PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon Federal Credit Union

Ninja2
Thu Dec 15th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Great APRs for new and used car purchases through PenFed: https://www.penfed.org/index.asp

Even if you are not a military ID card holder or retiree you can open an account by making a one-time donation to the National Military Family Assn or Voices for America's troops.

If you qualify, you can get an APR for as low as 1.49% for up to 48 mths or 1.99% for up to 60 mths for a new or used car purchase.
Make sure to use their car buying website, which they will provide once you open an account. You can search for cars and dealers through it. You can even see a free Carfax report for that particular vehicle.

The site then provides a certificate, which will allow you to qualify for the rates above.

Potential drawback: No branch in CO.

PenFed :up:

Aracheon
Thu Dec 15th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I love PenFed. :)

aerofaze
Thu Dec 15th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Even if you are not a military ID card holder or retiree you can open an account by making a one-time donation to the National Military Family Assn or Voices for America's troops.

Damn, I didn't know that! I saw the super-low rates online for PenFed but didn't know that I would've qualified if I donated. Oh well, I ended up at US Bank for my 3-yr, pre-owned car loan at 2.66% instead.

So, Ninja2, does that mean you found a car?

Ninja2
Thu Dec 15th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Yup. Got a new hooptie. Will send you some pics later.

The donation is as low as $15 or $20.

Ghost
Thu Dec 15th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I've used PenFed since forever, even though they're not in CO they're fantastic and you can't beat their rates.

CraigB
Thu Dec 15th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I love PenFed. :)

way cooler than the Fed Pen. sorry, i couldn't help myself.

Aracheon
Thu Dec 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM
way cooler than the Fed Pen. sorry, i couldn't help myself.

That was pretty bad.

CraigB
Thu Dec 15th, 2011, 12:23 PM
That was pretty bad.

yeah, i know. it was like a bad burp. you know it's going to stink but you can't hold it in regardless.

thaitanic
Sat Dec 17th, 2011, 12:04 AM
ped fed closed colo spgs branch. if you want branch CU try navy cu they have branch in Aurora