PDA

View Full Version : Software Support Engineer - Denver Tech. Center

~Barn~
Thu Dec 8th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Refreshed as of 3/25/2014...

My job will soon be hiring yet another new Support Engineer, based out of our DTC office, which is located at I25 and I225. If you have an advanced ability to learn and troubleshoot a highly technical software suite, across multiple operating systems, and as-deployed across multiple network infrastructures and telephony platforms, please let me know as soon as possible, and include a resume.

While the learning curve is admittedly steep and ramp-up is unavoidable, advanced level knowledge in any of the following, would be highly desirable:
- Windows server
- All flavors of UX
- HP NonStop/Tandem <---- this one would be huge.
- Cisco UC
- Avaya telephony
- SQL Server

Salary would be dependent on the skills you could legitimately bring to the table running, but the company is generally competitive and generous to their loyal employees. We're based out of Australia, so the US benefits match what is provided to that office. Some of the nicer perks include:
- Good amount of PTO, public holidays, and floating days. (Sick time is separate)
- Top-flight medical/dental/vision and secondary insurances
- 401k contribution from the company, even if the employee does not (vested immediately)
- Performance bonuses paid out quarterly, based on KPIs
- Compensation for any on-call performed. (Minimal time on)
- Twice-monthly pay periods
- More...

So yeah... that's about it in a nutshell. The corporate culture around this place is great; to say we're a work-hard/play-hard kind of place would be understating it.

Anyhow.... if this sounds like your kinda place just send me your resume at: itsbarn<at>hotmail.com
I'll talk to you and get a feel for how you might fit and hopefully get your resume in front of my Director!

~Barn~
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 12:42 PM
TTT.

AOK303
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 01:22 PM
If we didn't have prior experience would we still be considered

~Barn~
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 04:29 PM
Looks like we're expanding the team again. Please see Post #1 for details.

If we didn't have prior experience would we still be considered
Eric, to answer your question it's hard to say. Think of it less as the experience that you don't have, but rather as the experiences that you do . You certainly don't need years and years of IT to be considered as an applicant, but you do have to show us that you're technically savvy to a particular degree.

Monster
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 10:12 PM
This sounds cool. Do you want a resume PMed to you or do you just put us in touch with the hiring manager?

I couldn't help but notice the 2000 referral bonus:fire:

~Barn~
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
This sounds cool. Do you want a resume PMed to you or do you just put us in touch with the hiring manager?

If you could please email it to me at the above mentioned address, that would be great.

salsashark
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
If you could please email it to me at the above mentioned address, that would be great.

Barn's actual identity revealed!

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/07/05/bosses/lumberg-office-space_610.jpg

Don't forget the cover sheet!

~Barn~
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
Sooo.....
Peter.

What's happening...?

Zach929rr
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
^ Haha!

Yeahhhhhhhhh, we kind over need to play catchup over the weekend.

~Barn~
Tue Mar 25th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Interested in hiring another professional computer nerd to come learn, apply, troubleshoot and ultimately fix..... A candidate for world's most complicated software!

I don't think much has changed from what previously has been posted, but what I'm hoping to do with people who contact me [please PM if possible], is have a quick phone conversation first. As far as your experience goes, you need to at least have *something* that hints of "technical support" to probably [read: realistically] get a phone call with my boss. Once we talk though, I can see how deep in the technical troubleshooting pool you're willing to swim.

I have a PD available upon request.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the sooner the better! Our "Global" is in town, and he's a strike when the iron is hot kinda guy!