PDA

View Full Version : Higgs Boson Particle

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/12/12/has-god-particle-been-found-major-announcement-expected-tuesday/

hope they don't open the dimension where hellboy came from.

Zanatos
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Last time scientists at the Large Hadron Collider tried to create Higgs Boson particles, quarks and neutrinos were jumping through time and space to prevent it from happening. Nature seems to be doing everything it can to prevent it.

It kind of reminds me of the double slit experiment where light changes back and forth between a wave and a particle, depending on whether or not it's being watched. It seems like quantum phenomena like to use a lot of surprising and unlikely tricks to hide little secrets about the origins of the universe.

Did you see this recent article about scientists who used lasers to entangle diamonds and demonstrate "spooky action at a distance"?

http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/07/diamonds-entangled-in-physics-feat/?hpt=hp_bn2

Snowman
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Looks like just another way to lose weight...

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Nature seems to be doing everything it can to prevent it.

should leave it alone i say. someone or some entity really wants to know what will happen. there sure is alot of finance for the program.

Yes i have heard about the diamond manipulation. But what i got was all of the experiment boils down to is that diamonds could possible be use to store data. Like the article stated in the last sentence. But leave it to the imagination on what kind of data could be stored. Everything is all pre concieved and great minds are drooling of the possibilities.

Looks like just another way to lose weight...

hahahah....yep to oblivion.

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM
should leave it alone i say.

hahahah....yep to oblivion.

Meh, with that attitude we'd still be earth-bound and never have tried to fly, or explore the world, the oceans, or the universe around us.

If shit goes sideways and we end the world, or Hellboy visits, at least it'll make the 2012 doomsayers look less like idiots and more like prophets...

And, not to be a dick, but how is this "Misc Bike Talk"?

We getting TRON lightcycles out of this somehow? ;)

grim
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Meh, with that attitude we'd still be earth-bound and never have tried to fly, or explore the world, the oceans, or the universe around us.

If shit goes sideways and we end the world, or Hellboy visits, at least it'll make the 2012 doomsayers look less like idiots and more like prophets...

We getting TRON lightcycles out of this somehow? ;)

Motorcycle that goes the speed of light to transport through alter dimensions :dunno:

Snowman
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:26 PM
This particle is properly controlled could reduce the mass of an object. So yes flying motorcycles...

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM

thatsa right there is a non bike discusssion header here. just :cyber: away...Plus, it is such an interesting topic it would not matter where the folder would be....Good eye in paying attn to detail. :D I still have the lite cycle? i thought i was the booty hunter?

vort3xr6
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:38 PM
This particle is properly controlled could reduce the mass of an object. So yes flying motorcycles...

In my very limited understanding of quantum theory, mass is the only thing preventing the speed of light correct? Well not the only thing, but one of the main things. You still have propulsion, friction, gravity, etc.

GuitarX
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Let's hope this doesn't cause a "Flash Forward"...

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Let's hope this doesn't cause a "Flash Forward"...

OR...

http://cdn.babble.com/being-pregnant/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/groundhog_day.jpg

Don't drive angry...

grim
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:38 PM
OR...

http://cdn.babble.com/being-pregnant/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/groundhog_day.jpg

Don't drive angry...

I actually like that movie

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM

I had it on VHS ;)

cptschlongenheimer
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 04:10 PM

Anybody who doesn't should be kicked in the genitalia. :yes:

Zanatos
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 06:10 PM
One of the coolest things about the CSC is that there are so many engineers and people who appreciate science and technology.

Another cool thing about CSC is how people help each other out.

Cornfed
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Another cool thing about CSC is how people help each other out.

I hope that wasn't meant sarcastically. I think we do help each other when the call goes out.

Zanatos
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I hope that wasn't meant sarcastically. I think we do help each other when the call goes out.

Not sarcastic at all. CSC saved me more than $600 in home repairs last summer.

grim
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Yea there's a bunch of jokers but down to the nitty gritty everyone here is pretty cool in there own way