PDA

View Full Version : Tfog time

johne303
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I just dropped off my zx6r. Im getting new tires, suspension adjusted, and brake bleeding. Hopefully all goes well.

AOK303
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Did you see my bike its there

johne303
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I didnt. His garage was closed.

Sully
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Did you see my bike its there

I saw it there a few weeks ago.. :( What did you decide to do after the mishap?

AOK303
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Fix it and not be retarded anymore Oi was painful to look at but it will be all new

TFOGGuys
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah, parts are supposed to be in Tuesday... I'll believe it when I see it..

AOK303
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Honda really hates sending me parts, even on my car just because it a rare model takes extra 3 weeks to get from japan

i should of taken a pic of my poor front to remind me of what could happen

johne303
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Yeah, parts are supposed to be in Tuesday... I'll believe it when I see it..

Tfog take before and after pictures

Zenshu
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I feel your pain lol...I have been waiting for 2 weeks now for one simple fuel pump for my zx6r and still no word from Kawasaki as to when it might be off of backorder. *sigh* I need to just order 1 extra of everything and keep them in a vacusealed box just incase I need it so I wont have to wait on parts anymore.

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Jan 28th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I feel your pain lol...I have been waiting for 2 weeks now for one simple fuel pump for my zx6r and still no word from Kawasaki as to when it might be off of backorder. *sigh* I need to just order 1 extra of everything and keep them in a vacusealed box just incase I need it so I wont have to wait on parts anymore.

appears that ebay has stock

Zenshu
Sun Jan 29th, 2012, 12:48 AM
I dont trust ebay for mechanical parts...I can wait and pay the money for a new fuel pump or buy a used one from random internet troll number 2...and since every single one that was on ebay was listed as no returns excepted when My bike died I am just going to assume that they are all people who are trying to get recouped some money from getting fucked by kawasucki by fucking someone else with their burnt out fuel pumps.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Jan 29th, 2012, 08:47 AM
people say "no returns" because they don't want you sending it back when you realize you don't know how to properly troubleshoot your problems and decide you didn't really need a pump.

You still have feedback to give the seller and sellers are protective of their reputation. If you get a pump and it does not work, then you contact the seller. Look for ones that are coming from a salvage dealer who parted out a running bike.

I got a fairing stay that was bent from an ebay seller. Contacted them with pictures. They offered to take it back although it was listed as "no returns". I suggested a new price, they refunded most of my money, and I tweaked it back straight.

rforsythe
Sun Jan 29th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Yep. There is a difference between "no returns" i.e. I decided I didn't want it so give me my money back -- totally understandable -- and someone selling a broken part and claiming it was functional, which is (a) fraud and (b) protected when you use PayPal.

madvlad
Sun Jan 29th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I know you've been frustrated with the whole fuel pump thing but for the love of God do not forget to also order the gas tank seal with the pump or you'll add another couple weeks of frustration to your riding season.

johne303
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 05:43 PM
I picked up my bike today. Bike is ready for the summer! Thank you Jim.

Btw, i saw ur cbr1000. It doesn't look too bad.

AOK303
Wed Feb 1st, 2012, 02:03 AM
did you see the Front?

jbnwc
Wed Feb 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM
people say "no returns" because they don't want you sending it back when you realize you don't know how to properly troubleshoot your problems and decide you didn't really need a pump.

You still have feedback to give the seller and sellers are protective of their reputation. If you get a pump and it does not work, then you contact the seller. Look for ones that are coming from a salvage dealer who parted out a running bike.

I got a fairing stay that was bent from an ebay seller. Contacted them with pictures. They offered to take it back although it was listed as "no returns". I suggested a new price, they refunded most of my money, and I tweaked it back straight.

As an Ebay seller, I never used to put a return policy on anything because I never sold anything that was crap. That said, I always work with people regardless of what my various policies state. This is a fact - there are some phenomenal deals on Ebay if you are willing to buy from a person or small business rather than a corporation. I sell lots of new stuff for half or less of retail.