PDA

View Full Version : are there any bike shops open today? 1/2/12

madvlad
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
So long story short, my cousin ran into my bike new years eve. Any shops that you guys know open so I can take it in for an insurance estimate today?

Also does anyone have a set of ramps I can borrow so I can put it in the truck? I will be compensating with a 6 pack of beer or something. Bike still runs and can ride it but have a small leak coming out of the clutch cover so don't want to risk it.

sloridr
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Damn that sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. But I don't know of any shops open on Monday. Except maybe TFOG. Jim May be open today, he just did AOK303 CBR1000 insurance thingy. GL

madvlad
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Damn that sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. But I don't know of any shops open on Monday. Except maybe TFOG. Jim May be open today, he just did AOK303 CBR1000 insurance thingy. GL

Yea bro tell me about it, I didn't get knocked down by the crazy wind all day and start the new year by having my bike damaged.

mastap07
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
suck main!

Repsol a095
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Hey mad, you are welcome to come over and borrow some ramps from me. I would hit up David over at 303. Let me know if you would like the ramps, and I will PM you the info.

Titus
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
I've got a ramp you can borrow, I'm in Lone Tree right behind the park meadows mall. Txt me at 303-910-3020

madvlad
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
I thought 303 only did tires... heard they even wont do oil changes now.

tecknojoe
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 11:31 AM
I'm also in lone tree and i have one ramp if you're still looking

more importantly, where are we going to bury your cousin's body?

madvlad
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 11:38 AM
I'm also in lone tree and i have one ramp if you're still looking

more importantly, where are we going to bury your cousin's body?

Patrick is going to let me borrow his bro but thanks for the offer guys... I argued with her over a couple minutes then realized it was pointless. Just the fact that she neglected to tell me she ran into it and had my uncle go out and help her pick the bike up and put it back like nothing happened, just shows me she wont even pay for the damages. Just gonna cut my loss and move on, kids these days are ridiculous and irresponsable. No point on wasting my energy there as I have better shit to worry about.

mastap07
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
you are still a kid lol

madvlad
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Yea a kid with 2 jobs and pays his own bills lol... unlike these other kids.

grim
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Patrick is going to let me borrow his bro but thanks for the offer guys... I argued with her over a couple minutes then realized it was pointless. Just the fact that she neglected to tell me she ran into it and had my uncle go out and help her pick the bike up and put it back like nothing happened, just shows me she wont even pay for the damages. Just gonna cut my loss and move on, kids these days are ridiculous and irresponsable. No point on wasting my energy there as I have better shit to worry about.

Screw that man just cause they are family doesnt mean shit if you know for a fact she hit it and there are marks on her car I'd file a report and make her Insurance pay for it!

mastap07
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:52 PM
grims onto somethin....

TFOGGuys
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
I would normally be there, but I'm out doing family stuff today. My mechanic assistant MAY be there, tearing down the top end on his dirt bike.

tecknojoe
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Tell her and her dad the total amount when you find out tomorrow. I'm sure they'll be blown away when they realize how much damage they caused

when I was a little shithead, I had a job. Worked my ass off for everything I got, and I was held accountable for what I did. damn kids these days

madvlad
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Just got a call from my uncle and he is making her pay for it so well at least my day got a bit better.

Clovis
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Take some pics of your bike so we can see the damage. If it's just a bent clutch and leaking brake fluid from the reservoir that's an easy fix.

Did he just knock it over or was he riding it? Any plastic damage?

Either wise it sucks Damir, I'm truly sorry!

stubbicatt
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
Bro. So sorry this is happening.

madvlad
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Take some pics of your bike so we can see the damage. If it's just a bent clutch and leaking brake fluid from the reservoir that's an easy fix.

Did he just knock it over or was he riding it? Any plastic damage?

Either wise it sucks Damir, I'm truly sorry!

The bike is at the garage where I store it, not with me. I'll take pics when I take her in for the estimate. The bike was parked, she was probably on her phone and wasn't paying attention or some shit and knocked it over. You can see the scratches on her car when she hit it. I'm just glad they're paying for it after all, I've been working my ass off about 170 hours every two weeks and saving up for a well earned vacation that I truly need before I go into crazy mode. If they weren't paying all that saved up cash would've gone into fixing her and I could've kissed my vacation bye bye.

Bro. So sorry this is happening.

Its all good, just like I was telling Patrick and james is that I am not mad about the fact that the bike got tipped over cause its a fix and that's that, but about the fact they couldn't tell me and that she wasn't responsible enough to face the music but instead she had my uncle and aunt help her hide her fuck up. That's extremely disrespectful mainly from my own family who I do nothing but help and say they love me.

madvlad
Wed Jan 4th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Just dropped the bike off at GPM though not my shop of preference but since its very convenient being right down the street from my work just decided to go there. We'll see what the hit is once they call back

Mother Goose
Wed Jan 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I have some random R1 parts, if you need anything. I just moved, so some stuff I ended up throwing away.

madvlad
Wed Jan 4th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Pm sent

madvlad
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Got the call this afternoon on the estimate and a whooping $3,300 total... hopefully they wont total me cause I'm going to be sad as hell

longrider
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
If you are not involving your insurance then totaling is not an issue. Even if insurance is involved I would not be too worried at $3300 damage on an '07 R1

mdub
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 05:41 PM
hopefully they wont total me cause I'm going to be sad as hell

Maybe. It is a Yamaha. JK.

They should not.

When i low sided my 03 6rr. It was about the same. I luck out too. Oscar Fay Meyers wanted to replace my swing - arm. I go why? Tech goes see this little nick here. The agent and I stared at it. the agent goes if you don't want to replace it you wont have to pay for your 500 deductilble. I go hellz ya.....So i did not pay one red cent. Just had to wait about a month til i got the bike back. And they did a good job.

madvlad
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 05:46 PM
If you are not involving your insurance then totaling is not an issue. Even if insurance is involved I would not be too worried at $3300 damage on an '07 R1

Oh insurance is coming into play. I don't have $3,300 to drop on my bike and if I did I have better things to spend money on to be honest. We'll see what their insurance says

longrider
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I didn't think about their insurance, I was just thinking of yours and you said that she was going to pay for it. I am still not too worried as a liability claim is usually a lot easier as they just want to make you happy (within reason) It is when the claim is under your collision coverage that it can be a pain.

madvlad
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Farmers called me up, they're sending someone out to GPM tomorrow and looking over the estimate to make a decision on whether to fix it or total it so we'll see. Theyve been very good about the whole thing so at least it hasnt been stressful.

mdub
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 07:56 PM
well the 2012's are pretty sweet.

madvlad
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 07:59 PM
well the 2012's are pretty sweet.

Cant afford a new bike lol, dont like the new body styles of most makes to be honest.

mdub
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 08:08 PM
oh i see what you mean

http://imageshand.yamahamotors.com/img.jpg?id=14479&class=med640

yamaha still has those front turn signals sticking out

tecknojoe
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM
oh i see what you mean

http://imageshand.yamahamotors.com/img.jpg?id=14479&class=med640

yamaha still has those front turn signals sticking out

:lol: comonson, that's a 1 hour mod

Clovis
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I don't think they'll total it, but if they do here's another 07 R1 for $7500

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/2734413706.html

You might be happier with a much cheaper FZ1.
98% of the R1's power but cheaper insurance and way more comfortable.

2008 for $6k
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/2758482508.html

2009 for $4800 - it's been on CL for at least 2 months so you could probably steal it for $4500. He dropped it and it has some very minor scrapes to the front cowling.
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2760036493.html

madvlad
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I love the sound of the thing but not feeling the look of it.... We'll see what they say first and go from there... I may even do Yamaha a dirty and go back to my roots and get me another VFR800 hehehe

Clovis
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I know what you mean. The FZ6 took awhile to wear on me. For me, it handles better then my R1 did.

madvlad
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I know what you mean. The FZ6 took awhile to wear on me. For me, it handles better then my R1 did.

Yea, I like the FZ1 stance wise but that torque factor and the rumble is missing lol. The R1 I love as I always wanted one and the body lines are clean but I did 450 miles one sunday and holy mother of God my back and my hands were screaming for help. A sport tourer is definitely in the works if they decide to total it.

Clovis
Mon Jan 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM
The FZ is a great jack of all trades bike and it's going to have that same raw power feel of torque as your R1.

The comfort is significant. On my R1 after 200-300 miles I was ready for it to be over. On the few 500+ mile days I did on the R1 I was fantasizing about being off the bike.

On the FZ6, especially with my new sheep skin cover and some extra butt padding I don't get fatiqued and the only limiting factor is daylight.

I do want to get a full on dedicated sport tourer this season though (an Yamaha FJR). Mainly for 2 up with Mrs. Clovis and I really, really want to ride to California.

mdub
Tue Jan 10th, 2012, 11:52 AM
:lol: comonson, that's a 1 hour mod

yeah i know kid....

madvlad
Wed Jan 18th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Well Farmers finally mailed my check to fix the bike yesterday, GPM ordered the parts and is under way with the work too. Hopefully she'll be out and about soon and with no back ordered parts issues.

madvlad
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Month and half finally picked up my bike today, runs and looks like new. I missed her lol

mastap07
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 09:29 AM
congrats! now you just need to learn where to park that thing now lol