PDA

View Full Version : 95 YZF600 2nd Gear problem

Player 2
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Anyone on the boards willing to help fix a '95 YZF600 2nd gear problem (2nd gear slipping)? I've been quoted around $1200 in the shops. It's around 10 hours labor so I know it can be done for LOTS cheaper if we can manage to bust it out ourselves.

I'm not using the bike but am either looking to fix it so my buddy can use it as a trade-in OR sell it here on the forums as a fixer upper to someone looking for a cheap bike. (would let it go for $1k)

Anyways, hit me up if you're able to assist or have an opinion on how I should handle it.

Anonymous
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Would just sell it as-is unless you intend to ride it, that is a lot of work just to sell it.

Alternatively I think TFOG can do tranny work cheaper, don't quote me on that however.

Player 2
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 04:05 PM
TFOG quoted $1200 today ;)

I'd definitely prefer to sell as-is if anyone's interested. I'll have to put together another post with pics detailing the minor probs aside from the tranny.

Anonymous
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Also post it on the MRA classifieds, that'd make a great track bike for an aspiring racer...

Player 2
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Hate to ask but got a link to the classifieds?

Anonymous
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 05:28 PM
www.mra-racing.org

You'll see the classifieds link on there.

Player 2
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Thanks! Still learning my way around.... this is about the only bike forum/site I frequent.