it's pretty hard to steal a sale, but not impossible.

I meant that if you're used to just working M-F 9-5 you'll be SOL since that won't cut it. Six days of bells is the way to make the money--until/unless you're established enough to just work from referrals.

vort3xr6
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I meant that if you're used to just working M-F 9-5 you'll be SOL since that won't cut it. Six days of bells is the way to make the money--until/unless you're established enough to just work from referrals.

You know the drill. So many guys make 6 figures, but they give up a lot for it. Sacrifice now, enjoy the benefits later!

Ghost
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 11:02 AM
You know the drill. So many guys make 6 figures, but they give up a lot for it. Sacrifice now, enjoy the benefits later!

Unfortunately, the flip side is that all that continual sacrifice leads to burnout, and either pushes you out of the business or just kills your drive.

burnn88
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
i may be interested.. are there set "shifts"? i have no problem working any day of the week, but the reason i left car sales was cause i was putting in like 70 hrs a week... if you want you can PM me details.

vort3xr6
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 11:12 AM
i may be interested.. are there set "shifts"? i have no problem working any day of the week, but the reason i left car sales was cause i was putting in like 70 hrs a week... if you want you can PM me details.

You won't be 70 hours a week. Shifts are usually 12-9 or 8-5 with breaks of course. Your days off can vary or they can be set in stone.

If you want me to set up an interview, shoot me your resume.

bhampton@stevinsonauto.com

burnn88
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 11:17 AM
You won't be 70 hours a week. Shifts are usually 12-9 or 8-5 with breaks of course. Your days off can vary or they can be set in stone.

If you want me to set up an interview, shoot me your resume.

bhampton@stevinsonauto.com

oh right on... i will talk to the wife when i get home. the only downside is that its quite a ways from where i live... how the is pay set up?