PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Boss 302SX

Keyser Soze
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Over 500hp :yumyum:

http://jalopnik.com/5865560/2013-boss-302sx-why-are-people-still-driving-m3s

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2011/12/c4de47ab9c1ad7b46fe208db48fd7b68.jpg

mdub
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 02:29 PM
grt if it was all wheel drive.

Ghost
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Neat. Downsides (IF it's made)--probably limited run, so +$15k over MSRP, Chinese tranny...

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I prefer Thai trannies.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I prefer Thai trannies.

:spit:

mdub
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 05:19 PM
wondering when toyota will ever come out with a new supra

Bashed
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I prefer Thai trannies.

Adam's apple and all.

Wrider
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 05:39 PM
This vs the 650 HP GT500... Hmmmm

As far as a new Supra, I hope they don't make a new Supra, did you see how badly they ruined the Scion FR-S/Subaru BR-Z? 200 HP to carry on the AE86 name???

mdub
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 06:03 PM
their just making money and to provide for the masses. I just like how the supra was styled. bet enuff mods , the supra could fly...tuners did build a highly hp'd civic, wanna say over 600hp.

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Adam's apple and all.
Is there any other way? :dunno:

mdub
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 06:36 PM
hermaphrodite. best of both.

Ezzzzy1
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 06:41 PM
wondering when toyota will ever come out with a new supra

Its in the works! They are saying almost 600hp AWD and all the toys. They are directly going after the GTR and will probably beat it on every level.

Captain Obvious
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 06:41 PM
hermaphrodite. best of both.

????? Some times you want a little vag, and other times you want to be a pillow bitter? Interesting.

Ezzzzy1
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I prefer Thai trannies.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/FERGIES-PACKAGE.jpg

mdub
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 06:47 PM
They are saying almost 600hp AWD and all the toys.

AWD is the key fer shure....

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/FERGIES-PACKAGE.jpg
dang its grabbin some branch....

Ghost
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 08:47 PM
As far as a new Supra, I hope they don't make a new Supra, did you see how badly they ruined the Scion FR-S/Subaru BR-Z? 200 HP to carry on the AE86 name???

If the BRZ (retarded name) has 200hp you do realize that's roughly 70hp MORE than the Hachi-Roku right?

Still, for this market, and especially at this altitude it'll suck. Take an N/A Miata up to Mt Evans and see how much "fun" it is. On the downhill, sure, going up...get out and push...

And at an estimated MSRP of $28k you may as well get the cheaper Hyundai Turbo Genesis Coupe or one of the 300hp V6s from them, or in the Mustang and Camaro base coupes.

Rumor has it that there *might* be a turbo for the first refresh, so maybe in 2014/2015 there'll be one...if anyone still cares by then.

New Supra? Believe it when I see it. They could have done a new Supra instead of the LFA, but they opted to go high-end instead.

Captain Obvious
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM
And back to the original post, nice HP #s, but it is still a mustang. And the title of the article had to do with why buy a M3 over a Boss 302SX.... well, it is a Ford vs a BMW, for the same amount of money, quality historically is better for the BMWs.

AOK303
Wed Dec 7th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Seeing how Honda has Once again said they will make a new NSX people expect Toyota to flag a super sport and also Mitsubishi as well. some say toyota may take longer due to the work put into the LFA and Scion FR-S

only bad thing is i think the NSX they will display this year will be a hybrid to battle the LFA-H prototype

Keyser Soze
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 08:37 AM
And back to the original post, nice HP #s, but it is still a mustang. And the title of the article had to do with why buy a M3 over a Boss 302SX.... well, it is a Ford vs a BMW, for the same amount of money, quality historically is better for the BMWs.

The "it's just a mustang" arguement is about as retarded as the BMW quality remark. BMW's aren't exactly known to be the most mechanically sound/reliable cars on the road. GM made an M5 killer. An M3 killer isn't unattainable. Comparing a caged track vehicle to a "luxury coupe" is pertty stupid, however. That's Jalopnik for ya though.

Scatterbrain
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Nice stang. But i'd like to see a new supra too! That was a badass machine.

mdub
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Take an N/A Miata up to Mt Evans and see how much "fun" it is. On the downhill, sure, going up...get out and push...

I know how that feels i had a lil 4 banger.....top speed in the mnts climbing a pass, 45....glad those days are behind.

New Supra? Believe it when I see it. They could have done a new Supra instead of the LFA, but they opted to go high-end instead.

yeah....those are the damn pinkie up japanese elite lexus folks. but you gotta admit that LFA is a bad arse car....

Ghost
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 10:58 AM
but you gotta admit that LFA is a bad arse car....

I won't admit anything until I get to drive it on the track. :p

mdub
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM
that is true....or pin ball it on 25.

Ghost
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
that is true....or pin ball it on 25.

And try not to collect $1M in Ferraris when I pass a Prius? ;)

sag
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 06:39 PM
If the BRZ (retarded name) has 200hp you do realize that's roughly 70hp MORE than the Hachi-Roku right?

Still, for this market, and especially at this altitude it'll suck. Take an N/A Miata up to Mt Evans and see how much "fun" it is. On the downhill, sure, going up...get out and push...

And at an estimated MSRP of $28k you may as well get the cheaper Hyundai Turbo Genesis Coupe or one of the 300hp V6s from them, or in the Mustang and Camaro base coupes.

Rumor has it that there *might* be a turbo for the first refresh, so maybe in 2014/2015 there'll be one...if anyone still cares by then.

theres a lot more to a car than power. a genesis coupe weighs what 600lbs more than the toyobaru? and is a much bigger vehicle. the stang is even bigger and they already said the base price will be 24k. these are eye opening if you havent seen them:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102&d=1255296097
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=137&d=1255486918
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2396&d=1319912374

but i agree on the power, plus suby motors are ghey. we have a customer (that is a toyota nut, mkiv supras, 2jz swapper 600hp taco) that already ordered the first FRS to come into pedersons toyota and hes driving it straight to us to see about an STI motor swap. but back on topic with the stang, racing is expensive but those kinds of cars arent a bad way to get into a super fast new car thats all ready to go. building a car that could be competitive with that stang and be as reliable would cost as much if not more. in the end EVERYBODY wins with the rejuvenated rivalry for fast machines, whichever drink you prefer.

Ghost
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 02:02 PM
The mustang has yet to be green-lighted for production, and my issue is that dealers will just gouge the few who could buy the car--and most of them will probably be "speculators" and not "real" enthusiasts or drivers.

The car should be open-production (as many as ordered) and/or have everything in the Ford Performance catalog so you can build your own.

Of course, cars like these are created primarily for corporate bragging rights, and as a "sweetener" for a few select top-tier dealers (who can make $15k over MSRP on the handful they get) and really are, despite appearances, "meant" for the speculator, and not for the enthusiast/track day warrior who would really love to have one.

But, so it goes.

Back to the tangent/hijack--$24k was the old price point, due to the Dollar's continued slump versus the Yen, the current expected MSRP for the base BRZ is up to $28k

("The basic concept, price point expected to start around $28,000" http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2013-subaru-brz-debuts-at-tokyo-auto-show-news)

Conveniently enough, the new engine actually uses the same mounting points as the old EJs did, and that was supposedly done so that a swap could be (theoretically) possible--either by the customer, or a tuner, or, down the road, by Subaru IF they ever decided to produce a turbo (which even the current BRZ STI Concept isn't showing, the only turbo to date was the G-Sports JDM Toyota prototype).

WHY that thing, which is smaller than a Cayman, has rear seats is beyond me. If you look a some of the various interior pics, most of the time the front seats are pressed right up against the back seats. The 370z makes no effort to be a 2+2, and the BRZ should've followed suit and if it's serious about being a good-handling sports car, then save the weight, bite the bullet and ditch the ridiculous back seats.

sag
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 05:07 PM
thats great news on the crossmember. rear seats for a break on insurance methinks. theyll come out easily enough. i remember them saying something along the lines of the interior being designed with a roll cage in mind which would be dope. something about pop out panels for the front hoops. hope they made that a reality.

Captain Obvious
Sat Dec 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM
The "it's just a mustang" arguement is about as retarded as the BMW quality remark. BMW's aren't exactly known to be the most mechanically sound/reliable cars on the road. GM made an M5 killer. An M3 killer isn't unattainable. Comparing a caged track vehicle to a "luxury coupe" is pertty stupid, however. That's Jalopnik for ya though.

Actually I said its STILL a Mustang. No doubt it is fast and sounds good, but it is still a Mustang. Sort of like a fat girl with bad teeth. Sure she has personality and can cook, but still fat and you grimace when she smiles. :)

Article compared the 2 as an effort to point out that Mustang street cars handle poorly compared to their European counterparts.... Perhaps those days are over if you are willing to shell out race car money.

mdub
Sat Dec 10th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Must or poon. I'll take poon anytime