PDA

View Full Version : Shop Recommendation for Steering / Suspension Work?

JustSomeDude
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 04:39 PM
It's time to get the Jeep in before the spring rolls around. I already know I'm due for some ball joints, but also would like the steering assembly checked out, wheel bearings, etc., without someone telling me I need a tranny service, some diff. lube, and 19 other things I didn't even ask for.

Can anyone sugget a good/reliable shop?

cbrjohnny
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
a good way to check your steering is to have someone shake the wheel lightly side to side while you put your hand on the moving ends, ie tie rod pitman etc. if you see or feel any movement you should probably replace them. also look at the bushings and any connection hardware for dry rotting or cracking if so replace them (maybe think about a polyurethane bushing kit). sometimes you have to remove bolts/nuts to inspect some sway bar link hardware. you will also need an alignment after any front end work is done.

modette99
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I heard Firestone is great for front end alignment, cost is $120 but good for life. Meaning you put on bigger tires or lift it up, in you go without paying.

JonnyD
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I had the front end of my '00 Dakota done up at:
Big O Tires
1301 S. Boulder Rd.
Louisville, CO 80027
They did one HELL of a job! I had pretty well worn out / destroyed everything up front. Adam called me back with everything I needed, nothing I didn't. Did a fair job, estimated time properly, very satisfied customer.