PDA

View Full Version : ASMI class (Accident Scene Management Inc)

THoward
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 10:07 AM
ABATE is conducting an ASMI class.

ASMI’s Bystander Assistance Training

“ A Crash Course for the Motorcyclist”
Price is $50.00
Register online prior to attending at www.abateofcolo.org.
Or call: 303-789-3264

March 31, 2012
High County Harley
I-25 at Exit 235

Sign in – 8:30-9:00 am, class runs 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Don’t miss this opportunity to take a class that may save a life!
Nationally recognized Accident Scene Management, Inc. is a non-profit organization that teaches motorcyclists what to do at the scene of an accident until help arrives.
Basic class information is based on the D.O.T. First Responder Curriculum

This intense course will teach you:
Safety Factors
How to Secure a Crash Scene
How & When to Move Someone
Effectively Accessing and Assisting the EMS
Mechanisms of Injury
Common Injuries Associated with Motorcycle Trauma
Helmet Removal & Jaw Thrust Rescue Breathing
Assessment & Treatment Techniques
Preservation of Evidence at a Crash Scene

Accident Scene Management, Inc. believes that the most likely person to be at the scene of a motorcycle crash is another motorcyclist. Our goals are to reduce severity of injury & fatalities at the scene of a crash through proper actions and reactions. We also expect to make the motorcyclist more aware of how they can protect themselves legally and financially.

If you know of a group or business that might be interested in this class, please contact the ABATE of Colorado Office 303-789-3264. For more info, please visit www.abateofcolo.org.
This information is very beneficial to First Responders, EMS and EMT’s. Get the word out!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Since the "crash" course (pun intended? :) ) is at the Hardley dealership, is the first step to hide all the beer bottles before the cops get there? :) J/K

Good on you guys for putting this together. I might be able to make it.

Sean
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Crap! I'm going to be out of the country on that day. I would love to take this class.

Think there will be anymore this summer?

Fumet5uNo
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Being X Paramedic , I would strongly suggest anyone who group rides to take this class or at least one like it some of the worst damage comes from people that try to help but don't know what there doing

THoward
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Yea we will probably be scheduling more through out the year. I'll try to post up when we offer one again.

Bashed
Tue Feb 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM
This is sad to say, but from year 2010 and the previous 6 years, I've had to do this exact thing on Deckers Rd. I'm about 50/50 on the sportbike to cruiser ratio, and about the same for Flight for Life responses. The last couple years working out of state has lowered the "Response of Bash" numbers considerably. It really sucks having to pull some rider out of the middle of the road due to thier negligence to prevent someone else from driving/riding over them, then applying first aid till the paramedics arrive.
But as much as I don't like doing it, I will continue helping out.
Broken bones protruding thru the skin doesn't affect me much anymore, which is pretty sad when I think of it.
If anybody is on the fence about this, just do it. You might be somebodies hero someday.

frank2
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I'm sure Cycle Monkey remembers. We took that class at what was called MotoHaus,at the time. In Ft. Collins. It was free if I remember correctly.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I'm sure Cycle Monkey remembers. We took that class at what was called MotoHaus,at the time. In Ft. Collins. It was free if I remember correctly.
'Sup brotha! Yeah, I remember that. It was cool, but I think this one would be more involved and in-depth. I'd like to take it.....