PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Impala SS

FZRguy
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Good story about an old car.

http://www.wimp.com/dadscar/

madvlad
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
That's pretty sweet, kudos to the guys for sticking with it.

Sparker
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
When i first saw the commercial on tv I thought it was for a Bayer ad, haha. when the guy grabed his chest i thought he was having a heart attack.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Pretty cool...

My brother and I have been looking for my dads old pickup. 77 Ford highboy. Same color as a school bus. Like in the video we have been one step behind it for the past 2 years.

Anyone see a bright yellow/orange Ford in Colorado? lol Its been around but was last in Elbert County.

mastap07
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 01:10 PM
pretty neat story. my co worker (whos 65) has his first car ever, all original 1964 impala SS 2 door coupe with the 409 in it and it only has 68,000 miles..... he was luky enough to hang onto his but very cool car.

Ghost
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Cool story (sponsored by Chevy). I can empathize with the sentiment, and I'd like to get my Z28 back someday--assuming it's not been wrapped around a tree or rolled into a ditch by now.

MRA 32
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 06:47 PM
I have a similar but different story: My mom and dad bought a '73 Mustang Grande that was copper with the white vinyl top, powered by a 351C. They bought it new and had it until '84 when my brother was born. We couldn't fit me, my sister, and brother in the back seat so my dad traded it on something bigger. My dad has said that it was one of his biggest mistakes in life. When I was turning 16 we started looking for an old Mustang for me in 1990 and we saw a '73 in a parking lot for sale that looked identical to the one they had. When we looked at it up close; there was a funny looking scratch on the back bumper (my mom made that scratch on their wedding night with her suitcase). We double checked the VIN and it was a match. So my dad bought it (for a 2nd time) and I have had the car ever since. The car is still all original except for the Cragar SS wheels and this last summer I put a new intake manifold and Holley 4-barrel on it.

rfranks303
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 07:56 PM
^^^ Thats awsome.
When I was eleven my dad bought us a 74 amc javelin 304. When he passed just under a year later we had 8 or so cars that had to be sold off. The javelin went to my uncle for $500 and a promise I would get it back. After a few years he could no longer be kept on the road because when you could find parts the were expensive as hell (before the INTERNET). I've been towing the car around and working on it piece by piece for 6 years. I know it's not as cool as losing and finding it but I think I would live in that car before I let it go.

FZRguy
Tue Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:53 AM
I would like to have my 1967 convertible Firebird back too. It had air cond, elect top, factory mag wheels and 326 with a powerglide trans. I always wanted a '69 Z28 302 tho.

stubbicatt
Tue Jan 3rd, 2012, 05:03 AM
Parents have an all original 64 Ford Falcon 260 convertible w/ 4 speed standard transmission they bought in 1964. Not as popular as a Mustang, but still pretty neat. The carburettor needs refurbishment.

They resisted the temptations to upgrade or improve it over the years. Sometimes they drive it in parades and the like hereabouts.

Clovis
Tue Jan 3rd, 2012, 05:44 AM
I wonder sometimes whatever happened to my old talon TSi awd.

95 red body with a black top, all wheel drive.

I sold it in 05 or 06 to a guy in Aurora. he found my ad on DSM trader and showed up with a flatbed and envolope full of cash. It was fun car but they star to break stuff when you get them running quick.

DSM, turning ordinary people into mechanics since 1989.

ChrisCBX
Tue Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:02 AM
My original car was a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 with added on 6 Pack carbs and pistol grip shifter. I owned it for many years in Ohio before selling it in Texas. Years later a buddy of mine in Arizona finds the car at a Scottsdale muscle car auction. He wanted me to buy it back but I didn't. I was a 100% motorcycle guy by then.

Scatterbrain
Tue Jan 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Good story. I like it.