PDA

View Full Version : Deckers - 12/10/11 - Taking the Rex up

Clovis
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 04:52 PM
It's supposed to be sunny with a high of 40-45 degrees tomorrow. I'm going to head to Deckers and Horsepower Hill with the WRX.

Should arrive at the store around 11pm and I plan to do some shooting with the GoPro.

PM me or text me if you would like to come. 719-201-9383

-Clovis

***** Update: Video made http://youtu.be/SRIfqC3VmFI

GuitarX
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Man this sounds good. Do you know how the roads are through there? There's still ice on the roads in town so I wonder how the Deckers run is?

Ghost
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 05:07 PM
You could always post up on AWDPirates too, sure someone on there would tag along.

~Barn~
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I'll race you for pinks. I can never collect enough vehicles. There's something very natural about it.

:D

Jmetz
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I'll sub if needed.

rfranks303
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I'll race you for pinks. I can never collect enough vehicles. There's something very natural about it.

:D
How many is a collection?

~Barn~
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I'm just hackin'... it sounds like a fun drive to be honest. Enjoy the weekend, errbody!

Bump it.

mdub
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 07:40 PM
yes. dont have to work this saturday.....i can sleep in.

~Barn~
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 07:41 PM
How many is a collection?Got me, I have far from a collection. It was more of a tongue-in-cheek really... ;)

That said, I would only say somebody has a "collection", if they all resided under one roof, a la Jay Leno.

rfranks303
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Got me, I have far from a collection. It was more of a tongue-in-cheek really... ;)

That said, I would only say somebody has a "collection", if they all resided under one roof, a la Jay Leno.
I was just asking because I hear I have a problem. I was looking for someone with more vehicles than me, so I could tell my wife and maybe she would lay off.

Jmetz
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 07:47 PM
If I still had my Storm I'd race.

~Barn~
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I was just asking because I hear I have a problem. I was looking for someone with more vehicles than me, so I could tell my wife and maybe she would lay off.

Ha! That's not a bad problem to have! Just do the whole Lexus December to Remember thing with her, but wrap the big bow around the car that's already hers. Maybe wash it first or something...

Then when she sees it, and she's all :wtf:, you can be like "Hey, at least it's not another one!"

rfranks303
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Ha! That's not a bad problem to have! Just do the whole Lexus December to Remember thing with her, but wrap the big bow around the car that's already hers. Maybe wash it first or something...

Then when she sees it, and she's all :wtf:, you can be like "Hey, at least it's not another one!"
Good call! I like your style.

Clovis
Fri Dec 9th, 2011, 11:18 PM
I don't know how Deckers is right now. My guess is that it will be clear since it's been sunny for the last few days. There will probably (almost certainly) be some sand in the roads... hence taking the car instead! :)

Man this sounds good. Do you know how the roads are through there? There's still ice on the roads in town so I wonder how the Deckers run is?

Matty
Sat Dec 10th, 2011, 08:03 AM
If I didn't mind ruining my really expensive snow tires i'd bring the STi out to play!

Ghost
Sat Dec 10th, 2011, 12:16 PM
If I didn't mind ruining my really expensive snow tires i'd bring the STi out to play!

+1

I just put mine on last week, I always hold off since our winters in the metro area are really too dry to run them very long. BUT, on the other hand, my summer-spec-only tires really don't cut it in even the lightest snow--like the thin covering my inclined driveway has...which I slid down, to the befuddled look of the old woman who thought I was screwing around when I wasn't...

I'm hoping we get a nice, fat, heavy snow soon so I can go romp & stomp up in the hills WRC style ;)

Clovis
Sat Dec 10th, 2011, 11:56 PM
New video posted:

http://youtu.be/SRIfqC3VmFI

Most of my videos came out garbage but I was able to salvage a few to splice together a decent movie.

Section of road is 67 a few miles south of Deckers (aka the twisty spot).

Speed appears faster then actual due to the GoPro fish eye Lens and terrain. The scene immediately following the intro was sped up very slightly for time considerations.

The rest is done at true speed.

Road conditions were dry but sections of sand that did not present any problems. HEAVY LEO presence on Horsepower Hill.

AOK303
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Oi i think when we get a lil snow me and some of the SCCA nuts that are more then average risk takers will be doing a run you should come clovis

Clovis
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I wish I could have used the photo from Horse Power but 90% of the videos I shot yesterday came out garbled. Turns out the the GoPro doesn't work well with class 10 SD cards.

FZRguy
Sun Dec 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Nice drive, good song too.

Ghost
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Do not attempt.You can't tell me what to do!!!!

Looks drier than I'd hoped too, my winters would've been unhappy.

Ever go ice racing?

Clovis
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Only if you count doing donuts in an empty parking lot :)

Ever go ice racing?

enabler118
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 11:50 AM

My buddy Nick from high school owns a bit shy of 20 vehicles (cars and bikes) -- I can't even remember them all to list. Most of them are projects. You're probably cool.