PDA

View Full Version : Quit bitching at each other and watch

tecknojoe
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 04:48 PM
It's a repost but I don't give a fuck, it's damn good riding. Thanks to ridersdiscount facebook page for reminding me of how sick racing is and posting this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Etb_kqxnI

Ghost
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
As a general rule, watching things like that while a) we can't do it and b) we can't do it and c) we can't do it, probably just leads to more bitching as our sudden realization at our own inadequacies sublimates into general displeasure at everyone/everything... ;)

tecknojoe
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 05:20 PM
:lol:

He did it in the rain. We, as amateur shitfucks, can do it on a sunny winter day

mdub
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
if sponsored and have no financial responsibility on wrecking ...hells ya i'll ride like that..

Cornfed
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 06:15 PM
if sponsored and have no financial responsibility on wrecking ...hells ya i'll ride like that..

I'd like to believe that, I really would. But even with complete disregard for money and injury, I still lack talent. :(

stubbicatt
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I'd like to believe that, I really would. But even with complete disregard for money and injury, I still lack talent. :(

+1 there. I've seen some guys who can really ride, whose finesse over traction and vague conditions is masterful.

I, however, am not one of them!

Even so, I really admire and respect these abilities.

Zanatos
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 06:34 PM
That dude got third place?

I guess the first and second place guys must have finished their runs before it started raining.

Aracheon
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 07:28 PM
That gives me perma-wood.

sloridr
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 07:52 PM
That gives me perma-wood.

:imwithstupid:

MilkMan
Mon Dec 12th, 2011, 11:52 PM
My oh my is that some insane skill! I could never dream to have that kind of bike control! Thanks for posting! I dont think I've ever seen that vid!
-Mick-

FZRguy
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Well, he is on rain tires. :lol:

Kristian
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 06:57 AM
That dude got third place?

I guess the first and second place guys must have finished their runs before it started raining.

It was Superpole qualifying.

jrthomas6
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I ride like that all the time. Then I wake up. That's awesome, I love watching the pros do their thing.

tecknojoe
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Anyone that liked that vid would love Josh Hayes (current AMA champ). He consistently wins in ama, but in times like these, it's next to impossible to do without traction control. Donno how he does it, but he does.

FZRguy
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Cuz he's bad ass! :bow:

vort3xr6
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I actually LOVE low traction conditions. I feel at home having the bike slide and move. Maybe that's why I like supermoto so much.

Kiyonari is a BAUCE.

Slo
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Still one of my top 3 videos to watch.... insane.

Ghost
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I actually LOVE low traction conditions. I feel at home having the bike slide and move. Maybe that's why I like supermoto so much.

Kiyonari is a BAUCE.

I learned to love riding in the rain because even at low speeds and low lean angles you have to be more aware of everything, and you get more (it seems) feedback. Still, I'm never going to be that good, even if I went out in every storm or soaked the track before I went out.

There's a limit to my skill, and I'm realizing I'm at it.

mdub
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 01:26 PM
anyone can be that good. good tracks does not have the crap that public streets have. everytime i get caught in the rain i am straight up on turns...even just a bit of a lean i experience the pucker syndrome

tecknojoe
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 01:28 PM
anyone can be that good

Not

what he's doing goes far beyond track surface

mdub
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 01:31 PM
yes. if everyone has the opportunity as these guys do...and no..cause you feel you cant.

Ghost
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
yes. if everyone has the opportunity as these guys do...and no..cause you feel you cant.

Sure, if I had a personal trainer and chef to get me into his physical shape, and then I had unlimited practice time at the track, and an unlimited (essentially) budget for tires and bikes and feedback, then I might have been as good as him IF I started young enough, and if I had the underlying natural aptitude.

But, as it is, it's not just a state of mind, nor the track surface or tires, it's the result of an accumulation of skill that comes through rigorous training and practice, combined with natural talent. Even if I had his talent (and I don't) I lack the time he's been able to put into riding at that level, so no matter how much I can try to think myself into being that good, I never will be as I lack the skill, time, discipline and training that he has...it's not a negative, it's just a fact.

If everyone could do it, then everyone would do it...

vort3xr6
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Sure, if I had a personal trainer and chef to get me into his physical shape, and then I had unlimited practice time at the track, and an unlimited (essentially) budget for tires and bikes and feedback, then I might have been as good as him IF I started young enough, and if I had the underlying natural aptitude.

But, as it is, it's not just a state of mind, nor the track surface or tires, it's the result of an accumulation of skill that comes through rigorous training and practice, combined with natural talent. Even if I had his talent (and I don't) I lack the time he's been able to put into riding at that level, so no matter how much I can try to think myself into being that good, I never will be as I lack the skill, time, discipline and training that he has...it's not a negative, it's just a fact.

I have had this discussion many times.

Is talent a learned behavior or inherited? You look at Michael Jordan for example. They guy got cut from his high school basketball team and worked his ass off. I believe he is learned talent.

Rossi can hope on a washing machine and ride the coasters of it. That is inherited talent.

I believe you can get to similar levels through learned. Just takes the right person. Could I race motorcycles professionally? I believe I have a decent amount of natural talent and given unlimited time, money, and resources, I believe I could get to a professional level. Would I? Hell no. Cause I don't have time, money, or resources. lol

Ghost
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I have had this discussion many times.

Is talent a learned behavior or inherited? You look at Michael Jordan for example. They guy got cut from his high school basketball team and worked his ass off. I believe he is learned talent.

Rossi can hope on a washing machine and ride the coasters of it. That is inherited talent.

I believe you can get to similar levels through learned. Just takes the right person. Could I race motorcycles professionally? I believe I have a decent amount of natural talent and given unlimited time, money, and resources, I believe I could get to a professional level. Would I? Hell no. Cause I don't have time, money, or resources. lol

I basically agree, there's Talent (raw/natural) and Skill (learned/trained) and the best riders (or best at anything) have a combination of both, OR, if they lack one, they make up for it in the other.

The problem is, talent only takes you so far, then you need the the skill which comes from the time and effort put into training, yet without any natural ability you can train all you want and still suck.

As to racing, I know my talent and skill are definitely not equal to his, nor will they ever be, especially in the rain on a Superbike while trying to set a pole. :lol:

mdub
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 03:50 PM

dont forget attitude. its a very important factor. if your not set, why are you even thinking of throwing a leg on throttle sensitive 2 wheeler. i'm just writing for myself and I know my current abilities.

but yeah not everyone....and some should not even have a sport bike. what the fuck you gonna do envy and oggle.....sounds like fun.

tecknojoe
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 04:16 PM
hey HEY HEY!!!!

I said: Quit bitching at each other and watch!

:p

mdub
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM
lets enjoy this holiday season

http://sz0135.ev.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&id=199600&part=2.10

Ghost
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 04:50 PM
hey HEY HEY!!!!

I said: Quit bitching at each other and watch!

:p

No.