PDA

View Full Version : offically a noob

AOK303
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Was getting my bike from Jim at Tfog Which looked brand new, made it 4 feet from the curb and slide on the slush and went down. Just damage to the plastics on the right , and pride a lil but ill end up re-having Jim fix it

I just feel stupid, saw the conditions as i went in but didnt think it would be 3inches of slush, I was only going about 2mph at most but Rear end peeled around and down tried to catch with my food and it just slipped in the slush, only had to make it through 30 feet and the rest of the way home there is no snow or slush on any turn.... oi

Anyone ever have two claims on there bike in one year ? kinda afraid the insurance will pay then drop me as a liability. policy runs to April and only one ticket in last 3 years which was in my car

mdub
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 06:02 PM
ultimate suckfest. not i.

being where you live, hopefully your insurance understands. last claimed i had was paid, but then time to renew , progressive almost tripled my insurance annual cost. went hunting, found insurance that would insure me for what i was used to paying.

Sully
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 06:03 PM
If you are hesitant to make another claim, check on CL or e-bay for spare parts instead :)

tecknojoe
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 07:08 PM
List the damage or post a pic. I highly doubt you have enough damage to make it worth it to make a second claim on it.

gsxridiot
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 07:21 PM
aw man, that totally bites it
sorry to hear that

vort3xr6
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Be careful about multiple claims. It will screw you for years on rates. I am still paying for my claims.

AOK303
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 11:10 PM
It's front cowel, side and tail. My agent will call and talk to see if it will effect or not and then ill make the call. I'm just stuck in that wtf status about it. And it just confirms I'm a 9 months out of the year rider Oi love the snow in the car no bueno on the bike

johne303
Tue Dec 27th, 2011, 11:52 PM
wow, again :scream2:

Slo
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Damn dude that sucks, I was there a week ago and thought the bike looked familiar.

vort3xr6
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM
It's front cowel, side and tail. My agent will call and talk to see if it will effect or not and then ill make the call. I'm just stuck in that wtf status about it. And it just confirms I'm a 9 months out of the year rider Oi love the snow in the car no bueno on the bike

It's not the short term rates that get affected. Long term you won't be able to get a lower rate or switch insurance companies.

AOK303
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 11:24 AM
So i talked with State Farm the First since i was not on the bike does not count against me so i am going through with this Claim, and yea it will affect my insurance a bit but she said not that much,

Yeah Jay it sucked Jim made my bike look brand new and bam Ruined wont be ridding with any type of snow on the road

mdub
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah Jay it sucked Jim made my bike look brand new and bam Ruined wont be ridding with any type of snow on the road

Least you were not the 19 yr old ..... yrs ago who adamantly wanted an R1 at Gran Prix . The sales person was trying to talk him out of it. Kid wanted it and dad said give it to him. Kid rides out towards county line and loses control....Wreck'd brand new....Ouch...

AOK303
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Least you were not the 19 yr old ..... yrs ago who adamantly wanted an R1 at Gran Prix . The sales person was trying to talk him out of it. Kid wanted it and dad said give it to him. Kid rides out towards county line and loses control....Wreck'd brand new....Ouch...

OUch

I just feel super noobish was very careful all year did about 10k this april to oct kept telling everyone no i wouldn't want to risk riding in snow or over heavy graveled roads and i didn't even get down the block from the shop in exactly the conditions i said i wouldn't ride in

But first accident in about 10 years, if i dont count the bad pavement at parkmeadows mall incident

bornwildnfree
Wed Dec 28th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Hehe don't feel too bad. I dropped mine in gravel and punched a pin hole in the stator cover. It happens. Wanna go ride dirt with me? It'll help.

enabler118
Fri Dec 30th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I took my Ninja out to run some errands today, and while trying to park it in the garage hit some slush and went down.

That stuff is evil. My new rule? Ride when it's dry.

My poor bike :( at least it's winter though, so I can save up...

Left side mirror, plastics and turn signal need replaced, generator cover scratched to hell, and clutch lever is bent. I am arbitrarily guessing 600-1000$ to fix.

Poor yoshimi... :(

Slo
Fri Dec 30th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I took my Ninja out to run some errands today, and while trying to park it in the garage hit some slush and went down.

That stuff is evil. My new rule? Ride when it's dry.

My poor bike :( at least it's winter though, so I can save up...

Left side mirror, plastics and turn signal need replaced, generator cover scratched to hell, and clutch lever is bent. I am arbitrarily guessing 600-1000$ to fix.

Poor yoshimi... :(

What year and model zx? i have the 2011 zx10r complete plastics and all....

enabler118
Fri Dec 30th, 2011, 08:19 PM
What year and model zx? i have the 2011 zx10r complete plastics and all....

it's an '11 650r, I don't think those'll work, but thanks!

stubbicatt
Sat Dec 31st, 2011, 06:08 AM
Sorry that happened dude. Look at it this way, it has to get better!

Yesterday rode to work. The road was generally clear, and wet in spots, with that slippery mag chloride residue on the road, and on the exit from Valley Highway South (f/k/a "the I") onto 225, there was a huge patch of ice surrounding an expansion joint on the bridge.

I left serious pinch marks on my seat when I traversed that unwelcome surface blemish.