PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite brake bleeding system?

tecknojoe
Sat Jan 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I've use the little hand pumps before, and I ended up just not even using the pump and just letting it flow into the bottle.

What's your favorite setup for bleeding brakes?

willb003
Sat Jan 14th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Tube into a bottle, easier is better.

TFOGGuys
Sat Jan 14th, 2012, 07:20 PM
We use a vacuum bleeder powered by compressed air most of the time...

http://mityvac.com/pages/products_fee.asp#MV7430

tecknojoe
Sat Jan 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Tube into a bottle, easier is better.

That's what I was thinking, as long as I do it with another person it doesn't seem like there's much else worth buying

willb003
Sat Jan 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
That's what I was thinking, as long as I do it with another person it doesn't seem like there's much else worth buying

I just do it by myself, its pretty easy. In fact for a bike I prefer to do it by myself. As for a car, thats another story.

Let me know if ya need help.:up:

FZRguy
Sat Jan 14th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I use a Mityvac. Not that fancy one Jim has, but a hand pump. Works pretty good.

age315
Sun Jan 15th, 2012, 01:29 AM
I use a Mityvac. Not that fancy one Jim has, but a hand pump. Works pretty good.

+1
I ended up buying one when I put my stainless lines on because I don't have a compressor. I have no complaints with it so far.

Cornfed
Sun Jan 15th, 2012, 10:03 AM

+2

Just put steel lines on the Gixxer and tried forever to do it with the brake lever and still couldnt get all the air out. Borrowed a Mityvac from one of the guys at work and pulled a bottle of Dot 4 through in about 20 minutes and the lever is solid as can be. I could have borrowed the compressed air, vacuum bottle but was afraid it would be too much too fast for the bike.

The GECCO
Sun Jan 15th, 2012, 11:55 AM
We actually had a system for cars with a pressurized system full of brake fluid with a line and a fitting that replaced the bleeder screw. You would use it to backfill the system starting at the caliper (the low point) and push the fluid to the master cylinder/reservoir (the high point). Because the fluid is never "above" the air in the system it was fast and worked great. Would be even better for bikes given the orientation of the calipers and master, but I haven't ever gotten around to setting a new system up.

OUTLAWD
Wed Jan 18th, 2012, 05:08 AM
use a mity vac to flush fluid, then do the old pump, pump, screw to finish her off

Captain Obvious
Wed Jan 18th, 2012, 10:22 AM
With the frequency and ease on a motorcycle, I just go old school manual. tube into a plastic poweraide/soda bottle lid, pump pump release.