PDA

View Full Version : Cycles South (1971)

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Three guys ride BSA's (and Kawi's) from Denver to Panama and party the whole way. The narrator is one of the guys and he thinks he's Bruce Brown.

Here is part 1. The other parts seem to be posted too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8-l7ufP-I4

P.S. it's posted on Netflix streaming also.

http://paracinema.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/cycles-south.jpg

Sean
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 08:27 AM
That movie is awesome! It's even funnier if you have a couple of beers to go with it.

Ghosty
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Sounds cool, I need to check it out. I wonder if you could do the same thing nowadays though. I mean without getting royally jacked, shot, or kidnapped, etc.

Especially since you probably need to carry a bunch of cash with you, scary.

Bashed
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Sounds cool, I need to check it out. I wonder if you could do the same thing nowadays though. I mean without getting royally jacked, shot, or kidnapped, etc.

Especially since you probably need to carry a bunch of cash with you, scary.

Don't be scared Ghosty. I take it your not the product of the 60's-70's.
There's not anything wrong with a little bit of travel that gets you some free love and hallucigens. Expand your horizons young one.

Ezzzzy1
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Id be down to re-create it this summer!

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 03:37 PM
There's not anything wrong with a little bit of travel that gets you some free love and hallucigens. Expand your horizons young one.

I think you're my long lost brother.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Id be down to re-create it this summer!

Makes me want to do it on a Scrambler or something totally inappropriate by today's standards.

Ghosty
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I'm older than ya think, definitely a product of the 70's. And definitely wouldn't shy away from some free love & expanded horizons, hahaa. It's the American-hating Mexican drug cartels that put a damper on my paranoid side. Maybe not being white might work in my favor though.

This would be a sick photo/video roadtrip for sure, especially on the right bike (not a rocket), going down one of the coasts. I'd definitely be packing a couple guns.

Ghost
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Been in my NF queue forever, still haven't watched it...

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I watched it last night. It was worth the effort. Inspired me to re-think my offroad needs.