PDA

View Full Version : Route Advice: Denver to Sacramento

Coloradoray
Wed Jun 29th, 2005, 09:49 AM
I need input on a route between Denver and Sacramento. My kids just caged it on I80 but would I70 to Hwy 50 be a better route? What about gas in Nevada; I'm on a Superhawk, so fuel stops must be about every 100-110 miles.

Bill-RST1000
Wed Jun 29th, 2005, 10:26 AM
I did that ride last year coming from Cal (50 through Nevada to I-70), it was a great way to go... There's about three stretches where you'd be pushing the range of your bike (Green River, UT to Salina, UT --- Delta, UT to Ely, NV --- Austin, NV to Fallon, NV (I can't remember if Cold Springs had gas)). I hope this helps.....

Bill

Coloradoray
Thu Jun 30th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks, every bit helps. I am looking at this way; I will be carrying 1/2 gallon of gas in fuel bottles so I have a 15 mile reserve.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jun 30th, 2005, 11:30 AM
I did that ride last year coming from Cal (50 through Nevada to I-70), it was a great way to go... There's about three stretches where you'd be pushing the range of your bike (Green River, UT to Salina, UT --- Delta, UT to Ely, NV --- Austin, NV to Fallon, NV (I can't remember if Cold Springs had gas)). I hope this helps.....

Bill

Green River, UT to Salina, UT --- ~ 110 miles

Delta, UT to Ely, NV --- ~ 152 miles

Austin, NV to Fallon, NV ----- ~ 109 miles

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Jun 30th, 2005, 11:33 AM
that amazes me about your gas mileage. I thought mine was bad 130 miles, before the fuel light comes on.

#1Townie
Thu Jun 30th, 2005, 03:13 PM
long part is utah to nevada boarder but there is gas right on the boader or neer its 80 miles.. if you get gas in delta then on the boarder youll only push it about 80 miles.. i just ran this.. stoped in delta then bobs gas or whatever its called, then ely eurika and austin then fallon. but watch out for these crickets in austin. they are all over the road and can get a little slick. youll see if you go that way.

green river utah to salina is 106 but im pritty sure that theres stops in between

GSkar
Fri Jul 1st, 2005, 09:09 AM
I did it last year, went 80 to 50 through Reno/tahoe and then connected back up to I80 into Sacramento. 50 is pushing it in Nevada for gas stops be careful if you take that route, there is a reason they call it the loneliest highway. I can get about 140 miles to a tank

I'm leaving for the GP races on Thursday, if anyone is interested in joining. Going I80 pretty much all the way, stopping in Utah and then Reno to meet up with some buddies. I80 is much nicer than I70 and a bit faster even if you are going directly to Laguna Seca.

Coloradoray
Fri Jul 1st, 2005, 09:39 AM
that amazes me about your gas mileage. I thought mine was bad 130 miles, before the fuel light comes on.

I haven't done the TPS mod, and I am a little larger than most. :)