PDA

View Full Version : angry debtor

#1Townie
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 01:16 PM
forgot NSFW audio.

figured i would share this as people are enjoying it.

this happened about a year ago. i was in nevada on vacation when one of my drivers had picked up this mans truck. the debtor calls me ranting about his. tells me his driver just drove off and didnt let him get his stuff out of the truck. that goes against our policies. i try to get the man to calm down and make him understand that im not the person that picked up his unit. he doesnt care. so i tell him either loose the tone and stop cussing at me or this conversation would be over. his response? what the fuck you going to do about it? have a nice day sir. click. this is the voice mail he left after that.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/nvrider/?action=view&current=Movie.mp4

after this i called the driver that picked up that unit and asked why he didnt let the person get their stuff out of it. he tells me he hooked it and as he rolled out of the drive the debtor came running out bare footed screaming put the truck down or he was dead. he made the choice to keep driving for his safty. i understand that. then the driver tells me sense he didnt have a gun he had a little fun with the man by slowing down just enough so the debtor could catch up a bit and then speed up. did this for about a block before the man got tired. i wasnt to happy to hear that but the way the debtor spoke to me i didnt really care to much.

mastap07
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 02:50 PM
he shoulda had a V8... and paid his bills! always great stories!

Slo
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Real tough guy haha.... reminds me of the internet keyboard warriors. Wish I could have been a neighbor to the guy running after the tow truck just for the show he put on.

I had a car repo-d back in florida years ago. Was my fault, I went on hard times, couldn't make the payment in time..... Was close on getting the money together, just not close enough. When they picked up my car, I didn't get mad, let them take it, they told me my options and I got it out a couple days later.

#1Townie
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah this guy didnt. I didnt let him get his property until i was back in colorado. That made him even more upset. When he finally did get his stuff he asked for the little bitch that answers the phones. I smiled and said that would be me. Im not all that little. Lol. He wasnt much of a issue face to face.

Ghosty
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Sounds like trash on that voicemail. Can't pay bills, then takes it out on everyone else for their own mistakes. That's what's wrong with people, no sense of personal responsibility!

#1Townie
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Agreed.

modette99
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Lets see you know you have not paid, but you leave your stuff out so its easy to be repo'ed...LOL Then you get all ticked off when it is taken as if that is a shocker to you.

People are just plain silly.

Long story, but Ford once thought I was behind. So I know they call you and ask what gives, girl called me up all friendly. Asked how I liked the new vehicle, it's great "why you calling me"? Oh, we have not gotten a payment. Funny I been mailing you checks, in fact I just sent an extra one, here are the check numbers the dates they were taken from my account. Puts me on hold.

Turns out they were calling on an old account number for that vehicle (my credit union without asking me paid off my vehicle, they ended up paying Ford $$$$ to take the loan back for the mistake) so Ford forgot to close that account.

Once it was figured out it was no hassle to me, and in fact the VP called to apologize to me from Ford Credit. That whole experience was odd...now that I am older I just tell my Credit Union to shove it and I would of had a FREE vehicle a $25K free vehicle...LOL

#1Townie
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah sometimes mistakes are made. The 99 f250 I just got had a similar issues happen with wellsfargo. They caller me huffing and puffing and started telling that it was up for repo and they would take it. I laughed at her and made double check the system. I gave her the dates that they received the money.she then start to apologize. Next I told her to look what my poe was. When she said you're a repo guy I about exploded into laughter. You wouldn't believe how hard it is for a repo guy to get a auto loan.

longrider
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Next I told her to look what my poe was. When she said you're a repo guy I about exploded into laughter. You wouldn't believe how hard it is for a repo guy to get a auto loan.

So if you fall behind on payments do you have to repo your own vehicle?? :lol::lol: What if its the repo truck that has to be repoed??? :twisted:

grim
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 12:28 AM
That voicemail was hilarious thank you for sharing!

#1Townie
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 03:57 AM
So if you fall behind on payments do you have to repo your own vehicle?? :lol::lol: What if its the repo truck that has to be repoed??? :twisted:
Personally I wont fall behind. I know what means and how it costs to fix. My 99 is a toy. Doesn't even have plates but I am getting some today. I do know of a couple trucks that have been up for repo. It sucks to see another repo guy to fall behind but at the same time they are just like everyone else. The job still has to be done. There is a bit of professional courtesy that is given but if they turn to runners the company hunting will reach to other adjusters for help.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 08:05 AM
hey townie, do you have a roll-back truck or just a regular tow-rig?

#1Townie
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
The truck I drive looks kind of like a tow truck and has what is called a auto loader. Sling lifts and flat beds take far to long.

Slo
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Watched part of an episode where they had to repo another repo truck.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 10:01 AM
The truck I drive looks kind of like a tow truck and has what is called a auto loader. Sling lifts and flat beds take far to long.was just wondering cause i lease and sell ground level storage containers (8x20's and 8x40's) and we are always looking for trucks w/ rollbacks.

#1Townie
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah in the near future I will be picking up a 650 for transports but im not really wanting to get into much towing. Repo and non consent towing don't mix well with normal towing.