PDA

View Full Version : Twist of the Wrist

Nooch
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I'm getting ready to expand my bathroom reading library :p and Im finally going to pick up a few highly CSC-recommended books. I've already decided for certain on Total Control by Lee Parks. And I'm also picking up Steve's "Complete Guide to Motorcycling Colorado". But I've also been debating on Twist of the Wrist I and II. My only concern is, I dont plan to ride track much and I want to focus on books that will help me fine-tune my street riding more than anything else. So how much of TOTW is applicable to street-riding? And also, would you recommend the book or the DvD for Twist of the Wrist II? :up: Im also open to any other suggestions, these are just the titles that people have recommended most consistently!

Titus
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Skip totw 1 & read book 2. It's much more precise than the first one. Nearly everything in the book will make you a much better street rider.

bornwildnfree
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I've read both Twist of the Wrist books and even though they are written for track, I found some good techniques in them. Since everyone sits differently on a motorcycle, I look at all the techniques for both track and street and try them. If it works, I use it. It's also the same way for getting advise from people. I've only turned down advice once (sorry Wicky :-( don't hate me forever) and that was because my brain was too full from advice from asp_125 and I couldn't absorb any more that day. But I'll take the advice and try it and if it works...sweet. If not, next, or wait a while and try again.

Grand
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
A lot of TotW is geared towards the track for sure, but I found some useful knowledge in there that can be applied towards the street riding as well. I'll agree with Titus, read the second instead.

It's worth a read, just always keep an eye out for how you can apply that info to the street.

Fumet5uNo
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM
You may like.
Riding in the zone, by ken condon
And sport riding techniques ( super long title) by nick ienatsch
(http://www.amazon.com/Nick-Ienatsch/e/B001K7Z2WI/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_4?qid=1327623913&sr=8-4)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Start collecting Motocourse. ;)

tecknojoe
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I like the Twist of the Wrist DVD. It's great for visual learning