PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation

3D
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Looks pretty good. They added Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Bruce Willis. Hopefully the Trailer isn't better than the movie. (Like the 1st one)

http://youtu.be/bSX2oxLdcWA

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I dunno, the last one's trailer looked really good too, yet the movie managed to suck beyond even my low-ish expectations...

Still, it has Snake Eyes fighting ninjas on a cliffside, so maybe it's worth a look...

grim
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I dunno, the last one's trailer looked really good too, yet the movie managed to suck beyond even my low-ish expectations...

Still, it has Snake Eyes fighting ninjas on a cliffside, so maybe it's worth a look...

I was wondering when they were going to make a 2nd one isnt one of the bad guys the president now?

Edit: when i say bad guy i mean cobra

I`m Batman
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM

Ya... shouldn't they (Snake Eye) just take a few steps up and aim high and cut the bad guys ropes instead of trying to fight them? Just sayin...

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
one of the top bad guy is the kid from 3rd Rock from Sun show. been awhile since i saw movie. But is he the silver face character Death something...

salsashark
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Damn... aren't you all children of the 70/80's?!

Cobra Commander (The Doctor / Rex) is the "kid from 3rd Rock" - Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Destro is the silver face guy (James McCullen) - Christopher Eccleston
Zartan is under cover as the president - Arnold Vosloo
Baronness is rotting in jail as Anna - Sienna Miller

The movie sucked, but your lack of GI JOE knowledge truly blows! :lol:

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Ya... shouldn't they (Snake Eye) just take a few steps up and aim high and cut the bad guys ropes instead of trying to fight them? Just sayin...

That would be too smart, and not "honorable" enough for Snake Eyes, despite being a ninja he's a Joe and a "good guy" so he has to give the Cobra ninjas a chance--albeit not a very good one as he's a Main Character and they're just Random Bad Guys so we know it's not a fair fight...:D

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I remember i paid to see it on the big scrn. i like it. Cartoon was better

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Damn... aren't you all children of the 70/80's?!

Cobra Commander (The Doctor / Rex) is the "kid from 3rd Rock" - Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Destro is the silver face guy (James McCullen) - Christopher Eccleston
Zartan is under cover as the president - Arnold Vosloo
Baronness is rotting in jail as Anna - Sienna Miller

The movie sucked, but your lack of GI JOE knowledge truly blows! :lol:

And I doubt any of them ever had this:

http://www.blog.littyhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/gi-joe-aircraft-carrier.jpg

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:55 PM
since you brought that up...Battleship movie. have not seen the trailer, but already skeptic.

salsashark
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
And I doubt any of them ever had this:

http://www.blog.littyhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/gi-joe-aircraft-carrier.jpg

My best friend still has his. It's at his parents' house buried in the basement... and he's proud that he hung on to it and the terror drome. Unfortunately, all the guys met untimely demises due to a bb gun.

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
since you brought that up...Battleship movie. have not seen the trailer, but already skeptic.

It looks like it'll suck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDMXkPfxjOc

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 02:59 PM
:king:

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:01 PM
My best friend still has his. It's at his parents' house buried in the basement... and he's proud that he hung on to it and the terror drome. Unfortunately, all the guys met untimely demises due to a bb gun.

My rich cousin had it, I never did, but I've still got most of my action figures and some of the planes/toys buried in storage somewhere.

We had BB gun wars, but never with the Joes, just the bags of green army men. We did swap and mix N match Joes to make them "cooler" so some may not be in original condition (though you just have to take the screw out of their backs and swap them back as they were).

salsashark
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:06 PM
We did swap and mix N match Joes to make them "cooler" so some may not be in original condition (though you just have to take the screw out of their backs and swap them back as they were).

that's what happened to my joes... mix n matched them to death. I had a tank and the Cobra warthog, along with some small vehicles and a group of people, but was never that into them.

The only childhood toys I still have are at my parents' house. All of my legos got consolidated with my brother's and my brother-in-law's. My nephews love it because it's a huge bin. I think there are a couple of old transformers and maybe a tonka truck or two, but that's it.

Although, it might be interesting to go and crawl under the deck at their house and see what I could unearth... It would be a hasbro based archaeological dig!

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:08 PM
We had BB gun wars,

.....and luckily never lost an eye.

one of the last generations that played outside from dusk to dawn....remember playing so much you ran outta fuel and could not figure it out....oh i need some food to play some more.

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:16 PM
.....and luckily never lost an eye.

one of the last generations that played outside from dusk to dawn....remember playing so much you ran outta fuel and could not figure it out....oh i need some food to play some more.

Yeah, never lost an eye, not sure how that didn't happen. I've a scar on the bridge of my nose from one BB that broke skin at close range--obviously and thankfully missed my eyes (and didn't stop us from doing it again).

Winter or summer we were outside, playing with the Joes/Star Wars or just running around until dark--or slightly later if/when we could get away with it.

BB Gun wars, "jousting" on bicycles (how no one else up impaled is also beyond me), sledding down rock-strewn hills...things probably completely lost on the internet generation.

that's what happened to my joes... mix n matched them to death. I had a tank and the Cobra warthog, along with some small vehicles and a group of people, but was never that into them.

The only childhood toys I still have are at my parents' house. All of my legos got consolidated with my brother's and my brother-in-law's. My nephews love it because it's a huge bin. I think there are a couple of old transformers and maybe a tonka truck or two, but that's it.

Although, it might be interesting to go and crawl under the deck at their house and see what I could unearth... It would be a hasbro based archaeological dig!

All my Joes, Star Wars, Transformers and Legos got boxed and stored somewhere--not really sure where at this point. My Tonkas all went to my nephew since they were sitting on shelves in my parent's garage and he was "borrowing" them anyway. Old Tonkas, most were metal.

I keep thinking I'll go find them and either put them on geek display or else eBay them, but I think it's easier to just let them sit in their boxes for now--otherwise I'd break them out and spend weekends recapturing lost youth and days spent running around the yard...or something.... :lol:

Right now, IF I had a spare $400 (or someone who really has no clue what to get me for Xmas/BDay) I'd get....this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcUnvh12K6U

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Right now, IF I had a spare $400 you want 400 bucks worth of legos or what he made. i'm thinking the latter.

i would put towards an after market can from Taylor Made

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM
you want 400 bucks worth of legos or what he made. i'm thinking the latter.

i would put towards an after market can from Taylor Made

There's also the $2000
LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVMl-1Ieoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKcEmiDwu9g
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ultimate-Collectors-Millennium-Falcon/dp/B000WLW3W0

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:31 PM
a giant dust collector. okay to each his own....just like the black panther fist paper weight.

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:39 PM
a giant dust collector. okay to each his own....just like the black panther fist paper weight.

Thing is, that Millennium Falcon was $259 or $299 new, now it's 10x that...

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:41 PM
crazee collector

Ghost
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:45 PM
crazee collector

Anything that says "Star Wars" instantly multiples the "value" by 10, and lots of nerdly/geeky children are now making mad money as adults so throwing $2k away for a toy (er...Collectible) is NBD...

Sadly, I am not in that boat.

mdub
Tue Dec 13th, 2011, 03:48 PM
funny thing i'm married to one....hehehehehe