PDA

View Full Version : Twin Peaks

NineTwoFour
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 02:36 PM
So, I've been lusting after a dirt bike for over a year now. Never actually got up the gumption to actually get one. Saw Punkin's post on here about the Dyno Day's sale and thought I just give a call.... figuring the price wouldn't be THAT good that would make me run out and get further into debt.

So I get ahold of Scott on the phone (definitely one cool MF'r). He just come right out with what I'll pay OTD. No BS or anything.

I call the wife to ask if she'd divorce me today if she came home and there was another bike in the garage. She said yes, but didn't sound that convincing... :evil:

So off to Twin Peaks I go with my trailer. Get down to buisness, find myself a dirt helmet... sit down and start filling out paperwork. Price is so damn good, I ask about a bike for my wife. :D

Long story short... I have TWO new bikes sitting in the garage for my wife to see when she get's home from work. :lol:

SO... got to give a HUGE :up: for Twin Peaks, Scott, and Doron!!!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Holy Crap...That's awesome! Congrats dood...what'd ya get?

Punkin
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Matt--
Enjoy the bikes, and call me for a bandaid if the wife beats you over the head with a frying pan! (Or just wear that fancy new helmet you bought around for a while!)

--Scott

NineTwoFour
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Holy Crap...That's awesome! Congrats dood...what'd ya get?

I bought a WR250 for me, and a TTR125 for her. :D

I just got back from tearing up a field accross from my house.... I LOVE this bike!!!! :headbang: I had to come hide in the house when I saw some neighbors giving me dirty looks... figured the cops weren't too far behind. :shock:

Jmetz
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 07:39 PM
What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Bueller
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 07:57 PM
I see a lil 'tard in your future and the teeter will be a nice pit bike :lol:

King Nothing
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 08:01 PM
you gonna get beat.

Wahooman
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Nice Matt! I wondered if you would be visiting.......now you just need to get that thumpstar to complete your collection ;) Thanks for the purchases, now I know where to go to play :lol:

King Nothing
Sat Jun 25th, 2005, 10:03 AM
now I know who to punk and take all his toys.

Dysco
Sat Jun 25th, 2005, 10:35 AM
So how did Kristie react to the new TeeT'R?

NineTwoFour
Sat Jun 25th, 2005, 10:39 AM
So how did Kristie react to the new TeeT'R?

It's actually taking some time for her to warm up to it... :roll:

I'm sure once she gets out there riding it, she'll be happy as hell.

King Nothing
Sat Jun 25th, 2005, 11:39 AM
now she HAS to work corners just to pay for your toys! :P

friscokidd
Sat Jun 25th, 2005, 11:41 AM
so how long do you have to sleep on the couch for :lol: oh yea, and congrats to your new toys :D

NineTwoFour
Sun Jun 26th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Well, I took her out to Wtakins today... I would have to declare the dirt bikes an overwhelming success!!! :fire:

Starting off a bit shakey... we got all the way out there, and realized that we didn't have the key for the TTR. It was still sitting on the kitchen table. :shock: Of course, we realized this after everything was unloaded.

Anyway, I was steamed... she was getting really discouraged and wanted to just pack up and go. I unhooked the trailer and she drove home and got some more snacks and the key.

Worked out well, because being the squid that I am... I was riding around in a T-shirt and sweat-pants, and riding a bit too hard on the intermediate track. Trying to get a good drive out of a corner with a bit of sand, I didn't get my foot out and ended up lowsiding and taking a good bit of skin off my forearm. :roll:

Gave her a call, and she picked me up some neosporin and bandages on her way back out.

Once she got out there, I patched myself up and proceeded to try to teach her to ride. I gave her the basics, then just let her play on the bike herself.

I went and proceeded to crash two more times while just playing around. :roll: She rode all the afternoon, never crashing, and really looked like she was getting the hang of it. She figured out how to keep the bike upright in loose soil, using the foot as an outrigger. I was pretty impressed.

I even let her load her own bike onto the trailer... she ended up dropping it off the ramp. But at least now she realizes how indestructable dirt bikes really are.

She's psyched... she wants me to show her how to do all the maintenance on her bike this week. :D

Wahooman
Sun Jun 26th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I even let her load her own bike onto the trailer...
:lol: