PDA

View Full Version : custom seats

lytehouse
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has heard of or had a seat done by "Bitchin Stitchin" in Lakewood?
I love my FZ1, but the stock seat is not the most comfortable and I'd like to fix that.
Any info is greatly appreciated.

Brenda

aerofaze
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Hi, Brenda, my Duc's seat was done by those guys. Excellent shaving and reupholstering job. After 20,000mi+, the stitching is still intact and looks great. From what I understand, those guys are on the pricey side, but in my case the dealership had paid for it (as a female with legs on the short side, I had told the dealership that I'd only buy the bike if they could get me to fit on it at no cost to me, so they covered the $200 to shave the top and the sides). I've endured long trips on it as well as expected.

But if you're looking for more options, I had my dad's SV650 seat shaved and reupholstered by Alex West in Aurora (http://gowestseats.com/gowestmain.html). Happy about the job she did, and it was super affordable compared to BitchNStitchn. I know of at least two other members on this forum who have used her services.

oh10raven
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I had the passenger seat on my R1 reupholstered, shaved and a gel piece inserted by Bitchin Stitchin and he did a great job. I thought it was a little expensive, but in the end I was happy with the work. Its held up great and made my girlfriend much more comfortable while riding two up.

Sully
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I've heard Corbin's are very comfy seats :eyebrows: lol

Grand
Wed Dec 14th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Oh man, I'll have to check these guys out. Now I can get all the gaudy 80s banana seats I want.

lytehouse
Fri Dec 16th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Thank you all for the info.

Now comes the hard part.....deciding!