PDA

View Full Version : Early Season Track Days

Matrix
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Given that their is still a foot of snow on the ground with no signs of a warming trend, I have started to look out of state for a chance to get some seat time. Anybody have any experience with early season conditions in AZ, NV, or SOCAL?

Any recomendations on when/where to go around the end of the March or early April?

rybo
Wed Feb 15th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Firebird in AZ
Chuckwalla in SoCal
Arroyo Seco in NM

are all good early season bets

I'm guessing we'll have some solid track time at HPR in March

PPIR didn't get nearly as much snow as HPR and may have lapping available

Cornfed
Thu Feb 16th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Firebird in AZ
Chuckwalla in SoCal
Arroyo Seco in NM

are all good early season bets

I'm guessing we'll have some solid track time at HPR in March

PPIR didn't get nearly as much snow as HPR and may have lapping available

Good to know about PPIR. Ive been recycling old biker DVDs to help get me through the snow.

Sean
Thu Feb 16th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Joe- did you get a new track bike or are you going to take the Beemer out?

Peanut_EOD
Thu Feb 16th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I just signed up for Barber March 10th with Sportbike Track Time. I know its a long haul, but I've done that track many times, and it's worth the trip.
For SOCAL tracks check out Chuckwalla Raceway. I raced there last Season. Beautiful track, still new. Try Track Daz trackdaz.com or Take It 2 The Track ti2tt.com my little brother is one of their control riders.

Matrix
Thu Feb 16th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joe- did you get a new track bike or are you going to take the Beemer out?

I picked up a new to me track bike at the end of last season. 08 GSXR 600 with a few mods.

Like Scott mentioned, I am hopefull for the tracks to open up towards the end of March but at this point, the snow is discouraging. I would love to give Barber a shot. If the long-term forcast is still crap around the 1st of March I will be planning a trip to some place warmer.

jgixxer1
Sun Feb 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM
No snow at PPIR and they are open for lapping on weekdays as long as the calandar is empty. For $100 you get garage and electricity. No minimum number of riders needed. I've had the track to myself a couple times. Other days no more than 7 bikes. I'm gonna get in there the next nice day to try the new bike.

flyingmonkey
Sun Feb 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I am heading to Pahrump NV Spring Mountain Raceway april 28th
trackday is sponsor by www.Ti2tt.com (http://www.Ti2tt.com) take it to the track

I picked up a new to me track bike at the end of last season. 08 GSXR 600 with a few mods.

Like Scott mentioned, I am hopefull for the tracks to open up towards the end of March but at this point, the snow is discouraging. I would love to give Barber a shot. If the long-term forcast is still crap around the 1st of March I will be planning a trip to some place warmer.