PDA

View Full Version : I'm BAAAAAACKKKK

Swift
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 12:12 AM
Hello my friends,

I have returned, on the same shitty BMW from last year. :doublefinger:

Just to keep the nonsense to a minimum and not drag this out toooooo terribly much, I signed up with the 140th @ Buckley AFB as an F16 crew chief and I'll be shipping out sometime between July and August (supposedly).

I'm still going to college, just doing the Air National Guard thing right now and possibly active duty if I can pull off a pilot slot after I get my degree (ATV4 Professional Pilot @ Metro State). Fingers crossed.

The beater beemer is still running like a champ (just can't kill the SOB even at damn near 75K miles). I didn't winterize it other than putting some stabil or whatever the hell it is in the gas tank hoping it would just die from being parked. But I went to start it the other day and she fired right up with no issues. Paints still looking great after I washed all the dust off. Spark was a little weak initially but its all fine and dandy now after an 80 mile city ride. The weird thing is, it actually feels like its running even better than it did last season (60 degree temps the past couple days obviously but still).

I continue to be amazed by the quality of BMW machines. Obviously Guns, Bombs, and Goose can kill them with ease but holy hell. :wtf:

Still planning to sell it hopefully sooner rather than later so I can move on to moar powah. Just need to get a new front tire and a service appt to make sure everything is still bueno. More details on that later next month most likely.

Anyway, I'll be getting back into the routine fairly quick so I'll start seeing you guys out in the canyons again soon.

-Rob

AOK303
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 02:02 AM
Welcome back I'll see you in the canyons soon

madvlad
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 06:10 AM
Lol wow man thought you got abducted or some shit lol, welcome back.

GuitarX
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 09:23 AM
I was wondering why this place was so quiet. ;-)

Welcome back bro, good luck on the pilot slot!

WolFeYeZ
Tue Jan 31st, 2012, 09:26 AM
Welcome back swift. Time for some riding :D

Swift
Thu Feb 2nd, 2012, 01:35 AM
Thanks gents. No no aliens here lol just lots and lots of irons in the fire.
Definitely gonna make it a point to take St. Patty's day parade off this year so I don't have work cutting the fun short.

Cornfed
Thu Feb 2nd, 2012, 05:43 AM
Welcome back. The days are getting longer and spring will be here soon. See ya at Moco!

Keyser Soze
Thu Feb 2nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/119/638/waynesworld-cool-story-bro.jpg

Mother Goose
Thu Feb 2nd, 2012, 08:43 AM
Wait, you were gone? :lol: jk, welcome back!

Slo
Thu Feb 2nd, 2012, 08:52 AM
Welcome back!! What are you going to replace the BMW with?

Swift
Thu Feb 2nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Wait, you were gone? :lol: jk, welcome back!
Missed you too, mom. :wait:

Welcome back!! What are you going to replace the BMW with?

Probably a Ducati. Still not 100% sure.

Slo
Thu Feb 2nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
Probably a Ducati. Still not 100% sure.

Alright, just a heads up since I didn't know about this until recently (3-4 weeks ago) when helping a friend pick a Ducati. Almost pulled the trigger on an 848 dark.

There is a huge issue with gas tanks on 848's, 1098's, 1198's, and monsters with plastic tanks. I believe the 1198sp is the only one that comes with an aluminum tank, so beware. The plastic doesn't fair well with the ethanol levels here in the US.

Bubbling, deformation, and leaking has occured.

Ducati have been warrantying them, however, once out of warranty, I believe the tanks are about 1800 (i think). The replacement part is a smaller gas tank as well.

You may already know this....but just in case.

grim
Thu Feb 2nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
When you planning to hit the canyons again?

Swift
Sat Feb 4th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Interesting, hadn't heard that. Was most likely gonna go the route of a 996 or a 999. Guess I'll look into it further when I get closer to finding my replacement.

Probably will hit the canyons up once I've got a new front tire and the roads aren't quite so trashed. I'm sure this snow storm hasn't helped any.

vort3xr6
Sat Feb 4th, 2012, 08:44 AM
You fly jets? Jealous.

Swift
Sat Feb 4th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Someone wasn't paying attention. lol

Hibs
Sat Feb 4th, 2012, 12:11 PM
who are you? welcome weekend warrior.

grim
Sat Feb 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
He's swift...duh

brennahm
Sun Feb 5th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Can he go BAAAAAAAACKKKKKK where he came from?

Swift
Mon Feb 6th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Can he go BAAAAAAAACKKKKKK where he came from?

Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humor.

Titus
Fri Feb 24th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Alright, just a heads up since I didn't know about this until recently (3-4 weeks ago) when helping a friend pick a Ducati. Almost pulled the trigger on an 848 dark.

There is a huge issue with gas tanks on 848's, 1098's, 1198's, and monsters with plastic tanks. I believe the 1198sp is the only one that comes with an aluminum tank, so beware. The plastic doesn't fair well with the ethanol levels here in the US.

Bubbling, deformation, and leaking has occured.

Ducati have been warrantying them, however, once out of warranty, I believe the tanks are about 1800 (i think). The replacement part is a smaller gas tank as well.

You may already know this....but just in case.

Yeah, plastic tanks + shitty American Ethanol blended fuel = no bueno...

Fortunately Ducati is extending the warranty 5 years on the tank because of the problem.

It can be prevented if you use the Stabil marine treatment with every tank, or you can have the tank interior coated which completely solves the problem.