PDA

View Full Version : Grim fought the law and Grim won!!!!!!!!!!

grim
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Yesterday i had my hearing for my "illegal pass" on P2P back in october. Nooch and his buddy also got tickets that day for "following too closely" but they paid there plea bargain whereas i told them to shove it up their ass.

I was recording that ride with my gopro and because i had footage of me passing the truck legally then passing the Sheriff i knew i would be golden.

I did not submit the video as evidence instead i just printed pictures in 5 second intervals.

The best part of yesterday that almost made me bust out laughing in court was when the officer stated in his report: "Mr. Kelley passed the vehicle going southbound while in a double solid yellow line making it an illegal pass. he then passed me where i was pulled over at the top of peaceful valley where Mr. Kelley waved at me. He was then pulled over my another law enforcment official where they awaited my arrival in which Mr. Kelley stated: "yes i passed the truck and i was the guy who gave you a friendly wave" end quote".

The pictures i had sitting in front of me and that i showed to the officer as well as the judge showed me waving at the sheriff :lol:.

The other great part was he looked at my pictures and tried to come up[ with some BS like "Well Mr. Kelley began the pass in a legal area but when he was finishing the pass he was in a double solid yellow and that is where i saw him".

BULLSHIT SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can see clearly in the video and the pics i was in a legal passing zone even after i made the pass and was back in the southbound lane!!!!

The judge looked at the pictures and it was as clear as day to her it was a legal pass she said a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo and said: "with the evidence provided in these pictures clearly it was a legal pass and i have no other option but to rule in favor of Mr. Kelley". BOOYA!!!! i got the biggest grin on my Grim face ive ever had!!

I left the courtroom did a little dance outside the courthouse while people looked at me like i was retarded and had a fucking awesome ride of redemption on the ninja back home!

here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzriPeRSVMM

bulldog
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Hell yeah man!!! Sad though it takes footage, since so many people get abused by cops who pull this shit. I wonder if you could report anything on him; seems like you have the proof he is making unjust tickets!

Mother Goose
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 10:45 AM
:applause:

burnn88
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 10:50 AM
:doublefinger: hahahah!!!

drago52
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 10:59 AM
good work. It's definitely unfortunate that you have to have a video camera to prove your innocence.

dirkterrell
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 11:03 AM
The other great part was he looked at my pictures and tried to come up[ with some BS like "Well Mr. Kelley began the pass in a legal area but when he was finishing the pass he was in a double solid yellow and that is where i saw him".

BULLSHIT SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can see clearly in the video and the pics i was in a legal passing zone even after i made the pass and was back in the southbound lane!!!!

Damn, it wasn't even close to being an illegal pass. Sans video, you would have been paying the price for his incompetence or, worse, fabrication of what happened. In a system where the word of an officer is regarded more highly than a citizen in a testimony vs. testimony situation, I believe we need to have better accountability for officers. For something as egregiously wrong as this, the officer needs to suffer some consequences. You might consider letting one of the local news investigation teams know about this.

Cornfed
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 11:13 AM
This tickles me in places that most of you will never see. Chalk up one for the good guys.

Nooch
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hell yeah man!!! Sad though it takes footage, since so many people get abused by cops who pull this shit. I wonder if you could report anything on him; seems like you have the proof he is making unjust tickets!

He's already going to get in at least a little bit of trouble with either his supervisor or that judge. In traffic court there's a thing called preponderance of evidence which basically means that there is no legal burden of proof, the cop's word is sufficient because, as a police officer, cop's do not lie. Which we all know is horseshit, but regardless, when a cop gets proven wrong in traffic court, he has basically been discredited and "shamed".

So good job Grim, you've single-handedly made the world of Title 42 a bit more legit!

GuitarX
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 11:21 AM
That's beyond awesome Grim! Congratulations!

Filo
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Sure, you won. But you're still a douche.

I kid, of course, having never met you.

I see why you didn't use the video as evidence. From my unofficial POV, you were going a little quickly in that area. Then, you passed the truck and maybe noticed the cop? If so, btw, way to be looking at the road ahead instead of your front wheel. I'll bet the cop wanted to get you on speeding but didn't have enough to make it stick (like a good radar reading or whatever it takes), so he gave you illegal pass. Either way, congrats on beating the rap. Douche. :)

Nooch
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Also, this is proof that every rider should own a GoPro!

As Grim mentioned, I was there that day and also got cited for "following too closely". I also had my GoPro running. But I decided against fighting the ticket in court because A. they offered me a plea bargain through the mail for 50% of the fine and a reduction to a non-moving violation (no insurance penalty) and B. because the Boulder statute says that following too closely involves "failure to maintain a reasonable or prudent distance" which is much less black-and-white than Grim's case.

But still, GoPro is your friend! :p

grim
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Sure, you won. But you're still a douche.

I kid, of course, having never met you.

I see why you didn't use the video as evidence. From my unofficial POV, you were going a little quickly in that area. Then, you passed the truck and maybe noticed the cop? If so, btw, way to be looking at the road ahead instead of your front wheel. I'll bet the cop wanted to get you on speeding but didn't have enough to make it stick (like a good radar reading or whatever it takes), so he gave you illegal pass. Either way, congrats on beating the rap. Douche. :)

What gets me is that He stated in court as i asked him "Did you actually see me pass the vehicle or did you just assume i had passed him in an illegal passing zone based on your memory of the road"? His answer was yes. Clearly in the video and the pictures i submitted I cannot see the sheriff because he was at the top of the hill so how could he have possibly seen me?

grim
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Damn, it wasn't even close to being an illegal pass. Sans video, you would have been paying the price for his incompetence or, worse, fabrication of what happened. In a system where the word of an officer is regarded more highly than a citizen in a testimony vs. testimony situation, I believe we need to have better accountability for officers. For something as egregiously wrong as this, the officer needs to suffer some consequences. You might consider letting one of the local news investigation teams know about this.

Submitted to channel 9 news

I received a ticket while riding my motorcycle in boulder county back in October 2011. I was pulled over lectured and issued a citation for "illegal passing" at the time i had a GoPro which is a recording device mounted to my helmet and it was recording my ride. What the officer does not know is that it was recording my alleged "illegal pass" which in fact was legal. I had my hearing yesterday where the judge ruled that my evidence was factual enough to prove it was a legal pass. We live in a world where where the word of an officer is regarded more highly than a citizen in a testimony vs. testimony situation, I believe we need to have better accountability for officers. and this particular scenario i believe is a pristine opportunity for you guys to shed light on the situation and make others aware that it may be possible that law enforcement may be taking advantage of there power.

I would be willing to interview and provide more detail along with the photos if you wish to pursue this as a story.

I stole your line if you don't mind but it had a good ring to it.

Snowman
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I see why you didn't use the video as evidence. From my unofficial POV, you were going a little quickly in that area. Then, you passed the truck and maybe noticed the cop? If so, btw, way to be looking at the road ahead instead of your front wheel. I'll bet the cop wanted to get you on speeding but didn't have enough to make it stick (like a good radar reading or whatever it takes), so he gave you illegal pass. Either way, congrats on beating the rap. Douche. :)So what you are saying is the officer didn't have enough evidence to give him a speeding ticket and so the created a lie in order to punish him for something he could not prove.

And how is something like this give credence to the idea that an officers word is more valuable than a civilians ?

However this does bring up an interesting point. Lets say Grim was speeding and the officer saw it and found out the grim had his GoPro running. How hard would it be for a law to be passed allowing the officer access to the Go Pro to prove his assumptions and write up Grim on speeding based on that evidence?

grim
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 12:14 PM
So what you are saying is the officer didn't have enough evidence to give him a speeding ticket and so the created a lie in order to punish him for something he could not prove.

And how is something like this give credence to the idea that an officers word is more valuable than a civilians ?

However this does bring up an interesting point. Lets say Grim was speeding and the officer saw it and found out the grim had his GoPro running. How hard would it be for a law to be passed allowing the officer access to the Go Pro to prove his assumptions and write up Grim on speeding based on that evidence?

The officer cannot take my Gopro or the video on it without my permission unless he had reasonable suspicion that i was driving recklessly in which he could then have arrested me and taken it in as evidence. Precisely why i DID NOT provide the video in the court as it is then evidence and charges of speeding can be brought up in the courtroom for speeding based on a pacing method used by the law enforcement officer as you cannot see my speedometer and even if you could have my speedometer is off by a lot and i could dispute that with proof.

Also i did not argue with the officer on location because him and i both know it would be a waste of our time and he did not ask if my gopro was running or not however he did know i had it on my helmet.

Come to think of it i could be wrong in the statement above as you cannot see any posted speed limit signs.

dirkterrell
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I stole your line if you don't mind but it had a good ring to it.

No problem. Good luck getting the news people interested.

#1Townie
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Fucking liar got owned. Good for you.

Filo
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM
So what you are saying is the officer didn't have enough evidence to give him a speeding ticket and so the created a lie in order to punish him for something he could not prove.

Yep, something like that.

I didn't say it did.

laspariahs
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Fucking piece of shit cops. At least this time justice was actually served.

Fumet5uNo
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 01:36 PM
good thing you changed your bike up that cop is going to have a hard on for you this year

McVaaahhh
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 01:45 PM
:cheers:

grim
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 01:54 PM

An officers word is more valuable than a civilians Snowman how do you think the court hearing would have gone if i did not have evidence that it was a legal pass the judge would rule in favor of the officer.

mastap07
siiiick

grim
good thing you changed your bike up that cop is going to have a hard on for you this year

True dat son true dat!

grim
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Oh i just remembered he saw me leave the parking lot on the ninja and he had noted the color of my gear on his report :lol:

Gramps
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 02:43 PM

Ghost
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Nice one Grim!

...I always debated whether a GoPro was more likely to help, or harm...Despite this example, I'm still not sure...

Zach929rr
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Nice one Grim!

...I always debated whether a GoPro was more likely to help, or harm...Despite this example, I'm still not sure...

Despite overwhelming evidence in the contrary to my opinion, I will continue to hold it.

i lold

Ghost
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Despite overwhelming evidence in the contrary to my opinion, I will continue to hold it.

i lold

The point is, I think Grim won this one only because the court accepted the photos as evidence, but did not require or demand the entire video be produced and played.

I think it worked for Grim because of the way that he set it up and the fact that the court didn't think to press the issue.

Had they confiscated his GoPro, and found anything else on it that was illegal then he'd likely have faced those charges as well.

So, again, in this particular example it worked, and good for Grim.

However, I'm not sure I want to bring along a video record of everything done on a bike that could implicate myself or others--especially in a world where more and more "black box" ECU data is being used against the owner of the vehicle.

I think, in this case, Grim got lucky.

salsashark
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 03:28 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/82197675.gif

grim
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 03:54 PM
The point is, I think Grim won this one only because the court accepted the photos as evidence, but did not require or demand the entire video be produced and played.

I think it worked for Grim because of the way that he set it up and the fact that the court didn't think to press the issue.

Wrong, At no point did i say i was recording video.

I told the court my GoPro was taking simultaneous pictures.

With this being said the court could not press anything further and the gopro was not present at the hearing just pictures printed on a piece of paper outlining the lines in the road and the position of the sheriff's vehicle when it was visible.

I didn't exactly go into this dispute blind folks i did my homework.

Cars-R-Coffins
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Incompetant deputy's name in case I run into him?

Clovis
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 05:43 PM
That and I can't see them really pressing on a traffic ticket.

Nice job Grim, glad it worked out for you.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Sheriff was lying but rather mistaken. I wish I had my GoPro turned on for the last ticket I got. I had it, but sitting on my passenger seat.

Wrong, At no point did i say i was recording video.

I told the court my GoPro was taking simultaneous pictures.

With this being said the court could not press anything further and the gopro was not present at the hearing just pictures printed on a piece of paper outlining the lines in the road and the position of the sheriff's vehicle when it was visible.

I didn't exactly go into this dispute blind folks i did my homework.

Grand
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 05:59 PM

That does it, I'm getting a camera.

willb003
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 06:11 PM
awesome.

Now the bad news, this police officer is gonna be mad and take it out on every sportbike he see's. Plus if you get pulled by that same officer you can bet he is gonna ask for that camera and your getting a ticket.

asp_125
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 06:21 PM
awesome.

Now the bad news, this police officer is gonna be mad and take it out on every sportbike he see's. Plus if you get pulled by that same officer you can bet he is gonna ask for that camera and your getting a ticket.

Protection against reasonable search & seizure? :dunno:

Stealth mount the GoPro or a smaller Contour etc.

grim
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Next time I'm on P2P I'm gonna fill my gopro case with gum balls and mount the camera somewhere else. :lol:

Zenshu
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Cop: Sir imma hafta take that camera....

Me: Either you show me a warrant allowing you to seize it, arrest me for something viable and confiscate it as evidence or politely go fuck yourself......

grim
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Cop: Sir imma hafta take that camera....

Me: Either you show me a warrant allowing you to seize it, arrest me for something viable and confiscate it as evidence or have a gumball and politely go fuck yourself......

Fixed

Zanatos
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Congrats on winning your case, Grim.

grim
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Congrats on winning your case, Grim.

Thank you

mdub
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Good one young blood!!! Dodge a bullet . Go celebrate!!!!!

Nooch
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 08:03 PM

Wouldn't this qualify as "res ipsa loquitur"? The photos Grim submitted were enough evidence to clearly show the facts of his case and he cannot be forced to provide further detail. Since the cop failed to rebutt when Grim provided his evidence, I think thats it. Case closed. The only thing that should change the scenario for anyone else would be whether the cop has evidence of his own. And if thats the case, its likely that you were not wrongly accused, as it appears Grim was. But Im no lawyer! :doublefinger:

this police officer is gonna be mad and take it out on every sportbike he see's.

Yeah he was already doing that before he cited Grim. There are several here who can attest to that lol! Guy was the kind of cop that probably went into law enforcement as a way to get revenge on all the cool kids who made fun of him in school. His first words to me on the side of the highway were "Theres only one reason to own one of these things and thats to break the law!".

stubbicatt
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Good on you Grim.

I'm still not convinced that the camera could be confiscated and a warrant subseuently requested to view the contents.

Cars-R-Coffins
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM
What's the deputy's name?

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Good on you Grim.

I'm still not convinced that the camera could be confiscated and a warrant subseuently requested to view the contents.

for a simple traffic citation?

I'm sure it would if there was a traffic accident.

cbrjohnny
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM
as more and more people have gopros i hope many others have the same effect as this.

johne303
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 04:44 PM
GoPro ftw! Now I want one more then ever. We should do a group buy!

thankgod
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Nice, Grim...:applause:

buddahson
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Nice win. I got a ticket for a very similar situation a year and a half ago. I made a legal pass while out of view of a cop. He was a few cars behind and could not see me due to the canyon walls. When we got to a straight and he could see I was a few more cars ahead, he pulled me and my buddy over. He was a total dick about the whole thing and gave us tickets for unsafe passing on the left or something stupid. I paid the mail in fine thinking it wasn't worth my time to fight. Got screwed on insurance for that. I think my buddy went in on his and they either dropped it or lowered the points and fine even further than the mail in. I learned my lesson. Next time I'm fighting back (in court).

Corporate MacGyver
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 08:44 PM
This could be a PR nightmare for the law enforcement officer and his supervisors... Did you ask the Officer under oath if he was aware of the penalties for perjury? and finally as the judge dismissed your charge.. did you query what her action would be with the DA about a possible perjury charge on the officer?

Great job by the way... :)

Clovis
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 09:00 PM
It's not perjury if the officer was just mistaken.

thankgod
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 09:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perjury DAMN YOU SOPA FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:bs:

Hoot
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM

Incompetence doesn't sound better than lying. And sure we all make mistakes... Like speeding without realizing it. Johnny law would still issue a ticket, he should still be reprimanded.

thankgod
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Incompetence doesn't sound better than lying. And sure we all make mistakes... Like speeding without realizing it. Johnny law would still issue a ticket, he should still be reprimanded.

+1

Corporate MacGyver
Sun Jan 29th, 2012, 09:19 AM

I agree.. however.. I believe if Grimm would have asked him under oath if he was sure beyond a reasonable doubt and if he was aware that he was under oath and had raised the specter of perjury while the officer was under oath... Then dropped the photos on the judge... The officer's excuse of ... must have been mistaken would have been pierced.

I might have also then followed up under cross examination of the officer, if he had instructed or directed by any of his superiors to aggressively ticket sportbike or any motorcycle riders by him or his fellow officers ... and I might have then asked how many similar tickets he had written that were not beyond a reasonable doubt guilty of any vehicular infraction. At this point, it goes to the credibility of the officer and would erode the preponderance of guilt ...

Each of these questions, under oath, starts to build a foundation of a pattern of guilt and perjury in court. Having his response ON RECORD becomes a potential crippling credibility of the officer for all future cases (at least till the statute of limitations is reached) ... The DA then is put into an awkward position of having to either defend the officer and his perjury in court... or face a potential 'do nothing' if the face of evidence issue.

Any future tickets issued by that officer for a similar infraction... this will and would become a part of a defense for other motorist... including motorcycle riders and cage operators.

I would love to see the media pick up on this... !!!!

RajunCajun
Mon Jan 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Incompetant deputy's name in case I run into him?

I'd like to know....

That and I can't see them really pressing on a traffic ticket.

Nice job Grim, glad it worked out for you.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Sheriff was lying but rather mistaken. I wish I had my GoPro turned on for the last ticket I got. I had it, but sitting on my passenger seat.

Mistaken?? Really?? Sounds more like plain old fabrication to me.

awesome.

Like others said, probably has been doing this^^

Again, it is if he was just lying through his arss!!

I agree.. however.. I believe if Grimm would have asked him under oath if he was sure beyond a reasonable doubt and if he was aware that he was under oath and had raised the specter of perjury while the officer was under oath... Then dropped the photos on the judge... The officer's excuse of ... must have been mistaken would have been pierced.

I might have also then followed up under cross examination of the officer, if he had instructed or directed by any of his superiors to aggressively ticket sportbike or any motorcycle riders by him or his fellow officers ... and I might have then asked how many similar tickets he had written that were not beyond a reasonable doubt guilty of any vehicular infraction. At this point, it goes to the credibility of the officer and would erode the preponderance of guilt ...

Each of these questions, under oath, starts to build a foundation of a pattern of guilt and perjury in court. Having his response ON RECORD becomes a potential crippling credibility of the officer for all future cases (at least till the statute of limitations is reached) ... The DA then is put into an awkward position of having to either defend the officer and his perjury in court... or face a potential 'do nothing' if the face of evidence issue.

Any future tickets issued by that officer for a similar infraction... this will and would become a part of a defense for other motorist... including motorcycle riders and cage operators.

I would love to see the media pick up on this... !!!!

And if he'd had the GoPro running while doing all of this! Awesome! and well done, Grim!!:applause::up::doublefinger: Bad Cops:piss:

Clovis
Mon Jan 30th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Everybody's a legal expert.

mdub
Mon Jan 30th, 2012, 09:35 AM

hehehe...your funny Chief Squirrel...

~Barn~
Mon Jan 30th, 2012, 09:37 AM
It's actually "you're funny". I only mention it, because I'm an actual expert.

mdub
Mon Jan 30th, 2012, 09:49 AM
right on professor!!!!

RajunCajun
Mon Jan 30th, 2012, 10:03 AM

"Mistaken" and plain old making shit up are two totally different things and I don't think a law degree has anything to do with knowing the difference.

sfarson
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 07:33 PM
grim... Late to the thread but want to say, "take a bow". Your tale reminds of an ex-state trooper acquaintance who was pulled over for speeding on South Turkey Creek. He had entered South Turkey from a side street on his bike, turned right and had ridden perhaps a mile or so before being pulled over for speeding. He didn't remember seeing a speed limit sign from the side street all the way to being caught. He knew I had a video of South Turkey Creek. He used it to challenge getting a speeding ticket when there was no posting of what the speed limit was. I don't know the law about frequency of sign placement, but he used it to his advantage via video.

modette99
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 08:38 PM
Come to think of it i could be wrong in the statement above as you cannot see any posted speed limit signs.

And the fish eye lens makes things look faster then they are. My off-road videos look like I'm hauling when I am just crawling along...LOL GoPro is very inaccurate to judge speed from.

Ghosty
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 08:52 PM
...the cop's word is sufficient because, as a police officer, cop's do not lie. Which we all know is horseshit.
AMEN! Speaking from personal experience, it kills me when I get effed to fulfill some cop's quota or whatever. Congrats on beating the system.

grim
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 09:04 PM
grim... Late to the thread but want to say, "take a bow". Your tale reminds of an ex-state trooper acquaintance who was pulled over for speeding on South Turkey Creek. He had entered South Turkey from a side street on his bike, turned right and had ridden perhaps a mile or so before being pulled over for speeding. He didn't remember seeing a speed limit sign from the side street all the way to being caught. He knew I had a video of South Turkey Creek. He used it to challenge getting a speeding ticket when there was no posting of what the speed limit was. I don't know the law about frequency of sign placement, but he used it to his advantage via video.

I took a bow and did a little dance.

MilkMan
Wed Feb 1st, 2012, 12:36 AM
THis makes me so hapy, you have no idea!!!! You are officially my hero of the week!! Glad you stuck it to those fuckers for once!! And remember folks, in the good ol USA, you are GUILTY untill you can somehow, maybe, possibly, more than likely not, prove yourself innocent. The court system is a money grubbing, non working, piece of shit. The only thing the state courts give a damn about is taking your money, that is all, seriously nothing else. I wish I would have had a video camera in my car a few years back when I had my license plate number phoned in by some "civilian "hero"" on the highway, and then was pulled over more than 50 miles away from the supposed "offence" and recieved an 8 point reckless driving ticket by a state trooper WHO NEVER FUCKING SAW ANY OF THE SAID INFRACTIONS!! That ticket landed me with over $400 in fines and a good number of hours of community service just for me to keep my license. Again, none of the things I was called in for were even possible, because I was stuck in traffic on I25 between monument and castle rock. This would have been an easy one to win had I had camera proof, thats for sure. Good job again man! I think we all owe you a beer for good measure!! Fuck the police commin straight outa Compton!!!!!!
-Mick-

Cornfed
Wed Feb 1st, 2012, 05:37 AM
THis makes me so hapy, you have no idea!!!! You are officially my hero of the week!! Glad you stuck it to those fuckers for once!! And remember folks, in the good ol USA, you are GUILTY untill you can somehow, maybe, possibly, more than likely not, prove yourself innocent. The court system is a money grubbing, non working, piece of shit. The only thing the state courts give a damn about is taking your money, that is all, seriously nothing else. I wish I would have had a video camera in my car a few years back when I had my license plate number phoned in by some "civilian "hero"" on the highway, and then was pulled over more than 50 miles away from the supposed "offence" and recieved an 8 point reckless driving ticket by a state trooper WHO NEVER FUCKING SAW ANY OF THE SAID INFRACTIONS!! That ticket landed me with over $400 in fines and a good number of hours of community service just for me to keep my license. Again, none of the things I was called in for were even possible, because I was stuck in traffic on I25 between monument and castle rock. This would have been an easy one to win had I had camera proof, thats for sure. Good job again man! I think we all owe you a beer for good measure!! Fuck the police commin straight outa Compton!!!!!!
-Mick-

Ya, what he said.

PunyJuney
Wed Feb 1st, 2012, 06:49 AM
I've lost track of how many times now,

WHAT'S HIS NAME? Maybe even send us the case number so we can all reference the verdict later.

Congrats on the win. It's rare and beautiful, so thanks for sharing!

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Feb 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM
I've lost track of how many times now,

WHAT'S HIS NAME? Maybe even send us the case number so we can all reference the verdict later.

Congrats on the win. It's rare and beautiful, so thanks for sharing!
Been asking, still waiting.

grim
Wed Feb 1st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Sorry kids I am unable to give a name as the officer did not write or sign his name on the ticket, he merely initialed it.

I am going to be making a call to boulder county courthouse this week to get information on the case and verification everything is good. When I do so I will get the officers information.

grim
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I just got off the phone with some philly from the Channel 9 News team and she wants to make a story out of this I will providing her with more specifics tomorrow so that she can contact the boulder county Sheriff's office and get their side of the story...if this goes down i don't think i will be hitting P2P this summer :lol:

Bueller
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Last time someone let the news media do a story on them it didn't turn out very positive for them.
They spin it however they think they will get the "best" story.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the quantity of tickets received by CSC members this season is going to be a record?

mdub
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I would not talk to them. Fuck 'em...

TransNone13
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 05:28 PM
GJ Grim :)

grim
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 06:14 PM
We will see how they spin this she wasn't too pleased i told her she can't have the video she can only have images, an interview from me, and nothing more.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe I'm not paranoid enough. But I think it's a bad idea to publicly humiliate the LEO's that patrol our local playground.

mdub
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 06:19 PM
your paranoid...

plus grim, i would askt them...what is in it for me?

grim
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe I'm not paranoid enough. But I think it's a bad idea to publicly humiliate the LEO's that patrol our local playground.

I see what you mean I don't really want to be the asshole that made the Leo's start being complete dicks to all sport bikes but then again I did make a sherif look like a complete assbag in front of the judge so there's already one out there with a bad taste in his mouth.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM
One is fine. We will all deal with it if necessary and you have the backing of the club for sure. FWIW, I'll support your decision either way... just wanted to put it out there...

Nick_Ninja
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Simple. Fight ALL infractions. Even if you are questionable in innocence.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Simple. Fight ALL infractions. Even if you are questionable in innocence.

He did that already... and won. The current issue is going on TV and calling the deputy an idiot using some less offensive verbiage.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'd not go on TV. If it were me I got what I wanted and they can go fuck themselves. :321:

grim
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I'd not go on TV. If it were me I got what I wanted and they can go fuck themselves. :321:

Very true the satisfaction of walking out of the courtroomNvictorious was quite euphoric tv won't do that. I just mainly want to spread the word that obviously Johnny law is abusing thier power.

Cornfed
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I just mainly want to spread the word that obviously Johnny law is abusing thier power.

Im with you. I mean really, LEOs are just people like us, yet they seem to have some sort of superiority complex. I think we would all respond better to an officer that talks to us rather than lectures us like we are kids getting yelled out by our father. As far as Im concerned LEO can kiss my black ass. Besides the Rocky Mountains run through more than just Boulder county. Id rather be on the track anyway.

Good luck in what ever you decide with Channel 9, you know you have my support. :up:

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 20th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Last time someone let the news media do a story on them it didn't turn out very positive for them.
They spin it however they think they will get the "best" story.

this :applause:

bulldog
Tue Feb 21st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Very true the satisfaction of walking out of the courtroomNvictorious was quite euphoric tv won't do that. I just mainly want to spread the word that obviously Johnny law is abusing thier power. Nice :up:

Although I always wonder if this secret "black book" exists and then you will be put on it and be on every cops shit list :dunno:

dirkterrell
Tue Feb 21st, 2012, 08:51 AM
I see what you mean I don't really want to be the asshole that made the Leo's start being complete dicks to all sport bikes but then again I did make a sherif look like a complete assbag in front of the judge so there's already one out there with a bad taste in his mouth.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Others whom I respect a lot have weighed in on this. Let me give you my view of things for your consideration...

You have clear evidence, and a judicial ruling supporting it, of a law officer charging you improperly with a traffic offense. Our judicial system operates under the assumption that the word of a law officer carries more weight than that of a citizen. This is a clear example of the danger in that assumption. Yours is certainly a situation less damaging than being falsely accused of a violent crime, but it is important nonetheless to bring this sort of thing to the attention of the public. The officer either made a mistake or he made a false claim intentionally. Both require action by his superiors. And by bringing this to the attention of your fellow citizens, you make it more likely that such actions will be properly dealt with.

The public needs to be aware of instances of poor performance or illegal activity by public servants. It is absolutely your right to decide whether to take further action on this. My approach would be to expose it as far and wide as I could because I believe it is a bigger issue than one person. I have a history of standing up for things I thought were right, even if it meant a negative retribution towards me. And I have paid dearly for it in some cases, and been vindicated in others. I don't believe we should abandon something we think is right and cower in fear of an unjust punishment that might come our way. Such behavior is what feeds those who lust for power, and use injustice as the means to achieve it. Yes, yours is a small bit in a huge battle, but it is your bit to perform.

So you, and only you, can decide what to do. You should do what you think is best.