View Full Version : Ridiculous HS basketball fouls

Think
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6v-bW6wxoY&feature=player_embedded

Ezzzzy1
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 08:34 PM
#34 can suck it!

Good on the Highland team/coach. They kept their cool, I could tell a couple times that a few of them wanted to fire back.

Clovis
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Wow, it's like watching some highlights of Shaq. That thug was constantly throwing elbows and knocking players down (when he wasn't out right punching them).

#1Townie
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Haha looks like a couple of kids crying for no reason. The last one the dude barley touched him and he collapsed. Are they soccer players?

#1Townie
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Wait am i watching the same video? Punching?? I get punch alot at training and i work very hard on prrfecting my striking and i didnt see one punch. I only seen one penalty that was a little out of line and out of frustration but it looked like that jut came from watching the other team fall down evey time one of them got touched. I played in school and we had some physical games and those were by far the best.

~Barn~
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Remember this about HS sports... In the winter, the boys play basketball. The men wrestle.

#1Townie
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Remember this about HS sports... In the winter, the boys play basketball. The men wrestle.
Yeah not at my school. Basketball and football where the big sports. Football kind of sucked as we had grass then and that stuff doesnt do very well in the desert. Baseball field was even worse. Lol

grim
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I think fatboy and me should play some ball sometime and I'll give him some of his own medicine.

Mother Goose
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I think fatboy and me should play some ball sometime and I'll give him some of his own medicine.
I had an idiot do that to me at a pick up game, saying that I should stay out of his area. I laughed, thinking he was joking, but he kept doing it. Soon he found my foot in his chest or face every time I'd drive in. He stopped after that.

Townie, fighting and basketball are 2 different worlds. Even in a pick up game with no refs, those wouldn't fly. Even with cage fighting or even wrestling, there are things that aren't allowed and could potentially get you thrown out of the match. I saw at least one foul that was on the brink of that. The kid wasn't even going for the ball, then he laughs about it afterwards.

Think
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM
He laughs and just walks away like a punk. Kid was playing like an asshole. He literally close lined that kid going for the lay up. And I don't recall seeing anyone "crying".

sag
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 11:18 PM
JV anything is full of piece of shit fat kids that got cut. the dirtiest worst games and injuries any sport ive ever been a part of or seen have all been JV

Ezzzzy1
Thu Jan 5th, 2012, 11:21 PM
His buddies were low five-n him... The kids were encouraging this on many different levels. Hell the kid probably bragged about it at the next "party" and his buddies thought he was all cool and shit.

That was until the video was about to go viral :lol: Im pretty sure that here in a week or so Andre the Giant aint gunna have many friends.

We all knew someone like this growing up, right?

#1Townie
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 05:47 AM
I had an idiot do that to me at a pick up game, saying that I should stay out of his area. I laughed, thinking he was joking, but he kept doing it. Soon he found my foot in his chest or face every time I'd drive in. He stopped after that.

Townie, fighting and basketball are 2 different worlds. Even in a pick up game with no refs, those wouldn't fly. Even with cage fighting or even wrestling, there are things that aren't allowed and could potentially get you thrown out of the match. I saw at least one foul that was on the brink of that. The kid wasn't even going for the ball, then he laughs about it afterwards.

Ok again I can't be watching the same video. I keep watching the video and I just don't see what you guys are seeing. Again I played. Not one punch is thrown. There is no fights. I see one push and I can tell it is out of frustration. The one at the very end is nothing. The kids go up for a rebound. Some very light contact was made and bam kid falls to the floor crying.

I just don't see what guys are seeing. Basketball can get a little rough. That's what makes it fun.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Ok again I can't be watching the same video. I keep watching the video and I just don't see what you guys are seeing. Again I played. Not one punch is thrown. There is no fights. I see one push and I can tell it is out of frustration. The one at the very end is nothing. The kids go up for a rebound. Some very light contact was made and bam kid falls to the floor crying.

I just don't see what guys are seeing. Basketball can get a little rough. That's what makes it fun.

Johnny Lawrence? Is that really you? :lol:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/johnny-lawrence.jpg

#1Townie
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Johnny Lawrence? Is that really you? :lol:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/johnny-lawrence.jpg

:spit:

Think
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 12:33 PM

#34 is repeatedly knocking the kids down, you can see the contact. He sticks his entire arm out and swings down when the kid is going up for the layup. That isn't "light" contact in basketball. Yeah, no "punches" were thrown and there were no fights, primarily because the kids on the other side aren't a bunch of losers and kept their composure. The other team was playing ludicrously dirty and the refs weren't calling it like they should. #34 should have been thrown out of the game.

~Barn~
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM
#34 is likely to grow up and be a "loser" to most peoples standards. Isn't that enough punishment for the young man?

burnn88
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
i saw this yesterday!!!! thats just insane.. they are getting a lot of crap talked on them for this.

#1Townie
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 07:52 PM
#34 is repeatedly knocking the kids down, you can see the contact. He sticks his entire arm out and swings down when the kid is going up for the layup. That isn't "light" contact in basketball. Yeah, no "punches" were thrown and there were no fights, primarily because the kids on the other side aren't a bunch of losers and kept their composure. The other team was playing ludicrously dirty and the refs weren't calling it like they should. #34 should have been thrown out of the game.
Haha thats a joke.. i agree it was foul for sure but it didnt look to me like it was intentional. It does looklike he was trying to block a shot and is a little clumsy. Honestly the kd should have backed of and gone for a pass. He charged the lane and thats good but any time a kid around 115 goes up against im guessing around 185 ish its not going to end well for the little guy.

Nowif we really want to get into this the reach or i think they might of called it a holdon one of the rbounds the kid foot is out of bounds before the foul happens. Go watch it. So yeah that was a poor call but in favor of the cry babys. Now go look at the jumpshot that trns into a foul. That also could have been called either ups and downs or traveling as he slides into the oger. I actualy had traviling called me in a very similar situation and i was mad as hell my coach pulled me aside and told me it was the right call. The very last one is a pathetic draw for a penalty. Im guessing the last one was actually one of the first. The reason why im guessing is that these thing escalate. There was more calls going the other way and the frustration was definitely the second half. Im going to assume that there is a hell of alot more to this story then five pathetic examples that are shown. I dont like shove. I really dont and that is really the only i will give credit to.

Besides that the coach for the brown team should have switched his offense up after the first clumsy attempt to block that ball. It was a very poor defense that would have lost bad to some well rounded passing. No instead they kept trying to drive right up themiddle and kept falling on their ass. So in the end yeah people crying about this makes me laugh. I truely wonder what the rest of the game looked like. There is always two sides to each story and people will always only tell what THEY think is right.

Think
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Fair enough.

TFOGGuys
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 08:34 PM
#34 has issues....but it's tough being a fat, stupid, 24 year old high school sophomore...cut the guy a break...sheesh

Clovis
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 08:59 PM
The guy can grow a better goatee then half the men on this forum! (myself included!)

#34 has issues....but it's tough being a fat, stupid, 24 year old high school sophomore...cut the guy a break...sheesh

TFOGGuys
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I, on the other hand, could grow that in about 8 hours, but it'd be mostly grey...

Mother Goose
Sat Jan 7th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Haha thats a joke.. i agree it was foul for sure but it didnt look to me like it was intentional. It does looklike he was trying to block a shot and is a little clumsy. Honestly the kd should have backed of and gone for a pass. He charged the lane and thats good but any time a kid around 115 goes up against im guessing around 185 ish its not going to end well for the little guy.
I agree that some weren't intentional, and the person that put together the video doesn't know what a flagrant means. But at the same time, most of what #34 was doing was going for the player and not the ball, unless he's just really that uncoordinated. :lol:

Now go look at the jumpshot that trns into a foul. That also could have been called either ups and downs or traveling as he slides into the oger. I actualy had traviling called me in a very similar situation and i was mad as hell my coach pulled me aside and told me it was the right call.
If you're talking about #3, that's called a hop step, it's not traveling. (we need to use the numbers they use so we know what we're all looking at) You can elevate off 2 feet after that initial hop. If you did the hop, then took 2 separate steps, then that's traveling. Again, I'm not sure which one you were talking about, but that's the only one I saw that looked like he might turn it into a jump shot, rather than laying it in. I use that a lot, and you can get good seperation from your defender if you sell it right.

Besides that the coach for the brown team should have switched his offense up after the first clumsy attempt to block that ball. It was a very poor defense that would have lost bad to some well rounded passing. No instead they kept trying to drive right up themiddle and kept falling on their ass. So in the end yeah people crying about this makes me laugh. I truely wonder what the rest of the game looked like. There is always two sides to each story and people will always only tell what THEY think is right.
I know I wouldn't let some ass clown like that kid stop me from driving in. They shouldn't have to switch up their offense just because the kid can't play defense. At least they were getting calls out of it, so they shouldn't be crying about it. That's an extra 2 points every time, basically free points (if the kids can shoot free throws) to keep the lead (if they had it). I'd keep driving in, just because of that! :lol:

I dunno, I've played for a long time, competitively and pick up games, so maybe I see things differently than most.

#1Townie
Sat Jan 7th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I agree that some weren't intentional, and the person that put together the video doesn't know what a flagrant means. But at the same time, most of what #34 was doing was going for the player and not the ball, unless he's just really that uncoordinated. :lol:

If you're talking about #3, that's called a hop step, it's not traveling. (we need to use the numbers they use so we know what we're all looking at) You can elevate off 2 feet after that initial hop. If you did the hop, then took 2 separate steps, then that's traveling. Again, I'm not sure which one you were talking about, but that's the only one I saw that looked like he might turn it into a jump shot, rather than laying it in. I use that a lot, and you can get good seperation from your defender if you sell it right.

I know I wouldn't let some ass clown like that kid stop me from driving in. They shouldn't have to switch up their offense just because the kid can't play defense. At least they were getting calls out of it, so they shouldn't be crying about it. That's an extra 2 points every time, basically free points (if the kids can shoot free throws) to keep the lead (if they had it). I'd keep driving in, just because of that! :lol:

I dunno, I've played for a long time, competitively and pick up games, so maybe I see things differently than most.
yeah we didnt have the hop step thing where i lived. ive never even heard of it and i played through out school. well untill i was thrown out. lol. but no i see what you are saying and agree to a point. the days when i played it was you had to make the team. those days gone for the most part. the whole everyone plays crap. my point to all this is i feel that the person that posted the video is a very one sided point of view. i have come to learn to use my head more when watching videos now days as everyone crys about everything and half the time there isnt anything to cry about. i agree with you on the points if they are going to run a sloppy defense to use it to your advantage but something i have noticed here with colorado is the lack of willing to deal with things. even the football here seems a little.... i guess sissy. those kids in the video didnt have the drive to be able to charge and stay on their feet. so as a coach knowing my players couldnt play that kind of ball i would have switched the offense up so that i could get the most out of my players.

but really when a video is posted about fouls and people are crying the way they where in this video you would think would see something more along the lines of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp2DbvWmu4M&feature=related

i mean this rougher then anything in that video and this is girls. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKYpw9JEFLo&feature=related

granted it is collage over high but still. point is sports get tough. just like life. if you cant hunker down face it and over come whats brought to you then you need to stick to other things that are not as tough. i think what i learned in sports helped me greatly deal with the real aspects of life. i had soccer games in middle school that left me bloody. i was a keeper and had a penalty kick to deal with. kid kicked it hard i blocked it but was unable to control it. i dove on the ball and the kid tryd to slide tackle it ending with his cleats in my face. i sucked it up and pushed on and we won the game. he wasnt trying to hurt me it was just a really rough game and both teams played 110%.

so i guess i am saying if your kid cant deal with what was in this video leave them to xbox abd dont let them out. if you want them to learn then help them deal with bad days and remind them not everyday is sunshone rainbows and sometimes you have to deal with the shit days to really enjoy the good ones.

Sleev
Sat Jan 7th, 2012, 05:52 PM
#34 is likely to grow up and be a "cop"

Bazzinga!

~Barn~
Sat Jan 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry about that delousing. Just standard procedure.

It's powdered sugar. (?)

The lice hate the sugar.

It's delicious.

Zanatos
Sun Jan 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with what #34 was doing either.

Don't most basketball players follow through and knock down the other guy every time they go for the ball?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/096/044/trollface.jpg?1296494117

MRA 32
Sun Jan 8th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I have seen and participated in some very physical games in Jr. and high school basketball games. I grew up in the evil empire or otherwise known as the Eaton Reds. I didn't play much but our team always got knocked around by other schools, especially after we had a 20 point lead. So I don't think I saw anything bad in the video, just a frustrated team getting their ass whipped and losing their composure.

highpsi03
Sun Jan 8th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I'm more confused as to why a bunch of white kids are playing basketball...