PDA

View Full Version : Looky what I'm getting...

Anonymous
Wed Sep 10th, 2003, 04:36 PM
http://www.gixxer.com/uploads/rx_wraith_lrg.jpg

I've tried a lot on, and this had amazing fit, was super light, etc.

I also discovered something ... I got my Quantum when I was just starting out, and didn't know a lot about helmet fit. I've learned a lot since then, so rather than just order another medium, I made sure I went and tried them all on again. I found out ... I should actually be wearing a SMALL helmet to get the proper fit!! After comparing S to M I was able to properly identify areas like the back top half of my skull where it was too loose - and we all know my feelings on that topic by now, so this was enlightening for sure.

My current one, which is beat up anyway, is a medium. And after realizing what I did today, I think it's too loose on me; it's a tiny bit tighter, but not much. It's also broken in, but still... So I'm done with trackdays until that bad boy up there shows up (probably going to have to get it special order due to it being a rare design), since I dunno what my current one is going to really do for me besides save a bit of roadrash. :(

However I'd rather discover these things this way, than the alternative.

RSVR4aCowboy
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Great helmets. Dropped my RX7-RR4 for the fourth time and finally broke a diffuser. I just bought the following off eBay... I tried on the new RX7-Corsair and love it. It's alot like the RR4 but a few different improvements.

http://www.araiamericas.com/product/rx/rx_large/rx_wired_red_lrg.jpg

Plan to have the RR4 checked by Arai and have the diffuser repaired so I'll have a couple good helmets. :D

Anonymous
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Did you actually break the diffuser, or just knock it off the top? If the latter, some thin but strong double sided adhesive will work, that's all Arai uses.

RSVR4aCowboy
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 11:17 AM
I lost the center/front vent cover and cracked the diffuser on the right side. I'd have to get a new piece for the center vent. It's ok for use except if it rains hard :lol: :lol:

I wanted the Hayden Corsair when I first tried it on so this gave me the excuse to buy it. :D

The RR4 has been knocked on the ground alot lately :twisted: both by Jacki and me. Figured I would have Arai take a look at it as soon as I get the new one.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 11:20 AM
I tried on the new RX7-Corsair and love it.

I have an RX-7, it's the best helmet I've ever owned or borrowed!!

Anonymous
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Yeah, if I sent my Quantum to Arai they'd fall on the floor laughing, take it directly outside, and burn it I'm sure.

It's time for a new one... ;)

RSVR4aCowboy
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 11:28 AM
I tried on the new RX7-Corsair and love it.

I have an RX-7, it's the best helmet I've ever owned or borrowed!!

I agree. I tried the Suomys and for some reason, when I tilt my head back as I would when crouched on the bike, the chin piece presses on my my chin :x I love the graphics on the Suomys but haven't found a more comfortable helmet than the Arais.

Anonymous
Thu Sep 11th, 2003, 11:38 AM
I also tried on a Shoei last night. I know some people like 'em, but it was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever worn! I took it off immediately and put it back on the shelf.

That Arai felt like it was a part of my head, instead of just something strapped onto the top of it. That's how a helmet *should* feel.

Rick T.
Sat Sep 13th, 2003, 10:37 AM
I suppose each head is very different...

I have an RF800 Shoei w/c I LOVE... she's 'ole faithful (along with my AGV X-Vent Rossi w/c was destroyed when I crashed on the Mille). I also have two Suomy Gunwinds - these italian helets are awsome... superb quality and value. I've had a FM helmet (Tomb Raider graphics), seemed to fit well, but returned I it because of excessive wind noise (this thing was LOUD) - FMs are made in italy as well. Then the worst of the bunch... Bieffe - I have a BR16 Biaggi replica w/c seems to be of the lowest "quality"... fit is decent, but the thing just doesn't not hold up to the quality standard my other helmets have. Its DOT and SNELL rated so I still wear it on the track...

IF I had an Arai head (or the $$), then I too would get the Arai RX7 Corsair... That thing is BaaaaaD-Assss...

-gary
Wed Sep 24th, 2003, 12:27 PM
I tried Arai before settling on the RF-900. My head felt like it was being crushed from the sides with no feeling in the front or back and their small shield really bugged me. Really wanted an Arai too, as they seem to be the best helmet around.

My previous was a 2000 Bieffe something-or-another and you might as well not be wearing anything noise wise. My ears would be ringing on short 10min normal highway speed rides.