PDA

View Full Version : Question about the almighty S1000RR

Matheo
Mon Jan 16th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Curious..... has anyone seen one up at bandi with a competent rider? Interested in what they run and trap up here... I know on paper, past 9k rpm they make 17-21 more hp stock then a newer 07-11 gsxr 1000. I'de love to get side by side with one and see how my bike holds up vs a stock bmw one of these days, but I dont know anyone who owns one locally.

Husky
Mon Jan 16th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Curious..... has anyone seen one up at bandi with a competent rider? Interested in what they run and trap up here... I know on paper, past 9k rpm they make 17-21 more hp stock then a newer 07-11 gsxr 1000. I'de love to get side by side with one and see how my bike holds up vs a stock bmw one of these days, but I dont know anyone who owns one locally.

My buddy has one and was running 10.1 - 10.2 @142mph all day,bone stock

Matheo
Mon Jan 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM
My buddy has one and was running 10.1 - 10.2 @142mph all day,bone stock

At bandimere?!?!?!?!?

Hibs
Mon Jan 16th, 2012, 10:30 PM
At bandimere?!?!?!?!?

yep sounds right. its a solid 9 second bike anywhere else.

Matheo
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 01:10 AM
yep sounds right. its a solid 9 second bike anywhere else.

Jesus... With everything I have done on my K7 GSXR 1000 my highest trap is only 138.5 iirc... Increadible that a bone stock is trapping 142 here... Im shocked.. I figured it would be in the mid 10's up here with a damn good rider, not a 10.1

Hibs
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Jesus... With everything I have done on my K7 GSXR 1000 my highest trap is only 138.5 iirc... Increadible that a bone stock is trapping 142 here... Im shocked.. I figured it would be in the mid 10's up here with a damn good rider, not a 10.1

There simply is no comparison...

http://www.brocksperformance.com/brocknm/templates/bpp1.aspx?articleid=66&zoneid=11

I've seen a BMW, lowered, exhaust, couple other little things running low 9s at ease in Kansas.

Husky
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Yes this was at Bandimere and he was still actually taking it easy as the bike wasnt completly broke in yet, so he was not shifting anywhere close to redline. Made me Jeolouse as I have a 08 Busa with some Mods and I was not running much quicker. Those bikes are damn quick.

Husky
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 09:23 AM
At bandimere?!?!?!?!?

Little off the topic but Milkman thats on here once in a while has a stock GSXR 1000 and I remember racing against him at Bandimere and he was trapping right at 143 mph

Matrix
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I have been wanting to try this since I got this bike last year. Not that I qualify as a good (drag) rider but I would love to take a few runs with this thing.

Husky
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I have been wanting to try this since I got this bike last year. Not that I qualify as a good (drag) rider but I would love to take a few runs with this thing.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised how well that bike does. You should come out and race with us on Fridays. We have a all streetbike class with all diffferent skill level riders from 14 second Harleys to 8 second busas

Matheo
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Little off the topic but Milkman thats on here once in a while has a stock GSXR 1000 and I remember racing against him at Bandimere and he was trapping right at 143 mph

I was there on the test at tune night. I think he has a k8 iirc.. I think that was the night when we had a serious tailwind pushing us pretty good.

Matheo
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 12:25 PM
There simply is no comparison...

http://www.brocksperformance.com/brocknm/templates/bpp1.aspx?articleid=66&zoneid=11

I've seen a BMW, lowered, exhaust, couple other little things running low 9s at ease in Kansas.

Yes this was at Bandimere and he was still actually taking it easy as the bike wasnt completly broke in yet, so he was not shifting anywhere close to redline. Made me Jeolouse as I have a 08 Busa with some Mods and I was not running much quicker. Those bikes are damn quick.

Thats nuts.... 203hp from bolt ons and wheels....... Bat shit insane. I have been tossing the idea around of selling my bike and getting a S1000RR. I figured in order to get me to where a bolt on BMW would be, would require a 2mm engine, or nitrous or boost. In the end of that day I seriously think the BMW would be the least expensive route with all things considered. I would just have to try and find a used one here in CO for a decent price.

Husky
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I was there on the test at tune night. I think he has a k8 iirc.. I think that was the night when we had a serious tailwind pushing us pretty good.

Yup,that was the night. It always baffled me how some guys could trap 143 mph and run 11.2 ET and some others would only trap around 138 but run a 9.9 ET, guess its all in the launch

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Thats nuts.... 203hp from bolt ons and wheels....... Bat shit insane. I have been tossing the idea around of selling my bike and getting a S1000RR. I figured in order to get me to where a bolt on BMW would be, would require a 2mm engine, or nitrous or boost. In the end of that day I seriously think the BMW would be the least expensive route with all things considered. I would just have to try and find a used one here in CO for a decent price.

203rwhp is an exaggeration but dyno numbers are relative. I've seen three s1000rr's on the dyno and they are generally 20hp more than the other liter bikes. One with the HP Race Kit ECU, full Akra system on race fuel still did 10 more than my big bore superbike motor.

Matheo
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Yup,that was the night. It always baffled me how some guys could trap 143 mph and run 11.2 ET and some others would only trap around 138 but run a 9.9 ET, guess its all in the launch

I here that. Im just hoping for a 9.9 @ 140ish with my exact same setup with a different tire. Im thinking of getting the shinko DR for next year. I figure if i hit a 10.5 w/ a 1.78 60", if i can get her down to 1.4-1.5 that should put me VERY close to a 9.9x

Husky
Tue Jan 17th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I here that. Im just hoping for a 9.9 @ 140ish with my exact same setup with a different tire. Im thinking of getting the shinko DR for next year. I figure if i hit a 10.5 w/ a 1.78 60", if i can get her down to 1.4-1.5 that should put me VERY close to a 9.9x

If you can get those kind of 60' you should have no problem. Just FYI for every 1/10 you get off your 60ft its usually good for about 2/10 off your your total ET at the end of the track. I've heard alot of good things about the shinko tires and know alot of guys run them.

MilkMan
Wed Jan 18th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Yep, that was me at the track last season. We did have a pretty good tail wind that day, and I simply can not get the 60's down past a 2.0 and have all stock gearing, no strap, not lowered, ect. I think with a simple gear change, quick shifter, and just a strap I should be able to get to around the 10.6/10.7 range, but who knows. I also have a K7 like yours Matheo, just all stock.
-Mick-

Cornfed
Wed Jan 18th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Son of a ...... But I like my K7, yet now I most trade it for a Beemer.