PDA

View Full Version : Will Hoopty offroad this weekend during the races?

yakuza
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 11:57 AM
It seems to be taken for granted that Hoopty is the off-road master here, do you think he'll be able to keep it on the track for the races this weekend? I dunno, 8 whole laps without running through the dirt once?

Anonymous
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Like I said, I'm bringing the camera...

Hey loopty, it's gonna be raining saturday. If you go in a mud pit in my corner and you can walk, you're getting your own damn bike out!! :lol:

Hoopty
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 12:49 PM
I bet I go off roading at least once this weekend, but I'm positive I'll be able to finish at least 1 race without dirtbiking, unless of course I fook myself or my bike up enough that I can't ride anymore. :shock:

Ralph, I'm headin' for you if I crash!!! :P

Ytry2
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 01:13 PM
I bet I go off roading at least once this weekend, but I'm positive I'll be able to finish at least 1 race without dirtbiking, unless of course I fook myself or my bike up enough that I can't ride anymore. :shock:

Ralph, I'm headin' for you if I crash!!! :P

i am going out just to watch hoopty ;) to see how well he does in the motard events ;)

hoopty the supaaaaa staaarrrrrrr

Hoopty
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 01:55 PM
to see how well he does in the motard events ;)

:lol: Damn, and I didn't even sign up for them! :lol:

Mother Goose
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 02:09 PM
you should put in the poll if he's gonna run outta gas or not :lol: I'm never lettin this one go :up:

Anonymous
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 02:37 PM
TC you racing this weekend?

Ytry2
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 02:38 PM
to see how well he does in the motard events ;)

:lol: Damn, and I didn't even sign up for them! :lol:

:twisted:

*MV* #33
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 09:46 AM
you should put in the poll if he's gonna run outta gas or not :lol: I'm never lettin this one go :up:

ha ha I did that too... aleast I made it back to the pits ;)

Hoopty
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Fookers! http://www.sportbikes.com/wwwthreads/images/graemlins/bird.gif

Deuce
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 11:47 AM
he's definatley going four wheeling this weekend. :lol: And Hoop, if it's muddy and you crash in my corner you better be able to walk cause i'm not diggin that turd out. D:

Deuce

Hoopty
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Aww c'mon Duece, at least it's a Suzuki!!! :D

Gixxerpilot7
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 12:15 PM
I think we should all get together and manufacture a special race/off-road tire for Hoopty. I was thinking of developing something that resembles a slick but with dirtbike knobbies running down the center. I think I might be on to something :idea:

Hoopty
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Hey guys, what's the big deal? :? It's not like I'm the only one here that's a member of the SCR dirtbike club! :D

Anonymous
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Hey guys, what's the big deal? :? It's not like I'm the only one here that's a member of the SCR dirtbike club! :D

No but you're by far the most active member... :lol:

Hoopty
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 12:30 PM
I'm not only a member, but I'm the SCR offroading club president, huh? :lol:

Anonymous
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 12:31 PM

Hahaha!

S2RGRL
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 12:34 PM

Hahaha!
who would be vice president? would that be Rick?

Hoopty
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 12:36 PM
He's gotta at least be close! :D How many times has that fooker crashed there? :shock: I've been down 3 times in the rat's nest now, once in the 88's. I've been in the dirt without crashing quite a few times too. :oops:

S2RGRL
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 12:37 PM
2 outta 3.... Oh Rick...please don't :slap: me.... :lol: ;)

hoopty, its meant for the street/track not the dirt....ya got Elisa's for the dirt so leave it at that. :D

Anonymous
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 12:56 PM
I think we should all get together and manufacture a special race/off-road tire for Hoopty. I was thinking of developing something that resembles a slick but with dirtbike knobbies running down the center. I think I might be on to something :idea:How's this?
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/Hoopty-DirtStreetTire.jpg

Too much time on my hands!

Anonymous
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 01:19 PM
I think we should all get together and manufacture a special race/off-road tire for Hoopty. I was thinking of developing something that resembles a slick but with dirtbike knobbies running down the center. I think I might be on to something :idea:How's this?
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/Hoopty-DirtStreetTire.jpg

Too much time on my hands!

:spit: :lol:

Gixxerpilot7
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 01:36 PM
:lol: That's great I love it!!! :lol: Exactly what I had in mind too :up:

Hoopty
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 01:36 PM
2 outta 3.... Oh Rick...please don't :slap: me.... :lol: ;)

hoopty, its meant for the street/track not the dirt....ya got Elisa's for the dirt so leave it at that. :D

I got my own dirtbike too, a 93 KX250. :twisted:

Bob- classic bro, can you order me a set of those? :o

yakuza
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Hoopty, I truly didn't mean to imply you'd crash, just your propensity to offroad (without crashing, hehe). :lol: :up:

Deuce
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Hoopty, I truly didn't mean to imply you'd crash, just your propensity to offroad (without crashing, hehe). :lol: :up:

Gonna be a bitch if he stays on the track and you go off aint it? :lol:

Deuce

yakuza
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Bah, my offroad excursion ratio is better than my crash ratio so far this year. :lol: 2 crashes, 1 offroad (first race weekend at Pueblo). But yeah, I'll be eating my foot if he stays on the track and I run off somewhere...

Devil954
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Cant wait to watch loopty suprise alot of people that fahker is pretty fast Im sittin this one out I have a hard enough time on a dry track :lol:

Mother Goose
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Cant wait to watch loopty suprise alot of people that fahker is pretty fast Im sittin this one out I have a hard enough time on a dry track :lol:

So how much did Hoopty pay you to say that? :shock:

Anonymous
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 11:11 AM

So how much did Hoopty pay you to say that? :shock:

How much? Or what acts did he do? :shock:

RSVR4aCowboy
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Dave, it sounds like the majority think you'll need those dirt/rr tires :twisted:

Anyone interested in a $$pool as to how many laps before :o Hoopty dirt tracks??? :lol:

Hoopty
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Anyone interested in a $$pool as to how many laps before :o Hoopty dirt tracks??? :lol:

I'm in! :D

*MV* #33
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Hoop's I have faith in ya... I voted that youd stay on track!

MV

Hoopty
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Nice, thanks MV! :D

Ralph, I dig my avatar, I can only ASS-ume that was you that put it up there?!?! :twisted: :lol:

Anonymous
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Nice, thanks MV! :D

Ralph, I dig my avatar, I can only ASS-ume that was you that put it up there?!?! :twisted: :lol:

No but that's fauckin funny!!!! :spit:

Hoopty
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah, it's pretty funny. :D It was good ol' BOB! :P

JohnS
Fri Sep 12th, 2003, 07:11 AM
:lol: :lol:

Good luck at the races Dave!! I'm not going to say a word about you going offroad cause when I say anything about people wrecking they tend to do it :o

Hoopty
Fri Sep 12th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Thanks John, I appreciate it. :D

Anonymous
Sun Sep 14th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Well, he did it...

Not once...

But...

TWICE!

AND blew a motor up.

:o

(why am I typing short sentences double spaced?

I don't know!)

FZRguy
Sun Sep 14th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Well, he did exactly what twice…crash or finish?

Dysco
Sun Sep 14th, 2003, 11:53 PM
both.

JohnS
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 12:13 AM
I didn't have a chance to come out today. Details please :?

Hoopty
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Saturday- got out late, it was cold as shit and I had to hurry to get one practice in before endurance. Had new tires on and forgot to check air pressure. I knew it was cold so I was going pretty slow into the house turn, got on the gas nice and easy- and WHAM, there went my ass end trying to pass my front end (which it did). Okay, talk about embarrassing. My first race weekend ever, first practice lap, and I didn't even make it through the first corner. :oops: A broken clutch lever, bent shift lever, bent clip on later and I re-teched just in time for my endurance race. The only practice I got was the warm up lap. :roll: I ended up taking 2nd in lightweight endurance. :bananna: I dunno if I'll be doing endurance anytime soon again, I was fookin' BEAT about halfway through. :slap:

Sunday- feeling VERY good despite being a bit sore from the race/crash. Got about 5 laps in on the SV and I was really starting to cook, when the motor seemed to lose power and sure enough, it was knockin' pretty fookin bad. :cry: Well, on to the next bike!!! Got the CBR teched, got in a round of practice before my first race of the day, NGTO. I was at the back in the middle, wheelied on the start and had a slow ass in front of me. Bikes flyin' by me on both sides. :x I was pretty nervous about the tires, it took me a few laps to get up to speed. I did ALOT of passing, and I believe I ended up 25th after Kip and 316 crashed in 1 in front of me, drawing the red flag. Not bad I guess, considering I started in the second to last row of the second wave.
Next up was NGTU heat race, I was row 5 of five. Ended up 4th, the top ten made it to NGTU. Got stuck behing some slower guy on the start again, but managed to get some good passing in by turn 1. I think I caught the back of the first wave by the time the checkered flag came up, ended up 19th I believe.
Sportsman- got all kinds of people off the start, was really feelin' good. :twisted: Getting a bit aggressive on my passes, made one I guess I shouldn't have. I passed some guy and came in hot and wide into the left hander right before rat's nest. Tried to hang off a bit more to get me a little more clearance, but the front tire let go and slid on my back off the track. I'm pretty sure I was in 2nd at the time. :| That was it for my first race weekend. I'm addicted for sure, but I don't think I can handle fixing 2 bikes every weekend. :shock:

All in all I learned ALOT this weekend, and I can't wait for Pueblo. I should have the CBR ready in time, but I think the SV is down for the rest of the season. :(

Oh yeah, I checked my tires after the first crash on Saturday, 49.5 PSI in the front, 38.5 in the rear. :shock:

haywood jablome
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 08:35 AM
DAMN DUDE i am glad i did not pit for you, i would have had my bike and probally 3 or 4 others in pieces just to fix your YARD SALES!!!! Would have deffinetly had my hands full!!!

jrok929
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Good job hoopty! It was cool to finally see you out there throwin the smack down :D

RSVR4aCowboy
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 08:43 AM
Hoopty was just winning his bet with me. He had to get the crash outta the way before he got serious about racing :lol:

Hoopty
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 08:45 AM
haha You're prolly right Chad! :lol:

A BIIIIG thanks to Alex, MV, IR Dave, Bryce, Mike and everyone else that helped out in the pits, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys! http://www.sportbikes.com/wwwthreads/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Also a big thanks to all the corner workers, sorry for keeping you fookers busy. :oops:

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 08:59 AM

A BIIIIG thanks to Alex, MV, IR Dave, Bryce, Mike and everyone else that helped out in the pits, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys! http://www.sportbikes.com/wwwthreads/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Also a big thanks to all the corner workers, sorry for keeping you fookers busy. :oops:

I'd like to thank hoopty for flipping me off on a warm up lap, made me feel welcome :lol:

Hoopty
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Welcome, Chadwick! :321: :D

Anonymous
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 10:28 AM

I'd like to thank hoopty for flipping me off on a warm up lap, made me feel welcome :lol:

Yeah I had my whole crew in 6 flipping #420 off after a while... :D :321:

It's the new official Hoopty Salute. :lol:

JohnS
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 11:31 AM
Glad to hear you came out of it okay.

whats the deal with blowin SV engines? how many does this make?

Anonymous
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 11:36 AM
As fast as Hoopty is on that SV, I think perhaps it is not the bike for him! Something about the mix of the two just eats up motors.

Hoopty you should look at a 250 or something, that would be lightweight, turn quick, not necessarily up on power but you are one of the best turning guys I have seen, you would walk all over people on one of those.

Deuce
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Was to cool to see you out there Hoop. Dude I didn't even know you crashed the SV until today. :lol: Alex told me something about it but I thought he meant you went off track. :D

Kickass job in lightweight endurance dude. All that on a more or less stock SV with a license plate on the back. :lol:

On Sunday when you came by and gave me the bird my corner chief guy thought you were flippin him off. He was just about to get bent outta shape when I informed him of the real recipient of the salute. :lol:

Anyways, good job dude. Was to bad about the crash but atleast it wasn't real bad and you walked away. Oh and when you came through my corner and I heard a bike go down I didn't even look and I had a feeling it was you. :D

Next race at SCR you get to race instead of flaggin for you i'll be passin you down the front straight. :D

Deuce

Anonymous
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Yeah I had my whole crew in 6 flipping #420 off after a while... :D :321:

It's the new official Hoopty Salute. :lol:We need to make a special flag for Hoopty - middle-finger salute with #420 underneath it! :lol:

Nice "victory" wheelie out of the rats nest!

Hoopty
Mon Sep 15th, 2003, 01:39 PM
whats the deal with blowin SV engines? how many does this make?

That was motor #3 for me, but this motor was a used race one... I'm gettin' sick of replacing them!!! :x

Duece, sorry about the mix up, perhaps the Hoopty salute isn't the best of ideas. I actually thought about that as I was going around flipping off all my homies in the corners. :lol:

Ralph, I'd LOVE to ride a 2-fiddy, I just don't think I could afford one. In addition, the class seems like a dying breed. :|

Bob- haha that was the only corner slow enough to get a decent clutch wheelie. I wanted to get a few rolling stoppies in there but I was scared someone might run me over. :shock:

rocktboy
Tue Sep 16th, 2003, 08:53 AM
is hoopty a type I racer or what :D 8)

Hoopty
Tue Sep 16th, 2003, 08:56 AM
What exactly is a type I racer? :?

yakuza
Tue Sep 16th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Remember the discussion in the General forum about the 2 types of racers? Type 1 was those that ride at 100% as hard as they can, always pushing their limits, and Type 2 was more reserved, leaving some margin for error. :lol:

Hoopty
Tue Sep 16th, 2003, 09:14 AM
I don't ride at 100% most of the time, there's alot of times out there where I waited to pass for the fear the guy in front of me would run me off the track if I tried to stuff it in. They would have done it too, alot of guys leave NO room on the edge of the track. :shock: When I crashed the F3, I was getting a bit aggressive on the passing though. I thought I could make the corner still but my front tire said otherwise. That tire is cashed on the left side, I might have been able to save it with newer tires. Too bad I threw the new set of rubber on the SV. :slap: