PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for Winter

Oddibe
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 10:36 PM
As posted on another thread, State Farm is the cheapest motorcycle insurance to be found. I had my 06 GSXR 1K dropped to comp only last winter (before I sold it :banghead: ) and it was only about $5 a month. This wasn't to ride - just coverage against theft and vandalism. Anywho, call Miriam Lawson's State Farm office at 303-469-1729 for the best rates. It's a free quote. Even full-coverage during the summer is less than anyone else. So take that, Flo. :up:

WolFeYeZ
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Odd that you are posting this just as I am insurance shopping, lol. Ill call her in the morning.

~Barn~
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I might have to look into this too. Flo and I are starting not to get along so well, here recently.

madvlad
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 11:06 PM
I dropped progressive and went with dairy land cycle. Saved about $120/month with better coverage

WolFeYeZ
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Dairy land wont insure Jess or I with the bikes we own because we have under 2 years of experience :(

vort3xr6
Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 11:53 PM
All state has always been good to me. I pay 150 per year full coverage for the DRZ.

AOK303
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 12:00 AM
i paid 250 for the year on the 1000rr last year, Full coverage and i had one ticket on my record. Any where else wanted like 350 a month

FZRguy
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 12:03 AM
I pay $259 per year for all three bikes liab and comp with Geico. FOG rates, so your mileage may vary.

WolFeYeZ
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 12:13 AM
i paid 250 for the year on the 1000rr last year, Full coverage and i had one ticket on my record. Any where else wanted like 350 a month

With Who?

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I pay $22.50 a month for full 100/300 coverage with low deductibles. Farmers... but I was grandfathered in. They tell me I can swap out my one bike for any other bike and keep getting that rate(that includes an Aprilia V4R) but if I add a bike, the deal is toast.

madvlad
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 04:37 AM
All state has always been good to me. I pay 150 per year full coverage for the DRZ.

Allstate was good when I had the gixxer. $20/month on liability, couldnt afford full coverage In those times lol

Ninja2
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I also dropped Flo, and went with State Farm. I am now paying the same amount for 2 bikes with State Farm as I was paying for 1 with Flo.

I do want to point out that the State Farm agent told me they are no longer offering medical coverage for motorcyclists. I guess they used to and stopped doing so, whereas Progressive does. I assume that is why State Farm can keep their motorcycle rates lower.
However, if you feel you have sufficient medical coverage on your own, State Farm would still be the way to go.

Sully
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I have State Farm as well (over 10 years now) and it's very inexpensive. I try to ride every month so I keep full coverage all year round. :bananna:

salsashark
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 08:49 AM
^^ My State Farm agent told me the reason for their motorcycle rates is because they feel that CO is not a year around riding state. They understand that most people won't ride all year and their rates reflect that.

Oddibe
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I didn't think anyone could beat my rates with Progressive until I shopped around. State Farm has the cheapest rates, point blank. My 06 1k was $18 for full coverage! Less than $5 a month for comp only if I parked it for a few months. Doesn't hurt to get a free quote to see how much money you could be saving... :-)

Zenshu
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I just emailed her lol...Prgressive was raping me so I just told them to piss of back in the beginning of December and left the bike in a locked garage with nothing that could fall anywhere near it....been trying to find a better insurance company ever since...completely forgot about state farm as for some reason I always think them and farmers are the same company or more acurately randomly forget one of the two exists...in this case I forgot about State Farm and only checked Farmers...they wanted twice what progressive wanted...I have been meaning to get rid of Progressive ever since i found out their CEO is in cahoots with a economy killing fascist asshole anyway...I forget the guys name right now but it is the guy who claims to be the cause of the collapse of multiple countries economies and is proud of his ability to destroy a countries economy in his attempts to create a "one world currency"...maybe State Farm can give me better rates on all my vehicles.

Edit for memory

It was George Soros....that guy...

Edit again for update

Yeah with progressive I have full coverage on my car and liability only on my truck and it costs 161.33 a month....with state farm full coverage on both vehicles is 117.62......50ish bucks less a month for more coverage....cant wait to see how cheap my bike insurance will be when I talk to her...Downside is the agent they gave me when I did the online auto quote only speaks Spanish....Hello? My name is not even close to Hispanic, wtf would you give me an agent who doesn't speak English? htf am I supposed t talk to an agent who doesn't even speak my language?

FZRguy
Sun Jan 29th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Brand new 2011 Ford Ranger XLT = $294 for six months full coverage. Being old ain't all that bad sometimes. ;)