PDA

View Full Version : Don't run from the cops... they will show up 2 months later with SWAT

WolFeYeZ
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 12:47 PM
http://tampasportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48509

This does not sound like a fun experience but at least he is alive. It looks like a pretty sketchy run from the cops. SWAT busting in your house cant be fun either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z98h71wGSwo

I’ve recently seen many posts about running from the cops. Do you actually think you will get away? I’m not going to admit or deny anything on here- only state the facts in my case a few years ago:

Video evidence submitted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z98h71wGSwo

1. This rider made it home safe that day, my GSXR1k was found later that day at T.I.A.
2. I believe it gets even more dangerous on I-4 & I-275, video footage is missing and not submitted in court
3. The rider is going faster than what appears in video
4. Rider almost died several times that day :(
5. 2 months later- the SWAT team kicked in my front door on a Saturday morning WITH the same fast Bell helicopter involved in this chase hovering 10 – 15 feet above my house to arrest me. Cops pointing guns at my dog & I as they storm in and woke up the entire neighborhood. The chopper was flying so low I thought the freaking roof shingles were going to fly off and next thing you know I’m face down with several cops on top of me inside my own home. My neighbors thought I was a major drug dealer or mass murderer :(
6. I never saw my MINT ’05 GSXR1000 again, seized by the L.E. :(
7. My court case(s) dragged on for 2 years, $20k later PLUS a brand new bike with all the goodies 
8. This happened 5 years ago, imagine the technology law enforcement is using today! (including all the camera’s we are starting to see everywhere- interstates & street lights)
9. I was placed on “2 year probation”- my probation was I could not ride anything on 2 wheels.. no street bikes, no dirt bikes, no bicycles, I could not go to any motorcycle shops, any motorcycle dealerships, no QS&L, motorcycle forums, NOTHING with bikes period or I would be convicted of multiple felony charges “with violence”. Since considered “violent”, they swab you for your DNA and keep on record (talk about invasion of privacy and feeling violated!!). Surveillence and mandatory home access to your probation officer and all :(
10. My probation officer was Leigh Killian (the Buc’s Cheerleading Captain LOL).. I thought this was a joke when I first had to report to her. Having a “smoking hot Buccaneer Cheerleader” knocking on my front door and asking for me and “quizzing me” created many issues with my ex-girlfriend. Yes I’ve been part of that “chain gang” on 301/41/I-4 picking up trash as part of my probation (60 hrs). I had to write a article to Born to Ride on motorcycle safety. I then completed my community service hours, probationary period and never violated.
RE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtDL76bm6hE (BTW- Leigh Killian was very respectful and nice once she got to know me, at first she was hardcore LOL)
11. I’d also like to point something out again: they NEVER caught the rider in my case! I was accused and charged 2 months later.. I still lost my brand new ’05 GSXR1000 and incurred legal fees of over $20k and the 2 year probationary period- this is when I got into shifter carts, no bikes! :(
12. Imagine if you get caught running? Police vehicles, helicopters, camera’s on interstates, camera’s on street intersections, radio’s.. and by the way- going to the airport has already been used. My case brought along many changes and had the “Feds” involved due to the airport & TPD communication issues. Worst 2 freaking years of my life!!
13. THIS IS NOT A PART OF MY PROBATION! I’m posting this on my own- the court, probation, cops, lawyers, judge, drug tests.. it’s all over. I know some riders like me, others do not.. I don’t care and it does not matter, this is not about me. This is about you seeing for yourself what the consequences are if you do make that stupid decision to run (and could get MUCH worse).
14. I was not convicted, but I did pay a SEVERE price. However, this rider was lucky- the ultimate price is your own life so my suggestion and advice is NOT to run from the cops.. you won’t make it.
15. I’m not going to answer any questions, I’d like to move on. I am making absolutely $0 posting this, simply showing you the “real deal”
16. I apologize to the motorcycle community & everyone on the road that day for being involved. Luckily for the rider everyone involved, no accidents and no one got hurt. I hope some good comes out of this post to make up for it. Good luck, ride hard but more importantly ride safe!

-Alex

Ghost
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Need login to read, can you just repost it?

Ghost
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Timestamp on the video is from 2006

WolFeYeZ
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Need login to read, can you just repost it?

Done.

Ghost
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Done.

Thanks man

#1Townie
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Hahaha he failed.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. It didn't say WHY his bike was taken/forfeited.

Penadam
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Why was he considered violent? Any clues in the thread?

WolFeYeZ
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 04:11 PM

He mentioned later that he was violent when the SWAT team randomly entered his home with a helicopter hovering feet overhead. :grab:

Aaron
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 10:53 PM
The Supreme Court has determined that eluding is a violent crime in itself.

Wrider
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 11:02 PM
The Supreme Court has determined that eluding is a violent crime in itself.

I've heard that before, but I don't understand how avoiding a confrontation (arrest) is is violent in and of itself.

Aaron
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 11:16 PM
The act of eluding arrest in a vehicle exposes the general public to such an extreme amount of danger that the Supreme Court has decided the driver is intentionally and knowingly putting these people at risk, and thus it is a violent, felonious act.

I know the next argument is that it should not be considered violent until it actually becomes violent (Crash), but in that case firing a gun at someone wouldn't be violent until they're actually shot, which I think we all could agree is ridiculous.

#1Townie
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 11:25 PM
The act of eluding arrest in a vehicle exposes the general public to such an extreme amount of danger that the Supreme Court has decided the driver is intentionally and knowingly putting these people at risk, and thus it is a violent, felonious act.

I know the next argument is that it should not be considered violent until it actually becomes violent (Crash), but in that case firing a gun at someone wouldn't be violent until they're actually shot, which I think we all could agree is ridiculous.
What if the guns not loaded? Sorry had to. I don't think a sport bike running from the cops warrants swat with a helicopters. Its a gross overly done attempt at trying to show off. Waste of tax money. Anyone ever think about how much money a police department blow on a simple thing like fuel?

Wrider
Wed Feb 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM

Not necessarily, if you're shooting at someone, you intend to cause them harm or injury. There's no other reason to shoot someone that I can think of.

I think it's two completely different things.

FWIW I'm not trying to argue with you, just stating my opinion and why I have it.

WolFeYeZ
Thu Mar 1st, 2012, 12:15 AM

On this idea, does anyone know of any deaths caused by a motorcyclist besides his own death or the death of someone in his group?

For myself I don't think motorcycles are that much of a hazard to others on the road besides pedestrians. And the chances of a bike hitting a pedestrian seems a lot less in comparison to another vehicle hitting a pedestrian due to size and such.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Mar 1st, 2012, 01:35 AM
Sucks to be this guy... Honestly (as weird as it sounds) cops just need to stop chasing bikes. Nothing good ever comes out of any of them.

Frankie675
Thu Mar 1st, 2012, 04:15 AM
So the OP claims that it was not him riding the bike? and he was wrongly accused?

If this is the case it seems like there is A LOT more facts missing.

Aaron
Thu Mar 1st, 2012, 06:47 AM
What if the guns not loaded? Sorry had to. I don't think a sport bike running from the cops warrants swat with a helicopters. Its a gross overly done attempt at trying to show off. Waste of tax money. Anyone ever think about how much money a police department blow on a simple thing like fuel?
If someone points an unloaded gun at you, what is your response going to be? You'd probably assume that it is loaded (And the Supreme Court agrees with that assumption), and from what you say here, I would expect (And not blame you for), a violent legal response (My response certainly would be). The suspect created the violence.

It might be, might not be, we clearly don't have all the facts. But he ran for a reason. I've seen people run just to avoid a ticket, but I've also seen people run because they were suspects in a string of bank robberies and attempted murders. You can't blame the Officers for preparing for the latter, and a SWAT entry into your house is a lot safer than chasing someone all over hell's half acre.

I'm not sure what to say about the fuel comment. How would you save fuel if you were the Chief? Buy Prius's? Write policies that say if the car is parked it should be turned off? Run 2-man cars? All of these sound like great ideas, but end up costing much, much more, all while losing what little effectiveness Police Departments often have.

Not necessarily, if you're shooting at someone, you intend to cause them harm or injury. There's no other reason to shoot someone that I can think of.

I think it's two completely different things.

FWIW I'm not trying to argue with you, just stating my opinion and why I have it.
I see what you're saying. The Supreme Court has ruled that by running, you are placing others in extreme danger of violence (The almost inevitable crash). While you may not have the intent to harm, the men's rea isn't part of the "Violent felony" label. It doesn't apply to only crimes with intent.

Honestly (as weird as it sounds) cops just need to stop chasing bikes. Nothing good ever comes out of any of them.
Nothing good ever comes out of a pursuit, besides apprehension of the criminal. But that's the purpose of the pursuit. Because of the danger it puts people in, most departments nowadays limit what they will pursue for. For example we won't pursue if the only thing we have is a traffic violation. There is a 4 page policy on when we can and can't, but it basically says we can only pursue for a violent felony (Besides the eluding), or to protect the public from an imminent threat of great danger. So instead we cut it off, let you slow down to protect the public, and write up warrants for your arrest.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Mar 1st, 2012, 07:33 AM
When I lived in OH I saw a LOT of innocent victims die when a chase went bad and the idiot perp killed some family, running from nothing more than a speeding ticket.

I have ZERO tolerance or sympathy for people who run and get what they deserved.