PDA

View Full Version : scala rider G4

SaShWhO
Thu Mar 1st, 2012, 10:48 AM
who is using the scala rider G4 comms system here?
my girl bought me this for xmas and I recently installed it in two lids of mine.
just looking for a little feedback and I guess who I can look forward to chatting with while riding this year!:)

drago52
Thu Mar 1st, 2012, 02:01 PM
My buddy has a G4 setup and I have a Q2 setup. We use them a lot. The Q2 has to be charged by a 120V outlet, so that makes it a hassle on long multi-day trips. The G4 can be charged by USB. My Q2 had better radio-to-radio communication control when using the push-to-talk button. The G4 has a voice activated system that enables a lot due to wind noise in the helmet. The battery life on the Q2 was very good. I could communicate, talk on phone, listen to music for at least 2 days of 12-14 hour riding without recharging.

spdu4ia
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
I have the Q2 as well and really like it. I clip it on when the wife and I both ride. We couldn't get good comunication out of line of sight but it works great otherwise.

JohnEffinK
Fri Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:52 AM
Q2 here also. Took it to AK this summer and it worked good but truly only line of sight. Not sure what plugs you have but I got a cig lighter charger and SAE to cig lighter connection for multi-day when we did not have 120v to plug into.

All in all, I believe it to be a great purchase. G4 is supposedly better!

John

TwistyRydr
Sun Mar 25th, 2012, 08:59 AM
my girl bought me this for xmas and I recently installed it in two lids of mine.
just looking for a little feedback and I guess who I can look forward to chatting with while riding this year!:)

I just picked up the G4 for the hubby and I. We had the Q2's before my charging jack broke and my husband got tired of the miscommunication on rides. I'd go one way and he'd go another, pretty much my scatterbrain workings there. It got pretty frustrating, so yesterday I went to APEX and fixed that issue by grabbing the G4.

The only issue I'm seeing so far is that the push to talk is pretty delayed compared to what we are use to with the Q2's. Its a minor inconvenience compared to not having one at all, so I think they are handy as always.

ssutton21
Sun Mar 25th, 2012, 06:15 PM
i have the q2 set up:applause:

Clovis
Sun Mar 25th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I have a Q2 setup. I know Christy (Bornwildfree) has a G4.

I'm not sure if the two talk to each other, we couldn't get it to work in the 5 minutes we tried.

GIRLr6ider
Sun Mar 25th, 2012, 09:07 PM
im using it for the first time this riding season and so far its awesome. Its fun when you have another rider to use it with cuz the converstions get really funny. and the music sounds pretty good, it gets louder and softer automatically.

SaShWhO
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 11:42 AM
sweet!
I'll look forward to riding and chatting with y'all.