PDA

View Full Version : one of the worst repos i have ever had to clean

#1Townie
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 05:52 PM
ok so i get a call from a new client. we have signed up for this online auction thing and they want this car to do to it. we agree on prices and they send the file. i get there to pick up the truck and this is what i find.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/nvrider/nastyrepo5.jpg

at first im like ok they have a bunch of crap in it. i hit the door and ask for my guy. tells me never heard the name before. im like really? guys like yeah. tell him i dont want to call him a liar but his truck is in the drive. old man says oh him? im like yeah him. well he used to date my daughter but he didnt have a job so she dumped him. im like ok do you have the key for it? no they shut of his onstar for not making the payment. im like what does onstar have to do with this. he then tells me that if you dont make your payment onstar shuts off your car. im like ok. lol. btw no they dont. this truck has a pass time in it. he didnt get a new code. go out to the truck and the key is in the ignition. im like sweet. get my lift under it and pick the truck up and i can feel the weight in the bed. thats when i notice all the paint cans. damn truck feels like picking up a 2500. thats about 2 thousand pounds of paint in this truck.

once back to the yard i notice it has alot of solvents in it as well. some of that stuff if mixed can get a little dangerous. so now i have to go through all this. yeah for me. lol

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/nvrider/nastyrepo7.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/nvrider/nastyrepo6.jpg
this next phot is about a hour into it. just before i find the blood jug. after that it was latex gloves time and a little hand washing. ALOT OF HOT WATER BLEACH USING HAND WASHING!!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/nvrider/IMG_20120210_115353.jpg

at the end of the day it looked like this.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/nvrider/nastyrepo4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/nvrider/nastyrepotwo.jpg

this was all the crap i threw out. it was empty before i started.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/nvrider/nastyrepo3.jpg

i really really hate people.

#1Townie
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 05:53 PM
o yeah and i havent even goten to the cab yet.

mdub
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM
"just before i find the blood jug."

eloborate? really blood jug...

#1Townie
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 06:22 PM
yeah theres a pic of it on here in another thread. and yes just how it sounds. fucking nasty!! i cant say how much i hate people.

willb003
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 08:03 PM
So what exactly happens to that vehicle or any repo'd vehic
Like you go pick it up, bring to yard... then what?

#1Townie
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Normally they get picked up and go to a dealer auction. This one is going to a online auction. Its a new thing we registered withnlast year to help keep our clients costs down.

willb003
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM
So would a title for a repo'd vehic be different?

#1Townie
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Nope.

willb003
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 08:13 PM
repo bikes very often?
Also where these auctions at?
Do you normally just do repo's or venture into other things like roadside and parking violation.

#1Townie
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Yeah my primary fuction is summer equipment. So yeah i do alot of bikes. Bikes go cali and you need a dealer license. I dont do roadside but i have my puct numbers. I do some private parker tows but not much.

willb003
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM
So is winter busier for you than summer

#1Townie
Fri Feb 10th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Our peak in business is right around the holidays. After the first banks kind of wait for the taxe returns. We pick back uparound may-july. Things kind come in waves.

modette99
Sat Feb 11th, 2012, 11:15 AM
So how does one get into Repo...I think it be interesting.

mdub
Sat Feb 11th, 2012, 11:17 AM
The questions are looping around ....hahahahahahah

#1Townie
Sat Feb 11th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah its usually the same questions I get. I like to set people straight with all the tv shows out there. I got into repo after a long list of failed jobs. Didn't even want this job at first. It didn't take long at all to fall in love with it.

#1Townie
Sat Feb 11th, 2012, 01:13 PM
If you are thinking about doing this job you have to look deep inside yourself. I know I come off as a big hot head but when im in my truck im someone else. I hide alot of who I am im. You have to understand its not like on tv. Most of us work alone. There is no back up. Cops come out you loose. You have to be able to face very dangerous situations without blinking. You can't show people fear. You can't show any kind of weakness. Can you honestly look deep inside yourself and know that when you show to some poor bastard that gives you the same story you have yourself and begs for a little help and still do your job? Im good at turning off my emotions for work but it can be very hard. You will relate to people but you still have a job to do. At the end of the you might work for 18the hours and not make a single dollar. Its a giant strain on family and other relationships. There's alot the tv shows don't tell.

mastap07
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 06:39 AM
do you typically have to be big like lu or sonya? lol im sure in this (and possibly other jobs) size does matter!

sprtbkbabe
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 09:02 AM
It's amazing how people live, let alone how their nasty lives transfer over to their vehicles.

Try cleaning these people's houses! It's how I paid my way through college and I will NEVER do it again.

The worst was the 2 dogs who had :poo: all over the inside of the once beautiful $1MIL+ home in C.Creek

bulldog
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Wow, people never seem to amaze me! How sick, but watching some of those "hoarding" shows doesn't surprise me.

Hey at least you didn't find a bleeding out guy in that truck that needed help but decided to call 911 and hide while the paremedics came. :lol: Or better yet just throw all that stuff in a river...who cares right as long as YOUR family is safe [sarcasm from another post]

salsashark
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 09:24 AM
^^ :lol:

I like the hoarding shows... whenever I get upset because my dog tracks mud all over the hardwoods, all I have to do is watch a little bit of one of those shows and I realize it's not that bad.

As for the rolling garbage dump this guy turned his car into... I don't get it. I have issues with cars like this. My brother's car is a prime example. While it may not be littered with wrappers and the like, everything's dirty, the cup holders have dried up soda in them and it smells like old french fries. I feel like I need to take a shower after sitting in it for any length of time.

#1Townie
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM
do you typically have to be big like lu or sonya? lol im sure in this (and possibly other jobs) size does matter!
no size means nothing. Its all about conflict resolution. How well you can handle a very hostile situation and make it peaceful. Being able to push a person right to the braking point without sending them over the top. One of the things I like to do is look around for something they care about. Get them talking about that. Once you get their guard down come back to talking about the unit. See the difference in how they talk. Body language. So no size means nothing. Intimidation doesn't work. Its also very illegal and opens you up for a very dangerous set of events. Last year we had a tow truck driver loose control of a non consensual tow. He got himself killed. Its not worth my life to get my wanted unit.

bulldog
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 09:45 AM
do you typically have to be big like lu or sonya? lol im sure in this (and possibly other jobs) size does matter! Training is more important than size!

Just look at Jose Aldo who weighs 145, but could beat up a normal guy twice his size...easily. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Aldo

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/61/61284.jpg

#1Townie
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Wow, people never seem to amaze me! How sick, but watching some of those "hoarding" shows doesn't surprise me.

Hey at least you didn't find a bleeding out guy in that truck that needed help but decided to call 911 and hide while the paremedics came. :lol: Or better yet just throw all that stuff in a river...who cares right as long as YOUR family is safe [sarcasm from another post]

Blaaahahahahaha!

Yeah those hoarding shows are something else to watch. The things people hold on to.

bulldog
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Blaaahahahahaha!

Yeah those hoarding shows are something else to watch. The things people hold on to. Just glad you were BRAVE enough to clean it up yourself! Just think of the safety of your family if you got sick from this stuff...much better to get someone else to do it so they are at risk instead! :lol:

modette99
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 11:10 AM
It's amazing how people live, let alone how their nasty lives transfer over to their vehicles.

Try cleaning these people's houses! It's how I paid my way through college and I will NEVER do it again.

The worst was the 2 dogs who had :poo: all over the inside of the once beautiful $1MIL+ home in C.Creek

Yep, I remember we lived next to some people at one point that the story was their house was on fire so the guy across the street busted a basement window to make sure no one was in there, jumped in and landed in a pile of poo, then he realized the whole basement was covered in poo. He said if the house ever caught on fire again, they could just burn for all he cared.

#1Townie
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Just glad you were BRAVE enough to clean it up yourself! Just think of the safety of your family if you got sick from this stuff...much better to get someone else to do it so they are at risk instead! :lol:

yeah screw that. now i have to figure out how to toss this thing. i cant seem to find anyone that wants to take this jug of blood off my hands. they want me to clean it out and toss it. i have no idea what kind crap is in that blood. guess i will poor about five gallons of bleach into that trash can. then pull out the latex gloves and take the cap off and drop the into the bleech.

want to come down for the fun?? lol

enabler118
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 12:54 AM
you ought to see if any of those baseball cards in the cab are worth anything...

#1Townie
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Yeah I could really care less. It all gets tossed. I don't care about personal property. Alot of people try to keep and sell it. I take any kind of blankets and that to donate but everything else finds its way to the dumpster.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 09:16 AM
yeah screw that. now i have to figure out how to toss this thing. i cant seem to find anyone that wants to take this jug of blood off my hands. they want me to clean it out and toss it. i have no idea what kind crap is in that blood. guess i will poor about five gallons of bleach into that trash can. then pull out the latex gloves and take the cap off and drop the into the bleech.

want to come down for the fun?? lolI'm sure there are some vampire forums around that would want it. I'd make sure you have a clothes pin for your nose when you crack that thing open.

#1Townie
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 09:44 AM
yeah im not looking forward to that.