PDA

View Full Version : Powder coating

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Not sure if this is in the right spot if not please adjust accordingly.

I have been getting quite a few emails about powder coating so thought i would post up.

I do have the ability to powder coat, I can do very large items like bike frames or car parts or small things as small as a bolt. I can and will do it for CSC'rs under what you will be quoted by the professional shops and in half the time. This is not my business it is just a way for me to help you guys out and make some cash to get upgrades on my bike.

I have a few colors in stock but if you need a special color like rep sol orange or anything you can think of i have a vendor that is very cheap and lets me buy the powder by the pound rather than a minimum of 5 pounds like most vendors do. If it is a special color i will include that into the cost and you can keep the extra powder.

If you would like to see examples any picture you see of my bike i did my rear sets and my handle bar tips gold on my bike, as well as i did a bike frame black for a friend a few months ago. If it is something very small most likely i will do it for free as it takes very little time and im just a nice guy like that.

If you have any questions please ask me on this thread. My only requirment is that if its a bike rim you have the tire off, if it is a really dirty part try washing it off before you give it to me so that i dont have to take as much time blasting it.

Also i am in the process of plastic powder coating it is something that can be done however i am trying to hunt down the powder that requires a lower baking temperature. With this being said i can do Wood and other items that are non conductive but can withstand 350 degrees..pretty cool stuff!!

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM
PM me with a price for passenger pegs. I can disassemble them and clean them up here at my shop before I hand them over.

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Found this on my phone.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo-19.jpg

mastap07
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 08:45 AM
plastic? pretty cool! what would you charge to plastic powdercoat my house?! lol

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 08:50 AM
That'd be a huge oven! :lol:

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 08:53 AM
plastic? pretty cool! what would you charge to plastic powdercoat my house?! lol

Yea there is this new product my vendor has that allows you to do damn near everything. Once i find the powder i will be doing all of my plastics on my bike.

I could actually do your house but you'd have to bring me every single piece of siding and by the time i was done half of my house would be paid off with your check :lol:

birchyboy
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Very cool! Can you do matte black powder coating for plastic? I've got an undertail that is silver that I have wanted to have painted but this would be awesome.

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Very cool! Can you do matte black powder coating for plastic? I've got an undertail that is silver that I have wanted to have painted but this would be awesome.

Unfortunately i cannot do plastic just yet as i said i am trying to find the low temperature rated powder but once i find it yes i will be able to do that.

spdu4ia
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM
so if I have a part that is painted you can blast it first then power it?

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM
so if I have a part that is painted you can blast it first then power it?

I sure can :)

modette99
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I'll keep you in mind, bringing back my 1984 Honda CR60 in March....plan to redo the frame and other parts and put it in my living room as art till the kid is old enough to ride.

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 10:30 AM
spdu4ia raised a good question thought i would share the answer with everyone on here in regards to powder coat.

The concern was basically if you have a heel plate that your foot will rub the paint off.

Most heel plates are Aluminum and alot of people leave them stock silver. My heel plates are carbon fiber but either way.

The answer is:

Your concern is valid when it comes to paint as far as rubbing off but when it comes to powder coating that's definitely not an issue. Powder coat is almost impossible to get off because when it is applied it isn't just sprayed on its actually baked into the parts almost fusing it into the part. I coated my levers and when i pulled them out of the the oven i accidentally touched the tip on the ground, so i let them dry and went to blast them. It would not come off at all with the sand blaster. I actually ended up having to take an acetylene torch to burn the paint off then wire wheel it and re powder coat it.

Short answer once something is Powder coated it is extremely difficult to get off it will not just flake off or rub off at all.

For parts that have a lot of contact on i would suggest using a semi gloss rather than High gloss because you still can fade the gloss clear coat but the color will not come off at all.

Bashed
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I need a set of rims powdercoated. I can strip them down ready for blasting and coating. They are (4) 17X8 steel, how much?
And where do I drop them off to get done, I am in the Springs.
Thanks,
Bash

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I need a set of rims powdercoated. I can strip them down ready for blasting and coating. They are (4) 17X8 steel, how much?
Thanks,
Bash

Are they spoked rims or solid? What color do you want?

I live in Parker they can be dropped off to me there or at my shop in Denver.

TurboGizzmo
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks,
Bash

I was wondering the same, how much for rims?

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I was wondering the same, how much for rims?

If they are spoked rims $45 a piece just because it takes more time to blast them and clean them up.

Solid rims $40 a piece.

These prices do not include the powder if i don't have it.

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I had my rear sets powdercoated end of 2009. The tops of the pegs (the bumpy part) has worn off a little bit, but that's all it's done. The rest of the rear set looks just like it did the first day. I've put over 10k miles on it since it was done.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6135/6201586586_ebc2325091_b.jpg

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I had my rear sets powdercoated end of 2009. The tops of the pegs (the bumpy part) has worn off a little bit, but that's all it's done. The rest of the rear set looks just like it did the first day. I've put over 10k miles on it since it was done.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6135/6201586586_ebc2325091_b.jpg

HMMM maybe pink would look good on those passenger pegs. :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Found this on my phone.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo-19.jpg
Please tell me someone was smart enough to mast those internal threads first...

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Please tell me someone was smart enough to mast those internal threads first...

I did those and i have every tap size and thread pitch you can possibly imagine. :)

However yes i did use the high temp tape and covered them up.

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 11:04 AM
HMMM maybe pink would look good on those passenger pegs. :lol:
Kris liked that idea. :lol:

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Kris liked that idea. :lol:

Bubble gum pink ive got it here :lol:

McVaaahhh
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I did those and i have every tap size and thread pitch you can possibly imagine. :)

When I did powdercoating, I had a whole pile of metric bolts from various bike builds and would screw them into the open threads and then do the coating, worked great. :up:

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 11:36 AM
When I did powdercoating, I had a whole pile of metric bolts from various bike builds and would screw them into the open threads and then do the coating, worked great. :up:

Yup done that as well the high temp tape works great on bushings and thru bolt holes as well.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 12:11 PM

Best to mask them off, since if not you can EASILY screw up the threads by trying to chase them just to get the PC off. Why risk it? Putting sacrificial bolts in all the holes first sounds like a great idea.

birchyboy
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Best to mask them off, since if not you can EASILY screw up the threads by trying to chase them just to get the PC off. Why risk it? Putting sacrificial bolts in all the holes first sounds like a great idea.

How does that work when you have to remove the bolts? Do you score the powder coating around the bolt? If so, doesn't that damage the integrity of the coating?

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 12:21 PM
How does that work when you have to remove the bolts? Do you score the powder coating around the bolt? If so, doesn't that damage the integrity of the coating?

if the bolts aren't cleaned off with naptha then the powder wont stick to the bolt thusly it will fall to the part that is clean. When you remove the bolt no harm is done to the paint.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 12:28 PM
if the bolts aren't cleaned off with naptha then the powder wont stick to the bolt thusly it will fall to the part that is clean. When you remove the bolt no harm is done to the paint.
I'd imagine, also, to be safe, you could throw a little teflon tape on the bolt to make sure nothing sticks together.

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'd imagine, also, to be safe, you could throw a little teflon tape on the bolt to make sure nothing sticks together.

:no: it will melt at 350 degrees and then you have that mess.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 12:39 PM
:no: it will melt at 350 degrees and then you have that mess.
Think so? Are you sure? Teflon is PTFE, and it's melting point is about 620deg F from what I've found:
http://www.firesleeveandtape.com/high-temperature-ptfe-teflon-coated-fiberglass-tape.html

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Think so? Are you sure? Teflon is PTFE, and it's melting point is about 620deg F from what I've found:
http://www.firesleeveandtape.com/high-temperature-ptfe-teflon-coated-fiberglass-tape.html

http://www.sealfast.com/d_teflon_tape.html

This is the only thing that will fit in between the threads its melting point is 550 f

Most parts bake from 350 to 450 for 10-20 minutes, i wouldn't risk it. My method works just fine.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 12:50 PM
http://www.sealfast.com/d_teflon_tape.html

This is the only thing that will fit in between the threads its melting point is 550 f

Most parts bake from 350 to 450 for 10-20 minutes, i wouldn't risk it. My method works just fine.
There's a minimum 100deg F delta (difference) between the max operating temp of your oven and the max temp of the tape, and I'd say there's a safety margin there of maybe 20deg+ on top of that. I'd say it's 100% safe.

Easy test: Put a piece on a bolt and leave it on a piece of tin foil in a corner of the oven and see what happens. I'm guessing.....nothing. I'd be more worried one of the plastic parts you'd do would melt.

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 12:53 PM
There's a minimum 100deg F delta (difference) between the max operating temp of your oven and the max temp of the tape, and I'd say there's a safety margin there of maybe 20deg+ on top of that. I'd say it's 100% safe.

Easy test: Put a piece on a bolt and leave it on a piece of tin foil in a corner of the oven and see what happens. I'm guessing.....nothing. I'd be more worried one of the plastic parts you'd do would melt.

No thanks i like my method it works with no problems.

DING hence why i said "low temperature rated powder" read the fine print frank get with the program!!!

Slo
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Nice, I will keep track of this thread for future things I need powder coated!!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 02:00 PM
they have reusable rubber plugs designed for the purpose of masking holes

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 04:34 PM
they have reusable rubber plugs designed for the purpose of masking holes
Some silicone is good for 500+ deg F, so I'd imagine that's the material.

Bashed
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Are they spoked rims or solid? What color do you want?

I live in Parker they can be dropped off to me there or at my shop in Denver.

Spoked I guess, they have eight holes in them.
Semi-flat black color.
They will need a media blast as they had covers glued on the face and I took that off and wire wheeled most of it off. then I shake and shooked them black.
PM me a quote before I haul them north please.
Thanks,
Bash

grim
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Spoked I guess, they have eight holes in them.
Semi-flat black color.
They will need a media blast as they had covers glued on the face and I took that off and wire wheeled most of it off. then I shake and shooked them black.
PM me a quote before I haul them north please.
Thanks,
Bash

I will shoot you a quote tomorrow, will need to buy powder, that will be included in price.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Some silicone is good for 500+ deg F, so I'd imagine that's the material.

I will send you one so you can do a material analysis.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 27th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I will send you one so you can do a material analysis.
Hah! Yeah, sure..... ;)

Bashed
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I will shoot you a quote tomorrow, will need to buy powder, that will be included in price.

Thanks for the xtra effort Grim.

grim
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the xtra effort Grim.

pm sent

grim
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Bump, going to be powder coating this Sunday if anyone needs anything in high gloss black, white and grey I have the powder already. I will also be placing an order for powder tomorrow to do bashed's rims if you want a color I don't have now or tomorrow is the best time to let me know.

I also have pink and a few other various colors.

birchyboy
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
We've been wanting to get some window well grates for our basement but can't spend the $250/each for the major vendors. I've found some generic grates by Boman Kemp for about $70/each and they come powder coated. If I wanted to have a friend weld a security ring onto the underside for a chain, does that destroy the entire powder coating or just in that area?

Owen_R6
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hey, whats up man! I'm debating getting my two fenders PC'd on my Jeep Wrangler (TJ)

they're tube fenders and have a crappy flat black factory powdercoat on them...looking to do them in bright red to match the body.

Thoughts???

grim
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 01:57 PM
How old is the factory paint?

grim
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 03:30 PM
We've been wanting to get some window well grates for our basement but can't spend the $250/each for the major vendors. I've found some generic grates by Boman Kemp for about $70/each and they come powder coated. If I wanted to have a friend weld a security ring onto the underside for a chain, does that destroy the entire powder coating or just in that area?

Welding temperatures get pretty damn hot and powder coat basically diverts back to a powder form and loses it color at temperatures above 1,000 degrees.

Id say it wont destroy all of it but any area that gets really hot you will notice the difference.

grim
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Hey, whats up man! I'm debating getting my two fenders PC'd on my Jeep Wrangler (TJ)

they're tube fenders and have a crappy flat black factory powdercoat on them...looking to do them in bright red to match the body.

Thoughts???

If you get the chance take a good look over the bumpers if the paint is older or newer. If its newer i can clean them up really well and powder coat over the black then put a second coat on because going over black will darken the paint a little.

If its older i will have to blast them and it will run you a little more because i cant fit bumpers in my bead blaster however i do have a walk in sand blasting booth it just requires more sand. OR if they are really dirty i can always DRY ICE BLAST EM!!!! :devious:

Owen_R6
Thu Mar 1st, 2012, 11:22 PM
If you get the chance take a good look over the bumpers if the paint is older or newer. If its newer i can clean them up really well and powder coat over the black then put a second coat on because going over black will darken the paint a little.

If its older i will have to blast them and it will run you a little more because i cant fit bumpers in my bead blaster however i do have a walk in sand blasting booth it just requires more sand. OR if they are really dirty i can always DRY ICE BLAST EM!!!! :devious:

I'm confused lol...

these are the fenders on my jeep, not the bumpers...

Heres a quick pic...obviously the black fenders lol. They're about 3 weeks old.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/Owen_SVT/4-1.jpg

AOK303
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
hmm i may have some parts to get done Sir that is of course when i get my bike back damn Honda taking forever to ship from Japan

stupid parts take forever

grim
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:16 AM
I'm confused lol...

these are the fenders on my jeep, not the bumpers...

Heres a quick pic...obviously the black fenders lol. They're about 3 weeks old.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/Owen_SVT/4-1.jpg

Are those plastic or aluminum?

crypto0793
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 08:19 AM
Im looking to get my Rear sets, Passenger Pegs, exhaust cover and heal guards havent started price it out yet.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/Kyle_Selinsky/DSC01061.jpg

grim
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Im looking to get my Rear sets, Passenger Pegs, exhaust cover and heal guards havent started price it out yet.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/Kyle_Selinsky/DSC01061.jpg

Easy, what color do you want?

I just finished doing Mother Goose's rear sets for him ill put pics up later.

Owen_R6
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
Are those plastic or aluminum?

steel

crypto0793
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Easy, what color do you want?

I just finished doing Mother Goose's rear sets for him ill put pics up later.

Just going with black they are just rattle can painted right now

grim
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Just going with black

Flat, semi gloss, or high gloss?

crypto0793
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Flat, semi gloss, or high gloss?

Probably a Semi-Gloss

grim
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
steel

A shop is going to charge you about $100 a piece and that doesn't include the sand blasting.

Because that powder coat job looks like its new it will take a little time to blast it off, and will take more than one coat of red to get the brightness. If you want the red to match exactly I will need the paint code off of your door and to find out how much the powder is. I can get any shade of red but if i guess i guarantee it wont match perfectly. Honestly i would go with a semi gloss black that will make it look better.

To blast and powder coat ill charge you $60 a piece.

Owen_R6
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
A shop is going to charge you about $100 a piece and that doesn't include the sand blasting.

Because that powder coat job looks like its new it will take a little time to blast it off, and will take more than one coat of red to get the brightness. If you want the red to match exactly I will need the paint code off of your door and to find out how much the powder is. I can get any shade of red but if i guess i guarantee it wont match perfectly. Honestly i would go with a semi gloss black that will make it look better.

To blast and powder coat ill charge you $60 a piece.

You'll be surprised at how crappy the stock coating is lol...which is why i want to redo them :)

I'm pretty sure i wanna go with the body color red because i'm then gonna go with some black rocker guards.

Another option, if possible, would be to make the "tube" black and the rest of the fender would be body color red...what do you think???

also, i'd be in for sure...just have to get a few things taken care of :)

grim
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Congratulations to Mother Goose and his sexy looking passenger rear sets.

Before
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/rearset.jpg

After (semi gloss black)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/rearset1.jpg

crypto0793
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
cool thats what im looking for

grim
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
cool thats what im looking for

Just keep in mind as you see above there will be parts missing after the powder coat job. Sacrificial parts must be given to the oven in order for it to perform its duties. So unlike Goose bringing me things that he probably needs (like the foot pegs) but will never see again as they have been devoured by the oven, just bring some scrap metal or something.

crypto0793
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
lol i have a rear axel for a 74 Nova

grim
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Hey kids i Have Some Repsol Orange powder and plenty of it I will be doing some rims in the repsol orange, and some rims in Semi gloss black this weekend.

If anyone wants parts done in the orange you will not be charged for the powder. And if you get me the parts this weekend I will do it at a stupid low price since i will already be setup to blast, spray, and bake!!

rforsythe
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
How hard would it be to match the blue on an '08 GSXR wheel for coating another non-blue wheel?

Mother Goose
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 01:32 PM
:w00t:

Thanks again! I'll be putting them back on the bike this weekend.

grim
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
:w00t:

Thanks again! I'll be putting them back on the bike this weekend.

be sure to take some pics so i can see how they compare to the rest of the bike.

grim
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
How hard would it be to match the blue on an '08 GSXR wheel for coating another non-blue wheel?

Shoot me a picture if you can.

Is it a candy blue, dark blue, light blue?

Wouldn't be terribly hard to match but if we cant get it dead on i will cut you a deal to just powder coat both rims.

rforsythe
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Shoot me a picture if you can.

Is it a candy blue, dark blue, light blue?

Wouldn't be terribly hard to match but if we cant get it dead on i will cut you a deal to just powder coat both rims.

Picture will be off no matter what I do. I'll just bring it to the parade. Maybe a candy blue? I don't know all the blues man. :lol: If we're doing both then we'd get it closer to the bodywork paint, which I think will be a cobalt blue but should have a paint code in the next week or two. Thanks!

grim
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Picture will be off no matter what I do. I'll just bring it to the parade. Maybe a candy blue? I don't know all the blues man. :lol: If we're doing both then we'd get it closer to the bodywork paint, which I think will be a cobalt blue but should have a paint code in the next week or two. Thanks!

No prob, yea there are a lot of blues out there, for the GSXR i would think its pretty close to the RAL 5010 on the third page.http://topcoatinc.net/img/RALswatches.pdf

If you like any of the blues you see on this link just let me know and i can get that color.

grim
Sat Mar 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Bashed your rims are done!!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo3-1.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo5-1.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo6.jpg

rforsythe
Sat Mar 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Can you do glass media blasting as well, or just sand? I have a couple bike engine heads I need to get glass blasted.

grim
Sat Mar 3rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
Can you do glass media blasting as well, or just sand? I have a couple bike engine heads I need to get glass blasted.

I cant do it at my shop no, I wish i could its a much smoother finish and looks alot better.

I do have a place that can do it for you though you would have to take it to them its called Coblaco its in commerce city but they do a really really good job and its not too bad on price.

grim
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Had some technical difficulties this weekend my powder gun decided to expire while i was working on Demonrider's rear sets. I got them done but they look like shit so i am going to be re-doing them this weekend when my new gun gets here.

I did however get some rims other than Bashed's done using my larger powder gun that's designed for big crap and to be used in a booth.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo9.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo8.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo7.jpg

Alas because i do not have a working small gun I cannot do any powder coating during the week this week. I will be able to this weekend though as i will be fixing demon riders stuff. If anyone has some stuff they want done let me know this week.

spdu4ia
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 08:34 AM
oooo shiney, what color is that? looks like a pearl orange in the pics

grim
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 08:42 AM
oooo shiney, what color is that? looks like a pearl orange in the pics

Its actually Repsol orange.

Slo
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Nice, what will you be charging for car wheels, an entire set to a black chrome color?

WolFeYeZ
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Got flat black grim?

grim
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Nice, what will you be charging for car wheels, an entire set to a black chrome color?

What is on your wheels right now?

If there is already either a chrome or polished aluminum i wont have to put a base coat or blast them i can just clean them really well paint and bake. that will run you $200 for all four wheels. Keep in mind they cannot have any chunks taken out of them or any chips in the existing paint.

If i need to blast and put a base coat it will be $300 for all four.

Black chrome looks great but if there is not already a base coat they take more time and material.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/BLACKSOLARRAINWEB2.jpg

grim
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Got flat black grim?

Not in my shop no but i can get some. what are you looking to get done?

1/2 a pound which is plenty costs $8

grim
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Just an FYI if the car wheels just need to be done in a regular color its $180 for all four wheels.

Im just charging more for the black chrome because i have to spend a lot more time and attention to detail on it.

WolFeYeZ
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Not in my shop no but i can get some. what are you looking to get done?

1/2 a pound which is plenty costs $8

I was thinking 2 sets of rearsets and 2 sets of passenger pegs. Cost for that?

grim
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I was thinking 2 sets of rearsets and 2 sets of passenger pegs. Cost for that?

$50 for everything and you can keep whats left of the powder for future stuff.

If you dont want to keep the powder $40

Slo
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Awesome, great price also while being able to support a CSC member. I will let you know, it's not definite yet. Wheels do have a coating, but one of the front ones has about one inch of curb rash so I will be getting that fixed.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3129/wheelk.jpg

grim
Mon Mar 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Awesome, great price also while being able to support a CSC member. I will let you know, it's not definite yet. Wheels do have a coating, but one of the front ones has about one inch of curb rash so I will be getting that fixed.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3129/wheelk.jpg

Yes if you decide to please do that curb rash can ruin the whole look. That polished aluminum should work just fine as long as everything is nice and smooth otherwise ill have to put a few coats on.

I think a regular shop would prob charge you about $200 a rim to do black chrome.

Slo
Tue Mar 6th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Alright, I will definitely get back to you. Looking into woodys wheel repair probably this weekend. Then afterwards, will get tires dismounted and wheels delivered to you.

grim
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Alright, I will definitely get back to you. Looking into woodys wheel repair probably this weekend. Then afterwards, will get tires dismounted and wheels delivered to you.

Be sure to remove the valve stem, any balancing weights, and if there is sticky shit from any weights that were glued on please try to get that off as well.

Slo
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 03:07 PM
No problem, I will let you know next week on when I can get these to you.

grim
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 03:15 PM
No problem, I will let you know next week on when I can get these to you.

Pm incoming

grim
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 11:39 AM
New powder gun came in today :D

grim
Sat Mar 31st, 2012, 08:34 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo3-2.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo1-2.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo2-3.jpg

grim
Sat Mar 31st, 2012, 04:18 PM
Ralph's rim, hot candy blue with a chrome base coat.

Original color
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/a6c20e6e.jpg

Chrome base coat (that's right you can powder coat chrome)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/7a2d6a83.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/f784f602.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/8c759adc.jpg

Keep in mind this is a single coat of the chrome 2 more coats and this thing would be literally bling bling chrome.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/92ce1951.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/5d9a5c05.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/4ee14661.jpg

rforsythe
Sun Apr 1st, 2012, 06:49 AM
The pearl flakes he mixed in are what really make it pop. You have to see this in the sun - pictures just don't do it justice, but it'll be at MRA races this season. Looks awesome!

grim
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:48 AM
The pearl flakes he mixed in are what really make it pop. You have to see this in the sun - pictures just don't do it justice, but it'll be at MRA races this season. Looks awesome!

That is indeed one sexy looking rim!

asp_125
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 08:35 AM
Chrome eh? Sexay! Does the chrome by itself need a coat or two of clear?

grim
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Chrome eh? Sexay! Does the chrome by itself need a coat or two of clear?

Chrome by itself its just like any other powder coat it does not require anything to go over it, When it gets to 400 degrees the clear rises to the top and hardens at cool down.

grim
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hows this for chrome?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo-22.jpg

Thats still only one coat too!

laspariahs
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
How much would you charge to poweder coat something like a computer case?

grim
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:43 PM
How much would you charge to poweder coat something like a computer case?

Can you give me rough dimensions or a picture?

laspariahs
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
Can you give me rough dimensions or a picture?

Size: 32.25"H x 26.56"D x 11.25"W (819mm x 675mm x 286mm) *

http://www.caselabs.net/sth10/cl_sth10_04.jpg

It comes in pieces so, you could do it that way, or after it's put together, what'ever's easier.

Penadam
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:50 PM
How much would it cost to power coat my junk? Need to do something to protect it against the rough service it's been getting lately.

grim
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
How much would it cost to power coat my junk? Need to do something to protect it against the rough service it's been getting lately.

Can your junk handle 400 degrees for 15 minutes?

grim
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:56 PM

It comes in pieces so, you could do it that way, or after it's put together, what'ever's easier.

Pm incoming

grim
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM

May be easier to do in pieces that way all of the creases get enough powder in them and everything is uniform.

What color were you thinkin?

laspariahs
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:00 PM
May be easier to do in pieces that way all of the creases get enough powder in them and everything is uniform.

What color were you thinkin?

Maybe a light/neon green or that chrome you posted, I'd have to think about it a bit, I just saw the thread and it gave me the idea.

grim
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Maybe a light/neon green or that chrome you posted, I'd have to think about it a bit, I just saw the thread and it gave me the idea.

Wouldn't be hard to do i have a green here in my shop but it isn't translucent like the blue i did for ralph, however i can get some.

www.powderbuythepound.com knock yourself out it will take you more than a day to see the different types of colors they have.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
Laspariahs... Green with the Glow in the Dark additive would be sick!

laspariahs
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
Pm incoming

I didn't get pm yet?

laspariahs
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
Laspariahs... Green with the Glow in the Dark additive would be sick!

Yeah, but on second thought the MB will be red, which will make green look weird. So I'm now thinking a red.

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/4273/clsth1004.jpg

grim
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
I didn't get pm yet?

Yea i know i accidentally posted it on the page :lol:.

Pick a color and then i will give you a price.

laspariahs
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Yea i know i accidentally posted it on the page :lol:.

Pick a color and then i will give you a price.

How about with this color: http://www.powderbuythepound.com/DEEP_RED_TRANSPARENT.html

BTW I'm going to just want the exterior panels done, none of the interior.

grim
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
How about with this color: http://www.powderbuythepound.com/DEEP_RED_TRANSPARENT.html

BTW I'm going to just want the exterior panels done, none of the interior.

Would look pretty slick, Pm incoming.