PDA

View Full Version : Why me?!

johne303
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM
My car has been vibrating violently every time I engage first gear from a dead stop. The vibration gets worst if I have people in the car.

Issue: bad clutch?

Can anyone on this forum or recommend a shop to get a clutch replaced?

2006 Honda Civic Ex 4dr 5speed
0-60 1 min.

o yeah.. i bought extended bumper to bumper warranty with the car. and of course it's one of the many things they don't cover :vamp:

Squisha
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Try giving it gas when you let out the clutch.

birchyboy
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I like Pro Auto on Evans and Holly; they do good work at fair prices. Their website is proauto1.com.

birchyboy
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
My car has been vibrating violently every time I engage first gear from a dead stop. The vibration gets worst if I have people in the car.

Issue: bad clutch?

Can anyone on this forum or recommend a shop to get a clutch replaced?

2006 Honda Civic Ex 4dr 5speed
0-60 1 min.

o yeah.. i bought extended bumper to bumper warranty with the car. and of course it's one of the many things they don't cover :vamp:

It sounds like you're assuming it's the clutch and read through the warranty book and read that it isn't covered. It's very possible that it isn't the clutch; the dealership should do a free diagnosis and then you can determine if it is covered or not.

modette99
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Yep, and if your dealer does not do FREE diagnostics then go to a shop that does, plenty do.

How many miles on your vehicle?

Do you feel it through the steering wheel more? Might be a CV shaft/axle.

Could also be engine mounts, or transmission mounts have worn out and your feeling the engine vibrate at different RPM's...more load your probably using more gas thus more vibrations.

I do a search on Civic forums, chances are your not the ONLY one and you will find some clues if not the FIX.

johne303
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM
My car is about 100,000.

birchboy - i called proauto1 and scheduled an appt. for Monday morning

mdub
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 03:26 PM
proauto1 and scheduled an appt. for Monday morning

Good choice...and for a new cust ,,i do believe you'll get a 15 percent off of labor. Check out their web site, if have not done so already.

Clovis
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 03:30 PM
If you think that's hard core, check out the Columbia kids that take a zipline to school (both ways) that's 1200 feet high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KeBJZGSIa0

Ghost
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 03:39 PM
If you think that's hard core, check out the Columbia kids that take a zipline to school (both ways) that's 1200 feet high.

Um...wrong thread?

AOK303
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Should of had me look at it johnny

mdub
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Fingers are quicker than the eyes. and both are not talking to the the brain.

johne303
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Should of had me look at it johnny

you can still look at it. it's not going anywhere just yet

Ezzzzy1
Fri Jan 20th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I like Pro Auto on Evans and Holly; they do good work at fair prices. Their website is proauto1.com.
:up: But if you can find a dealership to look at it first thats what I would do.

Speaking of things that are high :lol: