PDA

View Full Version : Evo driver narrowly avoids VA pile-up

Ghost
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Language NSFW, details in the video description.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhVGeIgLdlI

grim
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Screw the Evo man that truck dodged that shit like a fucking BOSS!!!!

Ghost
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM

Yeah, didn't want to post that as a "spoiler" since you've just got to watch it. But, he did ungodly well to miss everything (and it reminded me of the Train in Inception :p ).

grim
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah, didn't want to post that as a "spoiler" since you've just got to watch it. But, he did ungodly well to miss everything (and it reminded me of the Train in Inception :p ).

Werd

dirkterrell
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 12:46 PM

Good thing the Flex cleared that wagon out of the way or he'd have been in bad shape when that semi rolled through.

That's a nice lesson in driving too fast for conditions. Icy road + fog = slow your ass down.

McVaaahhh
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM
:imwithstupid:

Crazy shit though!

grim
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Good thing the Flex cleared that wagon out of the way or he'd have been in bad shape when that semi rolled through.

That's a nice lesson in driving too fast for conditions. Icy road + fog = slow your ass down.

Yes he was going way too fast for those conditions not just the road but the fog too.

Clovis
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Good job guy on avoiding those cars. I read his description and he said that 15 seconds before the video starts it was clear. The video starts when he turned on his camera and was turning down his radio.

This reminds me of the log truck crash in Final Destination 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1iUEtZYwc0

bornwildnfree
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Wow. Skillz ftw.

Slo
Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Good save for him.... it's easy for many to feel comfortable after driving a mile down the road.

Just because it wasn't bad in one area, doesn't mean itll be the same in the next area.

All in all, he did pretty well considering.

Frankie675
Fri Jan 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I think that was I70 lol. Wrapped my Ur in Nokian Hakkapeliitta's last winter and lost control only when I said so. My roommate put studded tires on her 350z and never once lost control driving from boulder to lakewood everday. Just goes to show your car/bike is only as good as it's tires. I bet the dude in the Evo would have had that much more control if he didn't spend all his money on his wheels and got some better tires. He had lots of skill, but also lots of luck.

Nooch
Fri Jan 13th, 2012, 10:54 AM

Relevant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N_Rg5RxFFQg

Evidently Ken Block has moved on to bigger vehicles.

Slo
Fri Jan 13th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Relevant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N_Rg5RxFFQg

Evidently Ken Block has moved on to bigger vehicles.

Damn, that's a pucker factor for sure.