PDA

View Full Version : Speed Traps? in Colorado Springs

thatmofo
Tue Feb 7th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Post the location of these in town if they are on a smooth road:

http://www.georgiaduilawblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/31/frustrated-driver-files-federal-lawsuit-against-georgia-speed-trap/speedtrap.jpg

I want to see if an r/c car will register on one of them as I'm too poor to buy a radar gun.

grim
Tue Feb 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM
never mind just noticed you said colorado springs

Wrider
Tue Feb 7th, 2012, 08:00 AM
FWIW they will display half of your speed if you exceed the sign's speed display limitations... Or so I've heard...

Achupernt
Tue Feb 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Its snowing+people drive like idiots down here anyway=PD doesnt put those out this time of year.

The Black Knight
Tue Feb 7th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Its snowing+people drive like idiots down here anyway=PD doesnt put those out this time of year.
There's one(well was as of Sunday) on Barnes just West of Peterson Rd. Not sure if it was there today, as I didn't go through there. But it has been there for the past two weeks. I used to love those things on my sportbikes. The CSPD ones usually only register up to 99mph. However, when I had my R1(2004ish) the county had one out on Marksheffle and I got it up to 117mph when I went by it. It was the old school model though.

Drano
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM
There are a few permanent signs around town but I can't say from experience how high they measure. One that I know of is near Chapel Hills mall on Lexington Drive, it's eastbound from Union but might be too busy for an rc car.

Clovis
Sat Feb 11th, 2012, 12:15 AM
I found out the hard way the other day that Mesa Ridge Parkway (Fountain, CO) drops from 45 to 40mph about a block before I-25. In my 8 years of driving on that road I thought it was 45mph the whole way... I never noticed that last sign until I got a ticket.

TransNone13
Sat Feb 11th, 2012, 06:21 PM
For 5 over? Your speed-o could have that margin of error... Unless of course you were already taking that into account on 45mph lol.

Clovis
Sat Feb 11th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Sorry, it was for 54 in a 40. So 9 over and 1 point becomes 14 over and 4 points

thatmofo
Sat Feb 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM
We can trade tickets!! Then I won't need this r/c car anymore!

#1Townie
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Not sure it would be big enough to be picked up by one of those. Also the permanent ones flash red and blue at anything 5 over. See if you can find a cool cop in the neighborhood doing a routine patrol. I would start with the S O.

Swift
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Instead of the Red and Blue flashers it should say in bold print "You're Fucked!"

Drano
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Was driving through my neighborhood and noticed a mobile radar unit on Paradox Drive where it intersects Slickrock Drive if you're still looking for one.

#1Townie
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Use trapster in your smart phone. It works really well.

WolFeYeZ
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM
FWIW they will display half of your speed if you exceed the sign's speed display limitations... Or so I've heard...

So that is why that one on central city speedway always shows my speed around 50 X.x

thatmofo
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I have realized that I need a longer straight road than most streets have near those traps so I am just going to buy a GPS unit for the car. Thanks for pointing them out though.

Here is a video of my car during the day with the slow gears in it:

http://youtu.be/pieULgH3zN0