PDA

View Full Version : Valentino on Dirt

DW
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM
http://www.supercross.com/features/toni-cairoli-teaches-valentino-rossi-how-to-ride-motocross

salsashark
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 12:55 PM
cause it worked out so well for Hayden! :lol:

stubbicatt
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Cool. I imagine dirt riding would help in paved circuit racing where traction becomes "iffy".

Bashed
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I know for a fact that by me crosstraining on dirt and pavement it has made me a better rider overall. I have always tried to keep a dirty in the stable.
I am also a proponent of the more seat time the better.
Even a slow cruise across town reveals tools to make myself either safer, more aware, and or better prepared to get the most out of this lifestyle.
In the late seventies/early eighties I would jump on the ol' XS650 and spend all day in the canyons up north, as I lived from FT. Fun to Louisville just exploring all the roads. Bought it from Ricky Orlando at the MC shop over by Folsom and Canyon. Not really ripping it up or anything, but those years set me up for the better/faster bikes that came down the pike around the turn of the century. I remember a buddy buying the zx10 and me going north out of Louisville looking down and seeing 120, and thinking I still had 3 more gears to go. That was the ride that hooked me on sportbikes, as my XS would do 120 if it was pushed out of a plane. My girlfriends swore I was out whoring around being gone all day, and they were right in a sense. That old Yami was always ready to get ridden and never tired. I remember doing Boulder Canyon on a weekday and only seeing 10 vehicles all the way to Nederland. And two of those were bicycles. Great times for sure. Sorry for the nostalgia, back to your regular programming..................

brennahm
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM
cause it worked out so well for Hayden! :lol:

:scramble: Hayden was a dirttracker before he road raced...

I also don't think this was Rossi's first time on an MX bike seeing as he owns a track.

salsashark
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Sorry... forgot the </sarcasm>...