PDA

View Full Version : Rossi preps like a man

tecknojoe
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 09:35 AM
He built a course for flat tracking in his yard to prep for next season. Inadvertently admits American racers are gangster

stolen from another forum
http://2wheeltuesday.com/2011/12/motogp-valentino-rossi-builds-flat-track-in-backyard-to-prepare-for-2012-season/

http://2wheeltuesday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Valentino_Rossi_Dirt_Track2-300x186.jpg

FZjake719
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Awesome.... In all honesty, Rossi could use the practice. Dont get me wrong, he's an amazingly talented rider, but he doesnt appear to have the control over the bike of other riders, Casey Stoner for instance. Stoner man-handles that thing around the track, and is an absolute blast to watch ride, even if he rides for a team im not all that fond of. And, moreso, his style and abilities obviously work, given the simple fact most of his wins were acheived seconds ahead of second place. Is it time for the '11 season yet? dammit!?

Grand
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I just wanna see more spies, really.

FZjake719
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I just wanna see more spies, really.

YESSS!!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Awesome.... In all honesty, Rossi could use the practice. Dont get me wrong, he's an amazingly talented rider, but he doesnt appear to have the control over the bike of other riders, Casey Stoner for instance. Stoner man-handles that thing around the track, and is an absolute blast to watch ride, even if he rides for a team im not all that fond of. And, moreso, his style and abilities obviously work, given the simple fact most of his wins were acheived seconds ahead of second place. Is it time for the '11 season yet? dammit!?
Couple things:
1. The Ducati, in present form, sucks.
2. Casey has always been good at riding the traction control systems, and the Ducati, when he won on it, had the best in addition to the most power by far. Now, the Honda is the best, as evidenced by all the top runners riding the Honda. Take away the TC as Rossi advocated, and Stoner would be right back where he was in the early years. Granted, he's definately gotten better, but on anything near equal machinery, Rossi would smoke him like an OWS protester on a blunt.

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Couple things:
2. Casey has always been good at riding the traction control systems, and the Ducati, when he won on it, had the best in addition to the most power by far. Now, the Honda is the best, as evidenced by all the top runners riding the Honda. Take away the TC as Rossi advocated, and Stoner would be right back where he was in the early years. Granted, he's definately gotten better, but on anything near equal machinery, Rossi would smoke him like an OWS protester on a blunt.
Very, very true.

FZjake719
Thu Dec 15th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Couple things:

I agree, Rossi is an amazing rider, but the ability to adapt to your bike and it's characeteristics also define a great rider, IMHO. Casey can do that.

Im a Rossi fan, through and through, I simply think he's not vibing with the Duc like he did on the Honda and Yamaha in the past. He was nowhere near as close to the front of the pack as i thought he'd be, which was dissapointing to me.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Dec 15th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I agree, Rossi is an amazing rider, but the ability to adapt to your bike and it's characeteristics also define a great rider, IMHO. Casey can do that.

Im a Rossi fan, through and through, I simply think he's not vibing with the Duc like he did on the Honda and Yamaha in the past. He was nowhere near as close to the front of the pack as i thought he'd be, which was dissapointing to me.
To put things in perspective:
Rossi:
1 125cc title
1 250cc title
1 500cc title
1 1000cc MotoGP title
3 800cc MotoGP titles

Titles riding for: Aprilia, Honda, Yamaha

Now, who's the most versatile rider again? :)

FZjake719
Fri Dec 16th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I know his GP track record man. You're not comprehending what im saying lol

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Dec 16th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I know his GP track record man. You're not comprehending what im saying lol
Guess my point was that Rossi "adapted" to far more different bikes (both in 2-stroke and 4-stroke in 4 different engine sizes), and won championships on them than Casey has, or likely ever will, so I guess I didn't understand how you could claim otherwise. Casey has only won 2, in 800cc 4-stroke only, and both times on the best bike. Am I missing something? :)

FZjake719
Mon Dec 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM

Bold section refers to his dirt track style technique, his seemingly effortless control over the bike, and quite literally how fun he is to watch ride.

And as i've said, time and time again, Im not saying Stoner is a better rider than Rossi, simply saying he sure as hell seems a LOT more at home on and used to the Honda, something time and practice will hopefully bring Rossi on the Duc. :up: