PDA

View Full Version : Go west, young man!

Sean
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Well kids, just thought I'd let you know that I'm leaving the area. Angela and I are moving out near Glenwood Springs next week. So if I don't go on rides or offer to lend a hand at something, it's not just out of pure selfishness, there's also a legit reason in there somewhere. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll still check in, but probably not as much. Somebody has to keep the evil mods in line (Rybo :slap: )!

So if you guys and gals are out on the western slope, stop in and I'll buy ya a beer! I hear that there are a few good roads out there? :dunno:
http://www.mongabay.com/images/indonesia/sulawesi/sulawesi7524.JPG

asp_125
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I hear there's a few twisty roads and some without pavement too. Good luck out there.

Clovis
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Dude that's not far at all! You're practically right along the Black Canyon 500 route!

sloridr
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Damn Sean I never got to enjoy your company and a cold beer!!! Well Sir good luck out there. I'll just have to ride over and take you up on your offer.

Ghost
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Million Dollar Highway (US 550)?

GL man!

Matty
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 06:46 PM
good luck to you and Angela....

rforsythe
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 06:56 PM
What brings you to Glenwood?

~Barn~
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Glenwood Springs, eh? I hope one of you is becoming Mayor, or Postmaster General, or something....

Nick_Ninja
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Good Luck :up:

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Good Luck mang! Check in often, we'll miss the crap outta ya!

derekm
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 08:41 PM
nice, Ive done a few svc calls out that way & love it, esp the gypsum area!

Sean
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys. Like I said, I'm not totally leaving the board (what would you do without my brilliance and wit?) just doing a little relocating. I'll still share my fast knowledge of absolutely nothing, whenever I can. :up:

Damn Sean I never got to enjoy your company and a cold beer!!! Well Sir good luck out there. I'll just have to ride over and take you up on your offer.Doors always open, my friend!

Million Dollar Highway (US 550)?Check out the Grand Mesa Scenic Byway (HWY 65). :rock:

What brings you to Glenwood?We'll actually be in Rifle, 20 miles west of Glenwood Springs. Angela is from that area, so she has family out there. We are just ready for a slower, smaller life. And if nothing, it'll be that. Lots of good V-Strom riding out there if your interested in swinging by?

Glenwood Springs, eh? I hope one of you is becoming Mayor, or Postmaster General, or something....Family, much more important.

FZRguy
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Plenty of great riding out that way. Good luck!

Wrider
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Nice man, just so you know one of the top Ortho surgeons in the country works out of the hospital (brand new and very nice) you'll have near you. Hopefully you'll never need his services, but he is there.

Best of luck!

OUTLAWD
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 08:34 AM
good for you man...safe travels

rforsythe
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 09:08 AM
We'll actually be in Rifle, 20 miles west of Glenwood Springs. Angela is from that area, so she has family out there. We are just ready for a slower, smaller life. And if nothing, it'll be that. Lots of good V-Strom riding out there if your interested in swinging by?

Very much so. We keep talking about moving west to the hills too. I grew up on a small horse ranch in Elbert County about 30 min east of Parker, and spent many years quite happy with the "slower smaller" life. I still haven't adjusted to being pissing distance from my neighbors, and really want my kids to experience life outside of suburbia. Believe me, I'm jealous.

RajunCajun
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Best of luck to you, Sean!!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 09:33 AM
congrats sean...best of luck! hopefully we'll still be able to ride together.

dirkterrell
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Good luck you two. That's more my style of living too.

bodhizafa
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Closer to Moab and Fruita !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninja2
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Sean and Angela, I wish you all the best. I have Angela's number. I hope it remains the same. I will let you know if/when I am in the area.

cdbouncer
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Good Luck!!!!!

Sean
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM
good for you man...safe travelsSince both of us are out of the area, I wonder if they'll just shut down the CSC? :viking:

Very much so. We keep talking about moving west to the hills too. I grew up on a small horse ranch in Elbert County about 30 min east of Parker, and spent many years quite happy with the "slower smaller" life. I still haven't adjusted to being pissing distance from my neighbors, and really want my kids to experience life outside of suburbia. Believe me, I'm jealous.You must really be able to pee a long way? :lol: We are looking forward to it as well. The only downside is being far from the conveniences that we've been accustomed too. But I think we'll adjust. :)

Closer to Moab and Fruita !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rock:

Sean and Angela, I wish you all the best. I have Angela's number. I hope it remains the same. I will let you know if/when I am in the area. :up: Yup, should stay the same. Drop a line anytime!

grim
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Its only 2 hours away maybe when it warms up ill drive the wife and kid that way and we can all grab some lunch. its pretty there!

asp_125
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Since both of us are out of the area, I wonder if they'll just shut down the CSC? :viking:..

Well it IS the Colorado Sportbike Club, I suppose we'll have to put up with you a bit longer. ;)

Sean
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Its only 2 hours away maybe when it warms up ill drive the wife and kid that way and we can all grab some lunch. its pretty there!:up: Or, you have my number if you're on a long trip and need to stop on the way there/back.

Well it IS the Colorado Sportbike Club, I suppose we'll have to put up with you a bit longer. ;)Damn, I always thought is was the Colorado SEAN Club? :p

bodhizafa
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Maybe start up a western slope CSC division?

rforsythe
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM
You must really be able to pee a long way? :lol: We are looking forward to it as well. The only downside is being far from the conveniences that we've been accustomed too. But I think we'll adjust. :)

It's an adjustment for sure, but you get used to stocking up on things a bit longer and enjoying life in that environment.

Sean
Thu Jan 12th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Just an update. Angela and I are out on the western slope now and it's great! The people are REALLY friendly, there's no traffic, I don't have to listen to a busy street outside of my bedroom window, things more slow and our new place is actually nicer than our old one! It's been a little cold here so I haven't been out riding, but there is TONS of riding in every direction. So far we are really happy with the move.

Here's what I look at while drinking coffee. I know Boulder has the flatirons, but this isn't to bad. Plus, you can ride to the top of it! :rock:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/photo-2.jpg

sloridr
Thu Jan 12th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Thats a great view to wake up too! Imagine it all lush and green come spring... I'm diggin it.

RajunCajun
Thu Jan 12th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Just an update. Angela and I are out on the western slope now and it's great! The people are REALLY friendly, there's no traffic, I don't have to listen to a busy street outside of my bedroom window, things more slow and our new place is actually nicer than our old one! It's been a little cold here so I haven't been out riding, but there is TONS of riding in every direction. So far we are really happy with the move.

Here's what I look at while drinking coffee. I know Boulder has the flatirons, but this isn't to bad. Plus, you can ride to the top of it! :rock:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/photo-2.jpg

Great View!! I’m jealous, Sean! I’m from a small po-dunk town in south Louisiana and really miss the lesser complicated country life. I love being close to a big city but would rather not live in one. Being single makes it hard to have a good time in those smaller towns,,,, less,,, opportunity, lol! I can definitely see myself moving to a smaller mountain town if I ever settle down and start a family. I guess for me, employment out there would be the only issue. You are lucky, my friend!

salsashark
Thu Jan 12th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Yep... definitely a bit jelly.

McVaaahhh
Thu Jan 12th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Congrats Sean, looks great!

Sean
Thu Jan 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Being single makes it hard to have a good time in those smaller towns,,,, less,,, opportunity, lol! I can definitely see myself moving to a smaller mountain town if I ever settle down and start a family. I guess for me, employment out there would be the only issue. You are lucky, my friend! Yes, being single here would suck. Let's just say that my head isn't spinning around looking at all of the hottie's. And yes, there is a lot less opportunity. Comprimises have been made with the priority of quality of life, being the over-riding factor. But that's okay. Quality of life is pretty important to me.

Now I just need to save up for a closet full of camo and a big ol' pick-up! :silly:

cptschlongenheimer
Thu Jan 12th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Wow.
Just saw this thread.
Congrats and good luck bro!
We swing through that way a few times a year. I'll buzz ya next time I'm out there.

Sean
Thu Jan 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM
We swing through that way a few times a year. I'll buzz ya next time I'm out there. :up: